Best answer

Trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier, getting an "Error parsing response" error

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

163 replies

Hi, I have the same issue as others. I get the same error when I try to reconnect my wordpress account.

What is the fix for the original issue? Is this bug fixed? I to am getting the issue and its not a security issue as I can connect gravity forms and zapier fine but not woocommerce?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for sharing how you got past that error, @Animaker131! We really appreciate it! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey all! :)

@DR1, I’m so sorry that disabling the security plugins didn’t work. It may be best to contact our Support team so that they can investigate this issue further with you. They will have access to the logs for your Zap and may be able to get some further insight into what’s causing that authentication failed: 403 Forbidden error. 

@allmyhoney, the authentication failed: Error parsing response error here relates to the WordPress integration, not the WooCommerce integration. I can see from this side that you’ve already reached out to our Support team about the different error you’re running into when connecting to WooCommerce and they are assisting you with this. If you have any further questions you can reply on that email thread and they’ll be happy to help! :)

@sonnysamson, I can’t see any screenshot attached to your message showing the error you’re seeing when trying to set up the connection to WordPress. Are you running into the same authentication failed: Error parsing response error? Or are you running into a different error here? 

@Amy creativesonall, there still isn’t a fix for the authentication failed: Error parsing response error unfortunately. I’ve added you as an affected user on the bug report. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s fixed. 

For me, my solution was to disable the Really Simple SSL plugin before trying to re-authenticate. Perhaps it was causing a conflict...

Same response here guys, would like to be added to the affected users list

Please include me in this list.  

We have the same error, what can we do?

We are creating a new site and had connected Zapier with our WP site, and now I am doing some final testing, I can no longer connect. We get the following error message, similar to all those above.

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: Authentication response parse failed.

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

Any ideas?

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I am seeing this error as well. Latest Zapier for WordPress plugin (1.1) and WordPress 5.5. 

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: " <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> "

Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
Double check your Account has the correct permissions
Check out our help docs for more information

I am having the same error:

PLEASE HELP! I am on a tight delivery date and this dependency is stopping the hole execution of the project!

the same problem

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE HTML> <html lang="en-US"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8" /> <meta http-equiv="Content-Ty"

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Same problem here !

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @rohan

Thanks for giving those tips a try, if they didn’t work then the best thing to do is get in touch with the Zapier support team using the Get Help form as they will be able to take a closer look at your Zap. Thanks!

Poor…...

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!doctype html> <html lang="en"> <head > <script> var BASE_URL = 'https\u003A\u002F\"

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

I am having the same issue I can not activate the plugin on WP 5.6

Hey, we are getting this error when trying to connect… 

authentication failed: Could not interpret the authentication response.

Hey all! :)

@DR1, I’m so sorry that disabling the security plugins didn’t work. It may be best to contact our Support team so that they can investigate this issue further with you. They will have access to the logs for your Zap and may be able to get some further insight into what’s causing that authentication failed: 403 Forbidden error. 

@allmyhoney, the authentication failed: Error parsing response error here relates to the WordPress integration, not the WooCommerce integration. I can see from this side that you’ve already reached out to our Support team about the different error you’re running into when connecting to WooCommerce and they are assisting you with this. If you have any further questions you can reply on that email thread and they’ll be happy to help! :)

@sonnysamson, I can’t see any screenshot attached to your message showing the error you’re seeing when trying to set up the connection to WordPress. Are you running into the same authentication failed: Error parsing response error? Or are you running into a different error here? 

@Amy creativesonall, there still isn’t a fix for the authentication failed: Error parsing response error unfortunately. I’ve added you as an affected user on the bug report. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s fixed. 

So the first reply to this long thread was that Zapier knows about the issue and someone will look into it in a week or two. One year later, you tell us to contact support?

Well, I’m not in the position to advise you how to run a business, but FIRST:

KEEP YOUR PROMISES.

Otherwise there’s no business.

ZAPIER is dead.​​

Given up my premium account a while back BECAUSE of this.

Came back and there’s no resolve.

That’s more than hilarious. What kind of support and performance does Zapier provide? The absent kind?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Dawn V. sorry you are encountering this! You have been added and will receive updates via email.

Zapier plugin isn’t compatible with WP5.6 We’re creating a new site that must integrate but receiving many errors when trying to authenticate our WordPress Zap to the plugin. Please add me to the updates & please resolve asap.

Cannot connect Wordpress to Zapier

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Jen I’ve gone in and added you to the list of affected users. You’ll get a notification as soon as the issue is resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey all,

There’s now quite a few different errors to the original one (“authentication failed: Error parsing response”) being discussed in this thread, making this a bit hard to follow. So I’ve moved @cyril2021’s and @Jussi’s posts out into a new topic here:

@BQM and @cbm, can you please confirm whether you are running into the same original error “authentication failed: Error parsing response” or the different, “authentication failed: 404 Not found” error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Florianccj!

I’ve added you to the list as well. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as there are any updates to share! :)