Best answer

YouTube “The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota” error

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

374 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for reaching out to let us know you’re also being affected here, @Rommiee, @Ayyj, @Gabbie Harris, @Grace Temple SDA Church, @SierraEcoXray, @Leon, @User47635, @bourbonpursuit, @jsonp80, @TalkinFight and @OlegMich.

We’re still working on getting the quota limits increased. Once that’s been sorted it should get rid of the errors y’all are running into here. I’m really sorry I don’t have better news to share with you right now. I don’t have any details as to when YouTube will be increasing the shared quota limits but we’ll definitely be sure to notify you all by email (and will update this thread) as soon as its done!

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem everyone has since verified and now it’s over a month t-since this was reported. 

Please get this fixed. 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

Userlevel 1

I literally just logged on to check the progress out!!

Come on Zapier!

The tag line when you log in is “Ready to scale your business?” - I was until the YouTube API went tits up!

After months of planning and getting buy-in from stakeholders, I had just overhauled a major process within our business which was going to take us to new heights; all built on the Zapier YouTube integration It was really helping for about 5 days then the API broke and it’s been silent ever since the main ticket was closed down.

I don’t believe “it’s a priority for us” is legitimate as there is no way a priority would take several months to resolve. People would be getting fired in my business if their ‘priorities’, which thousands of customers depended on, took months!

We want answers and accountability!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry you’re running into this issue as well, @Dori Adar and @Archintel Video:frowning2:

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users here. We’re still working with YouTube to get these limits increased and will be sure to let you all know the moment its fixed! 

Userlevel 1

Support won’t help me because I didn’t develop the Zap for “Ad Viddy”

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @ConcernedShrimp, @PBWSB, @kfresh, @Fream, @tini020, @PedroJ and @CBI! I’ve added you all to the list of affected users. 

And thank you for sharing that helpful workaround for triggering on new YouTube videos, @PedroJ. I’m sure there will be plenty of folks in Community who will find it useful! 🙂

Userlevel 1

We’ve had the error for numerous weeks now. Cannot find a workaround.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Sales Sniper! Sorry to hear about this, I hope you don’t mind, I moved your question to the main topic regarding this bug.

Unfortunately this is still an ongoing bug related to exceeded YouTube quotas. I can see my teammate was able to add you to the list of impacted users and we’ll be sure to keep you in the loop once we know more! Thanks for your continued patience as we work through this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @mig39, @Nojem, @Rkauff, @Johann, @Phillip and @Yoglove! You’ve all been added to the list too. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as we’ve got any update on this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that, @mizifih. I’ve added you to the list of affected users as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out @daniel gh, @articlevideorobot, @Ayyj, @will-mtd, @CFYogi, @CM-Arcadia, and @motetn. I’ve got you all added to that list and we’ll be in touch as soon as the limits been increased!

Userlevel 1

This is strange indeed. Yesterday I set my zaps and they all told of this Trigger partner failure due to quota YET they had posted! Today, they haven’t :( Please add me to the list as this was the main reason i signed up for the starter plan to save me time but I’m constantly logging in to try and fix something I now realise i can’t fix!

They should give us a option to use “our” API Keys, and the problem is gone.

Userlevel 1

Hi, lots of people with lots of complaints about this - however the issue has been ongoing for over 1mth now. 

Where exactly are Zapier up to with fixing this? What updates regarding this issue can be shared?

This is critical to us, and unfortunately, we feel like we have no choice but to find another provider as it doesn’t seem like any sort of fix is coming...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @therapyayrn. Thanks for reaching out. 

I went ahead and got you added to the list of impacted users. This is still something the team is actively working on a long-term solution for. Once that is released we’ll be sure to post here and send an email!

If you have specific questions regarding your account, definitely feel free to reach out to my friends in support. While only available by email they’re truly the best at what they do and are always happy to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there @Topstep@WendlesHarris@Iman Gadzhi, I’ve got you all added to that bug report. Thanks again for your patience while we work through this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @mixelpix! I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll notify you by email as soon as it’s been sorted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out to confirm you’re also being affected, @ywca-aus, @DeathbyStilton, @Shyam, @fulcorno, @maelvls and @ain!

I’ve added all of you to the list of impacted users on the bug report. To confirm, these quota errors are related to the shared quota across all Zapier accounts using the YouTube app, rather than for individual YouTube accounts.

I can’t give any estimates as to when the quota limit will be increased but we’ll be in touch the moment this is resolved! 

Userlevel 2

Just need to pay your quota on Google and everybody can use again.

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota

Userlevel 1

This is because the zapier is limited to the YouTube api quota. The quota needs to be expanded. There's nothing we can do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there @Phil B, @Goalcast Goalcast, and @J.O.! I’ve got you all added to that list of impacted users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @captconstruct, @SQUAWKING DEAD, @raklet, @mcaballlero! I’ve got you all added to the bug report.

The team is still working on getting quota levels increased to a sufficient amount. Definitely understand everyone’s frustration! We’ll keep everyone updated once the increase takes place but in the meantime we truly appreciate the continued patience. 

Yea, this is pretty problematic. Let’s prioritize a fix, please.

Hi,

I started having the same problem. The users of my application are being affected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We appreciate you letting us know @Spratch and @thehunmonkgroup! You’ve been added to that list and we’ll be in touch as soon as we know more. 

I’m getting the same error as well