Best answer

Trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier, getting an "Error parsing response" error

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

163 replies

Userlevel 1
Looks like I'm not the only one. Please zapier.. get this solved. 
Upon installing the plugin it gave an “header missing” error…

Userlevel 1

Hello, i’m getting this error

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<html> <head> <META NAME="robots" CONTENT="noindex,nofollow"> <script src="/_Incapsula_Resource?S"

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information1

Don’t know if it has to be with the same issue everyone is talking, if it is, can you add me to the affected accounts database just to be updated once is resolved?

Thank you! love zapier!:grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Karmu I’ve added you to the issue report, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @anrchy, I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue. I’ve added you to the list of affected users so you’ll get an email when it’s sorted. 

I have the same problem, but i think that i know the reason: My web hosting.

I have to get your IP, so i can add it to whitelist.

+1 can I be in the list, I have the same error

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bret_Madden @ken@mightyc.io @Verlaagd Plafond you have been added to this report and will receive updates via email.

Hello,

I have this problem:

I've deactivated (and even deleted) wordfence.

no other plugin activated except my theme (generate press)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Clayton!

Thanks for your message about this, I think that the best way forward here would be for you to contact the Zapier Support Team using the Get Help form:https://zapier.com/app/get-help

They will be able to take a closer look at this error with you and can either troubleshoot with you or add you to the relevant issue report if needed. 

Hello.

I have similar problem.

I have installed the plugin Zapier for WordPress. And I am using the default theme with no other plugins  installed. 

Any Idea why this is happening? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@tavori and @voxin - I have added you both to the impacted users to the bug report. We’ll be in touch once there’s an update to share with you. At this time, there’s no ETA.

I have the same error:

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html style="height:100%"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,"

Having a very similar issue to everyone else here. Received the following error:

authentication failed: Got 401 calling POST https://cravingconnections.com//wp-json/zapier/v1/token, triggering auth refresh

When going into the link and removing ‘token’ at the end, it pulled up:

Would be fantastic if we could get it to work though...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Milad sorry you are running into an error here! 

I’m not certain that this is the same bug mentioned on this thread or perhaps something else.

I’m happy to add you to this bug report but would suggest reaching out to our Support team so that they can determine if this is the same bug or potentially something they can help troubleshoot!

Hi, I’m also getting this problem. Can you please add me as an impacted user?

Zap Error​​

I too got the same error. Can you please share me the solution for this.

Thanks,

Vijay

HI - I am also having the same error.  Please add me as an affected user. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Imani you have been added to this report and will receive updates via email!

I am having the same issue, I deactivated all security apps, removed and reinstalled Zapier app but still get the same error message.

Userlevel 1

Hello @christina.d I don’t know why you closed my topic 

but this error is still there and i cannot connect.  I need to fixed it urgently as i am loosing a lot of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or i would like to get my money back for zapier as it is not working and you are stealing my money because this is how we can call when you pay for sth and didn’t receive it.

Looking forward to quick response.

Please check that you put all of ppl in this thread and they have different errors …

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @DR1!

The error you’re running into appears to be different from the authentication failed: Error parsing response error.

With the authentication failed: 403 Forbidden error you’re getting, this tends to be caused by a security plugin or firewall blocking Zapier’s access. More on that here: WordPress - (403) Forbidden Error

As you’re still getting that error after disabling all security related plugins it could be that there are firewall or server settings that are preventing Zapier from accessing your WordPress site. I’d recommend reaching out to your website’s administrator/developer to make sure Zapier is allowed access.

Hope that helps! :)

I deactivated all security plugins before installing Zapier and still got this error message

Userlevel 1

Like many of the users, I’m also running into the same issue. After reading through this thread -- I have a few comments.

….The above facts lead me to believe the following: 

A - Zapier is having serious issues inside its business. (Financial, Engineering, Leadership, etc...)

B - The Zapier WordPress plugin has been abandoned.

C - Zapier customers should find a different product to meet their WordPress Automation/Integration needs.

All in all, very disappointing. 

Agreed. How quickly would this be resolved if this was an issue Zapier themselves were actually having?

I was working perfectly, and support has been super in the past. It’s all slightly confusing really.

+1 Please add me to the list. I have the same issue.

Has there been a fix for this Error parsing response?