Best answer

Trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier, getting an "Error parsing response" error

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

163 replies

I have the same problem, please add me to the bugreport as well, to be notified of any development. 

Please add me to the impacted list

Userlevel 1

Same over here, please add me to the list.

I am having the same issue.

• I tried updating my permalink structure as suggested elsewhere here.
  • I do not get the permission pop-up to click allow on.
  • I do not have a remote publishing option in settings > writing

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@fas31 - I have added you as an impacted user so that you will receive an email with any updates!

✋ Another affected user here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @clickclickclick 

The error message that you’re seeing doesn’t match what we’d see if the WordPress connection is affected by the issue reported here. It can be tricky to connect Zapier to WordPress as there are different factors that affect the connection. 

Take a look at these help guides as there may be something that will fix the connection:

How to get started with WordPress on Zapier

Common problems with WordPress

You are also listed as an affected user on the issue that gives the error message:

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html style="height:100%"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,"

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

And we will send you an email when that’s resolved. 

Please add me to this group as an impacted user. Note I am adding this to a fresh 5.6 Wordpress without any plugins and the error still appears. 

Hi@rohan!

Connecting to WordPress can be tricky as there are lots of different factors that can affect the connection. 

The first thing to do is to check out the Help Docs for WordPress:

How to Get started with WordPress on Zapier

Common Problems with WordPress

If the suggestions there don’t help, please get in touch with the Zapier Support Team as they will be able to take a closer look with you. You can do that using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I tried the solution in the response however it did not work for us

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@juanexplore.us thanks for your message, I’ve added you as an affected user on the issue 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Clayton you have been added to this issue so that you will be contacted via email with updates!

@hknaltunok @Kosta @aronverhoeven - you all have been added as impacted users and will receive updates via email!

@Liz_Roberts - Please can you add me as an impacted user as well? I’d like to be updated on this too.

Please include me in this list.