Best answer

ClickUp Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

176 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear you’re also running into this issue, @chanse. I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of folks being impacted by this. Unfortunately I can’t give an update on when this will be resolved by, but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as the bug is fixed. 

In the meantime, there’s been a couple of workarounds mentioned here previously. One from support shared by ZBN22 here and a another workaround mentioned by Ken that might be worth exploring. The latter involves using webhooks which are a more advanced, paid feature so may not be a viable option here but though it worth suggesting just in case it’s useful! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @3cZap! 🙂

I’ve added you to the list of affected users here now. We’ll be sure to contact you by email (along with everyone else on that list) as soon as it’s been resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear using the default sample wouldn’t work for you @Jared L and @zappimappi

Hmm, if those custom fields come through from ClickUp in the Zap History when the Zap runs live, then you could try using the custom pill mapping to manually select them.

We’ve got a guide in Community that explains how to do that here: 

Hope that helps! 🤞

Edit: Forgot to confirm that I’ve added you to the list of affected users too @zappimappi! 🙂

Hey @SamB could I be added to the list of users affected as well? I’m running into the same issue.

Same issue with us too. 

Please add me to the list of affected users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @Anthony21389472389, @Bags Always Packed and @Jazzy! 👋

Sorry to hear that you’re also running into this issue. I’ve added you all to the list of affected users. There’s no ETA on when this will be resolved by but we’ll definitely be in touch by email as soon as it’s sorted. 🙂 

Hi there, please add me to the list of affected users. I am getting this error message on the “new task” trigger. 

please let me know when this is fixed as well 

Hi @SamB ! Same as Alex, would you mind adding me to the list of affected users? I’m having the same problem.

Thank you so much,

Elena

Userlevel 3

Via Caleb (an awesome Zaper support ) provided the following: 

It seems that tasks with a status of "closed" are ignored when pulling samples, in particular. Closed tasks should trigger the zap live, though. 

To get around that, here's what you can try:

1.     In Zapier, change the Task Status field to something other than "Closed".

2.     In ClickUp, create an open task.

3.     In Zapier, try pulling in a sample again.

4.     If that works, you can use the sample to map the rest of the Zap.

5.     You can then change the Task Status field in the trigger step back to "closed" once everything is saved. 

I skipped the Zap testing and tested my zaps live and they worked so give that a try all. Cheers everyone! 

Hi, im trying to create a zap that triggers when a clickup task is updated, but i keep receiving this issue. Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined.

Ive provided screen shots below. Thank you

May I please be added to the notification list? I tried the Webhook option but it isn’t bringing in everything I need. 

Hi, im trying to create a zap that triggers when a clickup task is updated, but i keep receiving this issue. Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined.

Ive provided screen shots below. Thank you

It's my first time at Zappier and I was very excited, but I was disappointed, I'll be back in a few months waiting for the solution. 

Can you add me to the list of affected users please. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @araquel1013,

I'm sorry to inform you that we currently don't have an exact timeframe for when this issue will be resolved. Rest assured that we will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

Since the ClickUp integration is owned and maintained by them, it would be worth it to reach out to their support team directly. By letting them know about the bug you're experiencing with their app, they can address it more effectively.

Although they have access to the bug report in our system, it's always helpful for them to hear directly from their users. Your feedback can make a difference in expediting the resolution process.

Thanks!

Problem solved.
You have to login to Zapier with the same email as on ClickUp.

Please add me to the list of affected users.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Also having this issue when trying to have a new ClickUp taste create a detailed Google calendar event. Zapier is not pulling in a test event, thus I am unable to map out any of my custom fields from Clickup. HALP

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Really really need this to be fixed. 

@SamB Please add me to your notification list. Thanks.

Hi it seems this has not yet been resolved… what are the plans? Would you please add me to the list. This is one criteria for me to get a paid Zapier subscription, and I need to be able to run various zaps connected to ClickUp. Thanks

Sorry to hear that @ronaldjobbatical! I found a workaround for dealing with null values in line items you could potentially try. You can find it mentioned in the Best Answer here: 

Hopefully that’ll help to get around it. 🙂

@smetzger and @MarcieWP - thank you for reaching out here, I’ve added you both to the list of affected users as well. 

I can’t make any promises as to when it’ll be resolved by but I’m hopeful we’ll have some good news to share here very soon! 🤞

Thank you @SamB for the advice! Just wanted to let you know I’ll be pausing this project until the original issue gets resolved to avoid spending too much time moving from one workaround to the next. As many people seem to be stuck with the same, I’m sure the issue gets priority attention. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks all, I’ve added everyone to that bug report!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @madcapperstudios and @Visory! 👋

@madcapperstudios, if the payload is coming over empty it could be that something isn’t configured quite right on the ClickUp side of things. I’d recommend checking out ClickUp’s documentation on how to use Automation actions to see if there’s anything on that side that needs tweaking for the Webhook callUse Automation Actions

In the meantime, I’ve added both you and @Visory to the list of affected users so we can contact you the minute it gets resolved.

This bug has been around for quite some time now and we really appreciate everyone’s patience while it’s being worked on. Hopefully we’ll have some good news to share on this soon! 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi friends! 👋

@damonza - I’ve got you added to the list now so you’ll get an email from us as soon as it’s sorted! 

@ronaldjobbatical - Thanks for letting me know, I’m so sorry that you’re having to pause your project for now. 

I do hope this issue gets sorted soon, I know how frustrating this must be for everyone affected. And really appreciate everyone for being so patient while this is being worked on, I know it’s not easy so thank you! 🤗