Best answer

YouTube “The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota” error

Userlevel 3

Hi all --

I have a Zap that gets triggered when a new video appears in a playlist. Over the past 10 days I’ve received a couple of failure notification emails from Zapier that indicate

Error Message:

32 YouTube: Trigger partner failure: The app returned "The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.".

Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening?

FWIW, the only other post on this that I’ve found is this one:

which refers you to a Google API docs, and through them, to the Google API console, which doesn’t actually show who and how quota units are being used up. Is there a way to find out how many quota units are being use by a Zap, or if not, influence the triggering somehow? My Zap only needs to run once a day, but right now the only relevant YouTube trigger options seem to be to select “When a video shows up in a playlist”.

Any suggestions would be appreciated -- thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 18 August 2022, 00:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

374 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@christina.d turns out I get the error msg citing an exceeded quota too… can you add me to “the list”?  Thanks!

Of note, YouTube seems to think Zapier is authorized:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @mixelpix! I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll notify you by email as soon as it’s been sorted.

Userlevel 1

Hey Everyone affected by this, Integrately.com is a REALLY great alternative until Zapier can get their stuff together. I love Zapier. I have a high tier paid plan through Zapier with my business, but this is getting ridiculous. I’ll come back to Zapier if they can get this together and fixed, but my business can’t wait for a product I pay for to work correctly.

@jd342345@Levi the Editor@mgu@Mia Myriad@cemcagatay 

@Dom WBBV@Marinos_bruh@AmasonOne@zapmeclass and @richarddwalsh@LocalLeadsExpress@drjane​​, @raklet@Jnegaret@BrainlegacyTech, and @zapmeclass

I am also getting this error on a critical flow for our business. Please add me to your list.

I’m getting the same error.

Please also add me to this list. 
I’m getting incredibly frustrated that it’s not working :/ 

Same problem here. Please add me to the bug report.

Userlevel 1

Hey Guys, I have the workaround you’ve all been waiting for…

I’ve started using the RSS module to pull in new videos from YouTube, using this link as the RSS source:

https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=THE_CHANNEL_ID_HERE

And for playlists use:

https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?playlist_id=THE_PLAYLIST_ID_HERE

This has been working perfectly for me, so far. I really hope with the added traffic generated from sharing this won’t break this method too 🙏🏽🥲

Hey Zapier team, a free lifetime “Company” plan would be a great reward for solving this. 😏. Or, better, hire me.

(Even though, to be honest, after experimenting with a bunch of other Zapier alternatives, I actually think I’m hooked on another one, that recently had a name change.)

Also having this issue. Please add me to the bug report & keep me posted. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey Everyone affected by this, Integrately.com is a REALLY great alternative until Zapier can get their stuff together. I love Zapier. I have a high tier paid plan through Zapier with my business, but this is getting ridiculous. I’ll come back to Zapier if they can get this together and fixed, but my business can’t wait for a product I pay for to work correctly.

@jd342345@Levi the Editor@mgu@Mia Myriad@cemcagatay 

@Dom WBBV@Marinos_bruh@AmasonOne@zapmeclass and @richarddwalsh@LocalLeadsExpress@drjane​​, @raklet@Jnegaret@BrainlegacyTech, and @zapmeclass

Hey buddy - thank you for this. 

Unfortunately, we’re in the same boat with a higher tier paid plan, but this issue & lack of updates regarding fixing it just isn’t right.

Integrately seems like a good option right now, just signed up. A bit gutted because I do like Zap, but if it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @ConcernedShrimp, @PBWSB, @kfresh, @Fream, @tini020, @PedroJ and @CBI! I’ve added you all to the list of affected users. 

And thank you for sharing that helpful workaround for triggering on new YouTube videos, @PedroJ. I’m sure there will be plenty of folks in Community who will find it useful! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi all!

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for their ongoing patience. It’s not lost on us how big of an impact this issue has had and we truly appreciate everyone hanging in there with us.

While a resolution is taking longer than we had initially hoped, the team is still actively working on this. At the moment, the most current update I have is that we’re still working with YouTube to get our limits lifted. In addition to this though, the team is exploring other alternatives and improvements in an effort to minimize overall quota usage.

I’ll be closing this thread now for further comments but I want to reassure everyone that this is still a top priority for us. The team will also continue to post updates here as they become available. Subscribing to this thread will be the quickest way to stay in the loop!

