Best answer

YouTube “The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota” error

Userlevel 3

Hi all --

I have a Zap that gets triggered when a new video appears in a playlist. Over the past 10 days I’ve received a couple of failure notification emails from Zapier that indicate

Error Message:

32 YouTube: Trigger partner failure: The app returned "The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.".

Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening?

FWIW, the only other post on this that I’ve found is this one:

which refers you to a Google API docs, and through them, to the Google API console, which doesn’t actually show who and how quota units are being used up. Is there a way to find out how many quota units are being use by a Zap, or if not, influence the triggering somehow? My Zap only needs to run once a day, but right now the only relevant YouTube trigger options seem to be to select “When a video shows up in a playlist”.

Any suggestions would be appreciated -- thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 18 August 2022, 00:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

374 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi all!

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for their ongoing patience. It’s not lost on us how big of an impact this issue has had and we truly appreciate everyone hanging in there with us.

While a resolution is taking longer than we had initially hoped, the team is still actively working on this. At the moment, the most current update I have is that we’re still working with YouTube to get our limits lifted. In addition to this though, the team is exploring other alternatives and improvements in an effort to minimize overall quota usage.

I’ll be closing this thread now for further comments but I want to reassure everyone that this is still a top priority for us. The team will also continue to post updates here as they become available. Subscribing to this thread will be the quickest way to stay in the loop!

Please do not open new threads on this same topic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everyone! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for your continued patience on this. I just wanted to follow up here to let y’all know that we’re still working with YouTube to get some of our limits lifted to stop running into these errors. We’re also currently exploring alternatives and improvements to the current YouTube app triggers to help minimize our overall quota usage.

I can’t give any timeframe as to when this will be fully resolved but we’ll be sure to notify all those affected as soon as it is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks all for your continued patience.

I wanted to come back with another update reassuring you the team is still working diligently to implement a long-term solution. Since last we chatted we are still actively working with YouTube to increase quotas. In an effort to keep usage under these limits and fair for everyone we’re also exploring implementing a per user limit. We anticipate this will only impact a very small portion of users. We’ll continue to communicate with everyone as this evolves though.

All that said, we understand the affect this has had and appreciate everyones ongoing understanding. We’ll be in touch with more updates as they're available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends. A very belated update to advise this bug has officially been closed. 

You can check out the most current update in this topic here:

We’ll continue to monitor this moving forward but in the meantime thank you again for your patience as the team worked to find and implement a long-term solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Mr Design Wolf, @JordanB, @dod and @r3it! I’ve added you all to the list of affected users as well.

I’m so sorry that workaround didn’t work as hoped. We’ll be sure to email you all as soon as this has been sorted.

Userlevel 1

I am not super interested in being added to the giant list because it is obvious from this 385 message thread that every single Zapier user who uses YouTube is hitting this issue.

I am more interested in when it is going to be addressed…. when is Zapier going to increase it’s quota with YouTube. For now the only solution we all have is to set up an email rule to drop the messages

Userlevel 1

Hey Everyone affected by this, Integrately.com is a REALLY great alternative until Zapier can get their stuff together. I love Zapier. I have a high tier paid plan through Zapier with my business, but this is getting ridiculous. I’ll come back to Zapier if they can get this together and fixed, but my business can’t wait for a product I pay for to work correctly.

@jd342345@Levi the Editor@mgu@Mia Myriad@cemcagatay 

@Dom WBBV@Marinos_bruh@AmasonOne@zapmeclass and @richarddwalsh@LocalLeadsExpress@drjane​​, @raklet@Jnegaret@BrainlegacyTech, and @zapmeclass

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out: @dazora@RightChoiceCA , @Johann@alex401@nocodeconsulting@Musa@calton@Thomas99@Blueberries@cwattyeso@Elf Games@zweitbuero@Ben@Dr. Yoshimi Tokui@theJoleneU@FreddyMac 

I apologize for the delay here, you’ve all been added to the list of affected users. I really cannot thank everyone enough for your ongoing patience. I definitely appreciate the predicament it puts ya’ll in. While I don’t have an ETA to provide, I do want to assure you the team is actively working on this with our partner and that your feedback is heard. 

For any new comers who make it this far in the thread, feel free continue to let us know if you’re impacted by this bug! It helps ensure you’re getting the most timely update when there is a fix in place. Myself or my teammates will also be sure to update the thread at that time. 

