F.A.Q.

Frequently asked questions

• 10 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This article covers some of the common questions that we get about the Community. If you have a question about using the Zapier Community that you can’t see below, please feel free to add a comment to this article or drop us an email at community@zapier.com.

How can I change my Community username?

If you would like to change your Community username, please email community@zapier.com from the email address associated with your Zapier Community account and let us know that you’d like to make the switch. Please tell us what your username currently is and what you would like to change it to. 

How can I change the email address I use with my Zapier Community account?

Your Zapier Community log in is directly tied to your Zapier account, you can only change your community email address by changing the address that you use for your Zapier account. You can do that in the Profile area of the Zapier settings page

How do I delete my Zapier Community account?

If you would like to delete your Community account, please send an email to community@zapier.com from the email address associated with your account. There are 2 important things to know about deleting a Zapier Community account:

1. Your posts, comments and likes will not be deleted, they will remain on the Community but they will be attributed to ‘Anonymous’. In other words, any content that you contributed will stay, but your account will not be attached to it. 
  2. It is not possible to recover a Community Account once it’s been deleted; we can reverse the process!

If you send your email asking us to delete your account, we will ask you to confirm that you understand both of these points before we delete the account. 

How can I report a user’s behaviour?

Please let us know if you feel that a user has broken the Community Code of Conduct, we want to make sure that the Community is a safe and welcoming place for everyone. If you believe that a member’s post (a question or comment, for example) has broken the Code of Conduct, please flag the post (you can learn how to do that in the About the Community article). If someone has sent you a direct message or messages that break the code of conduct, or otherwise have made you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, please take a screenshot of the message/s and send them to community@zapier.com.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

This post says that I should be able to edit my username directly, but I don’t see that possibility when I click “edit profile”.  This FAQ, which is newer than that post, says I have to send an email to change my username.  Why the change?

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Well spotted, @Mark Friedman!

The old post referenced the capabilities of the software the Community previously used to be run on (Vanilla). Once we switched over to the new forum software (inSided) it was no longer possible for Community members to edit their usernames via their profile settings. I’ve removed the old post to prevent it causing any confusion.

If you’d like to change your username, you’ll need to email us directly (as per the instructions above) and we’ll get that sorted for you.

I hope that helps to clarify. :)

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @SamB!

I’m brand new to this. I’m trying to create a recurring event with zapier and Chat GPT. I’ve created my image link but I don’t see a + sign supposedly at the bottom of the page to continue to post it back in chatgpt.

Any ideas?

Thanks

cxxcx