Best answer

Jotform getting “502 Server Error” throttling errors

Userlevel 2

I have multiple Zaps that integrate JotForms with Trello. These were working as expected a week ago. Then, I started getting multiple “502 Server Error” emails, which I have gotten in the past when Trello/JotForm have been down temporarily. However, I’ve been getting them every day for the past 5 days or so, but I didn’t see any failed Zaps. Then, this morning, I received a new error email with this message: “Trigger partner failure: ('Jotform throttling https://zapier.api.jotform.com/form/90435131864152/submissions?orderby=created_at%2CDESC&limit=100', 60)”

I went into the Zaps and it said I needed to reconnect my JotForm account, which I did (no changes have been made to my JotForm account or Zapier account). After I reconnected my account, I went to the next step to make sure it was working properly. However, now I am getting the error below when trying to select a form as a trigger:

Any recommendations for this? Like I said, we have not made any changes to our account as far as I’m aware. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 November 2023, 14:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

110 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there, @User Services

Thanks so much for reaching out about that 502 error you’re running into here. I did some checking and this error looks to be the result of by a recently reported bug with the JotForm app. So I’ve added you to the list of affected users.

I don’t have any workarounds to suggest in the meantime, but we’ve got your contact details logged on the bug report so we’ll email the minute it’s been fixed. Hopefully it’ll be resolved soon! 🤞

Userlevel 1

A huge *** Thank You *** to LifetimeBuildingSupply for sharing the above post!!!

I wanted to share the following instructions in case anybody was not entirely clear regarding LifetimeBuildingSupply’s suggestion about updating the Jotform app in your Zaps.

To update your Zaps to the “new version” of the JotForm app:

1. View Zap.
  2. Edit Zap.
  3. In the Trigger block, expand the App & Event section.
  4. Click the Change button in the app field (see screenshot below).
  5. When the Change Trigger window appears, search and select Jotform.
  6. In the Event field, select “New Submission Instant” (see screenshot below)

After you do this, work your way through the remaining fields in the Trigger & Action Blocks of your Zap.  More than likely, you’ll need to “re-map” some (if not all) of your fields.  (In my case, all of my fields needed to be re-mapped.  It appears that the verbiage in the Jotform fields changed slightly.  For example, my “old” Jotform field said “Fields Parents Email”; the “new” Jotform field says “Answers Parents Email.”  See screenshot below for clarification.)

Now that I’ve made this change to all of my Zaps, I’ll report back if I continue to have any problems!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I did some checking and this error looks to be the result of by a recently reported bug with the JotForm app. So I’ve added you to the list of affected users.

I don’t have any workarounds to suggest in the meantime, but we’ve got your contact details logged on the bug report so we’ll email the minute it’s been fixed. Hopefully it’ll be resolved soon! 🤞

Hey everyone, thanks so much for letting us know - I know it’s frustrating.

As of right now, we’ve been in touch with the Jotform team. They’re aware and looking into this. While we don’t have a timeline for a fix, we’ll absolutely continue to keep ya’ll updated once we know more.

Everyone up until this point has been added to the list and will receive an email once this has been closed. If you’re lurking, no worries. You can be notified at that time by subscribing to this thread, as we’ll share that here too.

As always, we appreciate your patience!

Userlevel 1

Can you at least turn off the notification errors for those of us that are affected? My inbox just today has a flood of alerts, and it’s hindering our team from being able to work efficiently. I’m sure it’s the same for everyone in this thread. 

Userlevel 1

Hey ya’ll - thanks for sharing this! I’m back again for a quick update before we head into the weekend.

Our team is still working with Jotform on a solution. As you noticed, we’re still seeing quite a few errors. 😔 We’ll continue to keep everyone in the loop here and you’ll also receive an email when this is officially closed.

Thanks again for hanging in there with us. We understand the impact this has for everyone and we appreciate everyones ongoing patience!

