Best answer

ClickUp Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined

Userlevel 3

Hi, im trying to create a zap that triggers when a clickup task is updated, but i keep receiving this issue. Error while retrieving: Cannot read property 'map' of undefined.

Ive provided screen shots below. Thank you

icon

Best answer by SamB 10 April 2024, 12:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

176 replies

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your response and suggestions Sam.

The issue with the default ClickUp sample is that it doesn’t include any custom fields, all of which I need to be imported into my Google Calendar event. I’m an artist manager and I’m keeping an itinerary for a touring band in ClickUp. I have custom fields set up for promoter and production contacts, ticket links, run of show, etc. The goal is to have this populate a Google Calendar which the band can easily refer to on the road. 

So, without being able to pull in the live samples, I don’t have the ability to sync custom fields with Google Calendar. Let me know if there’s a workaround for that. Otherwise, I’ll keep an eye out for the bug fix via email.

Cheers,

Jared

Userlevel 1

Same issue here upon creating a new connection between Zapier and Clickup and attempting to make my first Zap. 😕 Hoping for a quick resolution. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, there

I’ve found a workaround. 

I use the Clickup automation to trigger a webhook and it works. 

In my case it should be triggered when the clickup task reach a specific state.

I created a Zapier webhook trigger instead of Clickup state change.

Maybe helps .. 

Userlevel 1

https://clickup.com/features/automations

@Zsambi would you please share the workaround with the webhook in ClickUp?

And may I please be added to the list of affected users.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi, @RashidatO 

For the workaround to work you should first create a Zapier “Catch Hook”. 

After that you should copy the webhook URL for later use by ClickUp automation.

Than create a new ClickUp automation that call the Zapier webhook. You can use ClickUp variables as parameters for the trigger if you need.  I added “email” parameter to the and of the webhook URL separated by “?” sign.

I use the Formatter by Zapier for extractiong the added email parameter

How it works: if the clickup task state changes it will call the Zapier webhook and start the automation.

I hope this helps 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for sharing those details of the workaround you used here, @Zsambi. It’s much appreciated! 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Lilith,

I apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused you. I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email or in this thread once the bug gets fixed.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @SunAstoner! I’ve added you to the list now. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s sorted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing @Alex109099090! I’ve added you to that list now.

We’ll be in touch with any updates here, as and when we have them! 🙂

Userlevel 3

Thanks Ken. I tried multiple times but still getting same error. Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @PerryAO, @clientacquisition.io, @EmilyQui, @joshwalkerAEF, and @MLiu

I wanted to let you all know that I have added you as additional affected members to the open bug report. Although we can't provide an exact timeframe for when this will be fixed, we will let you know via email or on this thread once it is.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same exact error code

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for letting us know, @maidfantastic - you’ve been added as well. We’ll be sure to email you if anything changes. 🙂

Userlevel 3

I’m not getting the same message in all my clickup integrations where the trigger is creating a task too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends - I’ve added you both to the bug report! 

While I wish I had more to share, there are no updates at this time. That said, the ClickUp app is owned and maintained by a team of their developers. While we’re always happy to track bugs on behalf of users, ultimately the timeframe for fixes will be up to their team. 

We’ll absolutely be sure to share any changes here though.

Thanks again for letting us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @TwentyFourSeven! Happy to confirm that I’ve added you to the list of affected users as well now. 🙂

Userlevel 1

@SamB It has been 30 days since this issue was known to Staff at Zapier. Please find a cure as Today June 9th I tried making my clickup integration and it had the same issue!! @SamB please add me to the list as well…..

Having the same zapier email as clickup didn’t work for me

Please add me to the list. Does anyone have a work around in the meantime?

Hey @SamB, could you add me to that list as well? I’m facing the same issues still.

Hi @SamB could you add me to the list of affected users as well? Thank you.

Thanks. Please add me to the list to receive email updates on this fix. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @KCD,

I'm sorry, but it's challenging to provide a specific timeframe for bug fixes as there are several factors involved.

We take into account the complexity of the bug, the number of users impacted, and the overall scope of the issue when we prioritize them. The timeframe can also vary depending on whether the issue is entirely within our control or if we need to collaborate with our partners at other apps to resolve it.

In the meantime, please know that I've added both you and @TMLeBlanc01 to the list of affected members in the open bug report. We'll make sure to keep you updated via email as soon as the bug is resolved.

Thank you for understanding.

Please add me to the list of updates

I am having the same issue as well. Please add me to the list. Also, it there any ETA when this will be solved?

Hello @SamB, would you mind also adding me to the list of affected users, too? I’m having the same problem.