Please do not open new threads on this same topic.

Hello,

I’m affected by the “YouTube account is expired” issue.  I’d appreciate it if you added me to the list @christina.d and @SamB 

Thanks and cheers

Userlevel 1

When is this issue going to be fixed? It looks to have been ongoing since Jan 2022 and its now April. We’re going to be cancelling our account if this cannot be resolved.

Userlevel 1

The assurances that this is a top priority are wearing thin since it’s been weeks. There are no updates, just closing comments on threads. 

What’s going on? What are some proposed workarounds? Are you just hoping people will keep paying for Zapier and ignore this huge problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @fcouncil. Thanks for reaching out. I’ve got you added to that report!

@TH3DTim and @LWT-MV, your thoughts are heard and valid. We appreciate you continuing to share them. Currently the team is still actively researching solutions and process improvement to ensure this doesn’t become a reoccurring concern moving forward. I know this isn’t the fix ya’ll were hoping for and I truly wish I had more to offer at the moment.

If you do have concerns regarding billing, our support team is a wonderful resource and more than happy to look into any specific questions you may have. We’ll continue to keep everyone updated as we know more.

Hello! I need help in getting my automation to work again. I have set up an automation wherein everytime a YouTube video gets published from my own YouTube channel, it would send a message to Slack. It has been working fine previously but lately, it doesn’t work anymore. It started 2 weeks ago when the YouTube channel app connection expired and I had to log in. It worked for a week and then disconnected again. Now, I can no longer get it to reconnect. Please help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Sales Sniper! Sorry to hear about this, I hope you don’t mind, I moved your question to the main topic regarding this bug.

Unfortunately this is still an ongoing bug related to exceeded YouTube quotas. I can see my teammate was able to add you to the list of impacted users and we’ll be sure to keep you in the loop once we know more! Thanks for your continued patience as we work through this.

Hello, 

I appreciate this tool and discovered it few days ago, and I created my fist zap and took much time to learn how to create connections and all. 

Few days later my youtube account has been disabled, and I noticed in the community that this problem is common, and it’s been 3 months according to the posts i’ve read, I wasn’t even able to comment on the answers, this is why I am creating this post. 

If it’s been 3 months that your team is trying to connect only youtube, well I started thinking about an alternative already.

I would appreciate if you had a chat support that could help people or chatbot that solve problems.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @therapyayrn. Thanks for reaching out. 

I went ahead and got you added to the list of impacted users. This is still something the team is actively working on a long-term solution for. Once that is released we’ll be sure to post here and send an email!

If you have specific questions regarding your account, definitely feel free to reach out to my friends in support. While only available by email they’re truly the best at what they do and are always happy to help.

Quite often why I try and use YouTube I get a “The app returned "The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.".” error message. Looking at the forums this seems to have been going on for months. Is there any plans to actually fix this? Sometimes YouTube works, sometimes it doens’t.

Does anyone have any idea when this will actually be fixed?

One other thing is that will TikTok ever be added? I think it would be useful to do a if new video by creator or new liked video etc.

Userlevel 1

I literally just logged on to check the progress out!!

Come on Zapier!

The tag line when you log in is “Ready to scale your business?” - I was until the YouTube API went tits up!

After months of planning and getting buy-in from stakeholders, I had just overhauled a major process within our business which was going to take us to new heights; all built on the Zapier YouTube integration It was really helping for about 5 days then the API broke and it’s been silent ever since the main ticket was closed down.

I don’t believe “it’s a priority for us” is legitimate as there is no way a priority would take several months to resolve. People would be getting fired in my business if their ‘priorities’, which thousands of customers depended on, took months!

We want answers and accountability!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks all for your continued patience.

I wanted to come back with another update reassuring you the team is still working diligently to implement a long-term solution. Since last we chatted we are still actively working with YouTube to increase quotas. In an effort to keep usage under these limits and fair for everyone we’re also exploring implementing a per user limit. We anticipate this will only impact a very small portion of users. We’ll continue to communicate with everyone as this evolves though.

All that said, we understand the affect this has had and appreciate everyones ongoing understanding. We’ll be in touch with more updates as they're available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends. A very belated update to advise this bug has officially been closed. 

You can check out the most current update in this topic here:

We’ll continue to monitor this moving forward but in the meantime thank you again for your patience as the team worked to find and implement a long-term solution.