Userlevel 1

Hey Guys, I have the workaround you’ve all been waiting for…

I’ve started using the RSS module to pull in new videos from YouTube, using this link as the RSS source:

https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=THE_CHANNEL_ID_HERE

And for playlists use:

https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?playlist_id=THE_PLAYLIST_ID_HERE

This has been working perfectly for me, so far. I really hope with the added traffic generated from sharing this won’t break this method too 🙏🏽🥲

Hey Zapier team, a free lifetime “Company” plan would be a great reward for solving this. 😏. Or, better, hire me.

(Even though, to be honest, after experimenting with a bunch of other Zapier alternatives, I actually think I’m hooked on another one, that recently had a name change.)

Userlevel 1

How is this still not sorted?! It’s been over 2 months now of constant daily emails about the YouTube API quota, and zaps failing to work.

Zapier, you have paying customers who are currently getting nothing out of your service. This thread right here as almost 200 comments of customers affected, and I imagine there are thousands that haven’t bothered to look for this thread.

We pay for a service, and right now you aren’t delivering on that service. Sort it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everyone! :)

@Ar3m3f, I can see that you’ve reached out to our Support team about this and have been added to the bug report for this issue here.

@360Creators, I’ve added you to the list of affected users on that same bug report so we’ll be in touch once it’s been sorted out.

@Ambler, as mentioned in the other thread I’ve added you to the bug report for this.  

We’ll be in touch once we have any further news on this! 

Moderator Edit: Removed suggestion of turning the Zap off and on again as this appears to now be resulting in a “There was a problem activating your Zap” error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out @TraderHowell and @Aleron! You’ve both been added to that report. We’ll share updates as soon as we have them! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @DropFunnels, @GhostVPN, @tcaadmissions, @Ev0lve212, @3DJ and @dtblake103! Thanks for letting us know. I can confirm that you’ve all been added to the list of affected users on the bug report.    

There’s no chance of us giving up on this, @dtblake103

Thank you all for your continued patience while we’re still working with YouTube to get this resolved. We’ll definitely be in touch to let y’all know the moment it gets sorted.

Userlevel 1

When is this issue going to be fixed? It looks to have been ongoing since Jan 2022 and its now April. We’re going to be cancelling our account if this cannot be resolved.

Userlevel 1

@christina.d I am also affected. I had to turn off the Zap for now. The quota is 10000 units per day, and it seems like Zapier does a « search » API call on every polling of YouTube, which costs 10 units. If Zapier polls Youtube every minute, then the 10000 quota gets exhausted after 17 hours of polling. Imagining YouTube resets its rate limiting at midnight PST, and since I received the quota exhausted message at 16:56 PST, it totally checks out.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @SamB 

Userlevel 1

This is affecting us, and causing a real headache. Any workarounds that people have found, or any updates on ETA for a fix?

Userlevel 1

Looks like everyone is having the same issue. I’m experiencing this as well. 

FWIW, I would not recommend turning off your Zap and trying to turn it back on. It does not reset your quota as that limit is exceeded on the Youtube side. so it is tied to whatever account you were using for that connection. 

Since the quota is daily, you should be able to come back the next day and re-enable the zap by reconnecting your youtube account. It will also automatically reset, so your next zap should go through. 

From my testing, it does seem to send at least 1 zap through each day and then you hit the quota on the second or sometime after sending the first. I can intermittently get videos through without modifying the zap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for letting us know @Hilario@joelheath24, and @Justice4me!

I’ve got all of you added to the list of impacted users. We’ll be in touch as soon as we know more. 

Userlevel 1

I don’t think this will be fixed soon, now it has been more than 3 months, and no action has been taken.
this is not rocket science guys, all you need to do is talk with google and get it resolved.

Userlevel 1

The assurances that this is a top priority are wearing thin since it’s been weeks. There are no updates, just closing comments on threads. 

What’s going on? What are some proposed workarounds? Are you just hoping people will keep paying for Zapier and ignore this huge problem?

Userlevel 1

@SamB add me to the bug report. This is frustrating as YouTube is a part of our publishing pipeline. Anytime the YouTube upload fails with this error it makes everything else after it fail. How is there not a fix yet?

Userlevel 1

@christina.d I also am seeing the error.

Userlevel 1

Can you release a version of the Youtube integration so that we can use our own keys?

This issue has been going on for months now and it’s seriously impacting our workflows. We’re considering for Zapier alternatives.

Userlevel 1

I have been having this issue now for over a month. 

Our Zap is meant to upload a video to youtube when there’s a new video in google Drive. 

We get “The app returned "The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.".”

Please fix this issue soon!!