Jotform replied to my original support request saying they had a new version of the Zapier App which was “instant”. I edited all my zaps to use the new version of the app and so far everything is working without error as fa as I can tell, and it’s in fact a lot faster about transfering the data to my CRM that the old app.

Sorry that you have faced issues with your Zapier integration.

We have released a new Zapier "New Submission" instant trigger. Updating your zaps with this new trigger will eliminate the issues you are facing. 

Perhaps this will help others still having issues?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi all! 

Thank you all for posting here to let us know that these errors are also affecting you.

We're happy to say that you have been added to the list of affected users.

Once it's fixed, we'll let you know by email. We're still determining when a fix will be made, but we'll post any new information here as soon as we have it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, that’s super helpful to know! Thanks so much for sharing this here, @LifetimeBuildingSupply!

Userlevel 1

I turned back on the Zaps that were causing the original issue in this thread (i.e. throttling errors).
I am now receiving these errors instead:

• Trigger partner failure: The app returned "500 Internal Server Error"
  • Trigger partner failure: The app returned "502 Server Error"
Userlevel 1

A huge *** Thank You *** to LifetimeBuildingSupply for sharing the above post!!!

Awesome tutorial on how to update! Exactly what i had to do and so far i have been using the new trigger this week and have not had any more issues. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you, @SamB. I appreciate it!

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue going on. 

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue happening as well.

Userlevel 1

Same problems here

Userlevel 1

I’m dealing with this issue also

Userlevel 1

I’m also dealing with this.

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem between with my Zaps that are setup between Jotform and Google Contacts!  Similar to the OP, I have also been getting 502 server errors for a long time (many weeks) - and then today, the errors changed to “Jotform throttling” errors.  This is very frustrating!

Userlevel 1

Same issue here

Userlevel 1

Same issue here

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi all! 👋

Thank you all for reaching out here to let us know that you’re also being affected by these errors. 

@Justinillig, @Home Equity Partner, @J_stiller, @Jake IV, @therealrobbiep, @natalee, @SHC, @Geoff L and @denispaghetti - happy to confirm that we’ve got all of you added to the list of affected users as well now.

We’ll be in touch by email once it’s been resolved. I don’t have any ETA on when a fix will be implemented but we’ll be sure to share any updates here, as and when we have them. 🙂

Userlevel 1

I am also experiencing this issue and received several email error notifications today:

Trigger partner failure: ('Jotform throttling https://zapier.api.jotform.com/form/…./submissions?orderby=created_at%2CDESC&limit=100', 60)

Userlevel 1

Is there seriously no update yet? This is day 3 I’m unable to edit my zaps, save my zaps, or anything. What is going on?!?! I want reimbursement for some of my service because this is absolutely unacceptable I cannot run a business this way and you will absolutely lose my business if this isn’t resolved today.

Userlevel 1

Can you at least turn off the notification errors for those of us that are affected? My inbox just today has a flood of alerts, and it’s hindering our team from being able to work efficiently. I’m sure it’s the same for everyone in this thread. 

YUP SAME . This is a freaking mess. 

Userlevel 1

we are also experiencing this issue which is affecting all of our onboarding forms intergrations

Userlevel 1

Hi all! 👋

Thank you all for reaching out here to let us know that you’re also being affected by these errors. 

@Justinillig@Home Equity Partner@J_stiller@Jake IV@therealrobbiep@natalee@SHC@Geoff L and @denispaghetti - happy to confirm that we’ve got all of you added to the list of affected users as well now.

We’ll be in touch by email once it’s been resolved. I don’t have any ETA on when a fix will be implemented but we’ll be sure to share any updates here, as and when we have them. 🙂

Add me to the list, for the past months it was just 502 and now it’s the full-blown throttling. 95% of my emails are from this error.

Userlevel 1

Still having issues and now getting this email notification as if its the first time its being noticed… Can we get some sort of an update? This is now three days my entire business onboarding operation is disrupted significantly and it is unacceptable.