Best answer

Trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier, getting an "Error parsing response" error

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

163 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello there,

I am also interested in a fix for the parsing response error. It’s been a year since the first user reported it. I now solved it with running an old version of WP but other plugins aren’t working now :(

Userlevel 2

Hi all,

Our apologies for the delay in taking care of this long-standing issue. 

I’ve just spoken with the team and we’ll have our engineers look into it in the next 1-2 weeks and provide an update here with either a fix or further details.

Thank you for the detailed input and showing how much this matters to you!

~ Lars, product manager on our integrations team

Hi all,

Following up to let you know that we’ve been digging into the issue and it’s not a quick fix so it’s going to require further investigation.

For now, we’re adding logging so we can get more details about how and why this issue is occurring. With that we will be able to diagnose and hopefully come up with a resolution.

We don’t have an estimate for when it will be fixed yet, but we’ll let you know our progress again in 1-2 weeks at most.

Again, apologies to those affected and we’ll get it resolved ASAP.

Best regards,

~ Lars

Thank you for the update and for keeping us in the loop @Lars. Looking forward to hearing more about a resolution to get the plugin working again with Wordpress.

Thnx

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

We’ve made some progress this week and are still working to resolve the issue.

As some have noticed, we’ve started to show more detailed error messages to distinguish what turns out to be a few different issues. 

More updates to come! Meanwhile, we appreciate your continued patience while we work through this.

Best regards,

Lars 

Userlevel 1

Had the “authentication failed: Error parsing response” issue and after disabling the Securi, Wordfence and Limit login attempts plugins, still had no success. Found out it was the “Brute Force” security setting in JetPack

Userlevel 1

My issue is resolved, firewall issue for me. Working now. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

@Danvers ive not changed anything and this has been working fine for over a year. 

Can you add me to the update list on this please?

I’ve tried all kinds of things to make it work but still getting error messages.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Machinerie. I’ve added you to the list!

add me too please. it was working 3 4 days before but when I upgrade security of wordpress its disconected .

Hi there,

I am having the same issues:

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en-US" class="no-js"><head> <script async src="https://www.googletagmana"

I am running Wordpress 5.5.3

Can you please help?

Thanks

Hello, I’d also like to be added to the list of impacted users. Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

Our apologies for the delay in taking care of this long-standing issue. 

I’ve just spoken with the team and we’ll have our engineers look into it in the next 1-2 weeks and provide an update here with either a fix or further details.

Thank you for the detailed input and showing how much this matters to you!

~ Lars, product manager on our integrations team

Hi all,

Following up to let you know that we’ve been digging into the issue and it’s not a quick fix so it’s going to require further investigation.

For now, we’re adding logging so we can get more details about how and why this issue is occurring. With that we will be able to diagnose and hopefully come up with a resolution.

We don’t have an estimate for when it will be fixed yet, but we’ll let you know our progress again in 1-2 weeks at most.

Again, apologies to those affected and we’ll get it resolved ASAP.

Best regards,

~ Lars

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Shazap! Thanks so much for coming into update the thread with what worked for you! It’s very much appreciated and hopefully helps unblock others as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Eoro @ryanred13 @timspencer @argilmour @Consultorsalud - I’ve added you all to the impacted users list. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

ok it didn’t solve it. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great news @Dandelion Learning! I’m really glad you were able to get rid of that “authentication failed: Error parsing response” error by disabling the Brute Force setting in JetPack.

Thanks for sharing your solution here so that others can benefit from your discovery! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Tere I have added you as an impacted user as well so that you will be notified once there is an update. 

Having the exact same issue here. Please add me to the list...

Hi there,

I am attempting to integrate Zapier with my wordpress, however I am receiving the following error (similar to what everyone else on this thread is receiving) below.

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!doctype html> <html lang="en-US" class="no-js"> <head> <!-- Meta Tags --> <meta http-equ"

Is this a bug on the Zapier side or is there a way that I can fix this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@District Photography UK - sure thing, you have been added as well!

I have Same problem

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html style="height:100%"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,"

Same here, I am getting the same error and cannot fix it. Could you please let me know. Thanks!

I have the same problem, please add me to the bugreport as well, to be notified of any development. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @GWENC and @Jackonthenet! :)

@GWENC, I’m really sorry you’re still running into that “authentication failed: Error parsing response.” error. It appears to be the same error that was originally discussed in this thread and christina.d has added you to the bug report that relates to it.  

That said, I’ve been doing some further digging and it looks as though some users have been running into this “Error parsing response” authentication error when using plugins like reCAPTCHA and Jetpack. So one thing you may want to try here would be to turn off the plugins on the site and turn them back on one by one to try to identify which one may be affecting our ability to connect. 

@Jackonthenet, the error you’re running into appears to the same one as mentioned in chelseychubb’s previous message here where she talks about a potential fix for that. Can you give that a try and see if that solves it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Redactia @CarterhaughLLC I have added you both to this report so that you will be notified of any updates via email!