Best answer

Trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier, getting an "Error parsing response" error

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

163 replies

Userlevel 1

Same here if you could add to the list. 

I don’t know if this is related but I already have Zapier for WooCommerce installed and that works, just installed the Zapier for WordPress as trying to do some integration with Teams.

I had Zapier working with Woocommerce but today it stopped working and now I can’t connect again. I get this:

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: Could not interpret the authentication response.

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

I have followed all of the guidance - turning off plugins, permalinks, themes etc but nothing works.

Please help

Same problem here

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Maxie, welcome to the Community! :)

Ah, it looks as though there was a subsequent update to the one that was previously highlighted as the best answer so I’ve marked that as the best answer for clarity on the status of the issue. I’m really sorry that this has not been able to be resolved yet, I realise how much of a blocker it is for setting up a workflow with WordPress. :(

I can fully understand your concerns and have passed your comments here over to the team. I can’t give an ETA on when the bug will be resolved but I can promise you’ll be notified by email once it’s been sorted.

If you are running into any further issues in the meantime I really would recommend contacting our Support team via the Get Help form for assistance. We don’t have any access to the logs for your account so we’re a bit limited in terms of the troubleshooting assistance we can give here in the Community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Clayton!

Something you can try is what I suggested in this response. It’s solved the problem for some of the folks having this issue.

I’m getting a similar error too. This is on a live site that I can’t easily change permalinks. We are using Sucuri for firewall security and a CDN, if that might help.

Having the exact same issue here. Please add me to the list...

Hi!

Same problem.

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html style="height:100%"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,"

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@bodality and @Lucas Young - I’ve added you both to this report and you’ll be contacted via email.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m getting the same issues with intermittent connections and disconnections of my WordPress account.

When I successfully make a zap - Google Sheets to WordPress integration - I test it in zapier and it works great. But when I make the zap live it doesn’t work.

Sometimes when it does successfully connect to my Wordpress account (admin role) I get this error while making the zap. If I wait or click custom and click back to Post Type it often brings up the post types and I can continue making the zap.

And sometimes when I check my connections it says its disconnected and when I try to reconnect it I get this message:

I have turned off wordfence and caching program. I have also tried with all but essential plugins turned off (elementor, elementor pro, zapier)

Please help! 

Userlevel 1

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <!--[if IE 6]> <html id="ie6" lang="en-US"> <![endif]--> <!--[if IE 7]> <html id="ie"

Can’t connect to Wordpress - Any ideas? So far my Zapier experience is “...looks fanzy, can do nothing!” 

Hi, I’m trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier. I’ve installed and activated the Zapier plugin to wordpress. I go to log in to my Wordpress on Zapier, and I get the following error:

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html style="height:100%"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,"

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @jdamar - I have added you as an impacted user so that you will receive an email once there is an update!

Yes me too...hoping to get emailed the fix!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@clickclickclick @clickclickclick (not sure why there are two users with the exact same name but I’m tagging both to make sure): I’d say since your error message seems to be different than the one reported by the original poster that your best bet is to reach out to our Support team and/or create a new topic in Community. 

@Hary I’ve added you as an affected user as well, though if you’re not getting the same error as the person who started this post…

… I’d suggest to you the same as what I said above: please contact our Support team and/or start a new topic so we can try to keep these topics as clean as possible :)

Same problem for me…

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rohan!

Connecting to WordPress can be tricky as there are lots of different factors that can affect the connection. 

The first thing to do is to check out the Help Docs for WordPress:

How to Get started with WordPress on Zapier

Common Problems with WordPress

If the suggestions there don’t help, please get in touch with the Zapier Support Team as they will be able to take a closer look with you. You can do that using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

We are also facing the same problem while Adding JIRA account. Please help us with a solution or a workaround.

I tried to connect Feedly to Wordpress today and I had the same issue. The first thing that hapenned was that I got this error when I tried to activate the Zapier plugin: The plugin does not have a valid header.

I tried again after a few minutes and it Activated but whenever I try to create the Zap I get this error:

authentication failed: The Zapier plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/zapier is yet to be activated on the WordPress site provided. Please install and activate it first.

Can you please update us all? This thread has been open for months. Are you releasing a new version of the plugin? Do we need to change any settings?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @karlcw and @Jtunh2645, I’ve added you both to the list as well.

We’ll be sure to alert you by email as soon as it’s been resolved! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! This might be one for support in that case. I will flag it to the team. Hang tight!

i also have this problem.

This plugin seems to be very poorly done and does not seem to be updated at all.  I am also having the exact same error as everyone else in this thread and it seems that the issue has been ongoing for many months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@abdullah - You’ve been added to this report and will receive updates via email. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@BYS @karenRotem - you all have been added to this report and will be contacted with any updates!