Best answer

Jotform getting “502 Server Error” throttling errors

Userlevel 2

I have multiple Zaps that integrate JotForms with Trello. These were working as expected a week ago. Then, I started getting multiple “502 Server Error” emails, which I have gotten in the past when Trello/JotForm have been down temporarily. However, I’ve been getting them every day for the past 5 days or so, but I didn’t see any failed Zaps. Then, this morning, I received a new error email with this message: “Trigger partner failure: ('Jotform throttling https://zapier.api.jotform.com/form/90435131864152/submissions?orderby=created_at%2CDESC&limit=100', 60)”

I went into the Zaps and it said I needed to reconnect my JotForm account, which I did (no changes have been made to my JotForm account or Zapier account). After I reconnected my account, I went to the next step to make sure it was working properly. However, now I am getting the error below when trying to select a form as a trigger:

Any recommendations for this? Like I said, we have not made any changes to our account as far as I’m aware. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 November 2023, 14:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

110 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks,

I have good news - the bug report has now been closed! 😁🎉

If you missed the email notification from us here’s the main details from it:

“We've worked with their team to identify the problem where you were seeing 502 code errors. They've recently written in to let us know that they believe this should be resolved! I hope you can give this a test soon. If you do happen to encounter this issue again (or any other issues!), please let our team know so we can work to resolve it.”

Please do reach back out to the Community here or contact our Support team if you continue to run into these errors. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @FraGuZiBo! 🙂

I’ve just checked on the bug report and we don’t have any updates to share at this time. Sorry to not have better news at the minute. I can’t provide an ETA on when you can expect JotForm’s app developers to implement a fix for this by, but I’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by this issue. This will help to increase it’s priority and allow us to notify you by email the minute it’s resolved.

Please add me to the list. I have the same issues. Are there any updates on this thread?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @clic-et-moi,

I have added you to the bug report of affected members. We will keep you in the loop via email or on this thread when there’s an update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi, it seems that there isn’t any update so far and i’m encountering the same issue. Therefore I would like to be added on the list of users impacted by this issue please !

Thank you for keeping us updated and appreciate your work !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @KlickTipp and @Zach H. I’ve added you both to the report as affected users! 

At the moment it is still open however some users have mentioned success updating to the New Submission instant trigger. We’ll continue to keep the thread updated if hear more.

Thanks again for flagging this here. 🙂

@christina.d 
is this issue still ongoing ?
as long as we are using the new instant app we are good to go right  ?

We are also having this issue. Please add us to the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @bhamkitt - appreciate you letting us know. I’ve added you to this as well.

It might be worth reaching out to them directly to see if they have any recommendations. We definitely still have the open bug report but sometimes it helps to hear directly from their users. 🙂

Please add my email as well. Also, the above solution from SHC does not work if it’s a Sign Document instead of a Form. Just FYI. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks, @Steve Chon - you’ve been added! 

Let us know how the new trigger works for you!

@christina.d - Please add my email/account as one of the accounts affected too.

While we plan on making the changes suggested above (using the Instant Jotform New Submission trigger)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This makes me so happy to hear and really appreciate ya’ll coming back to share this with others! 🎉

While the bug is still open, I did share with the team this appears to be working for a few of you!

Userlevel 1

A huge *** Thank You *** to LifetimeBuildingSupply for sharing the above post!!!

Awesome tutorial on how to update! Exactly what i had to do and so far i have been using the new trigger this week and have not had any more issues. 

Userlevel 1

A huge *** Thank You *** to LifetimeBuildingSupply for sharing the above post!!!

I wanted to share the following instructions in case anybody was not entirely clear regarding LifetimeBuildingSupply’s suggestion about updating the Jotform app in your Zaps.

To update your Zaps to the “new version” of the JotForm app:

1. View Zap.
  2. Edit Zap.
  3. In the Trigger block, expand the App & Event section.
  4. Click the Change button in the app field (see screenshot below).
  5. When the Change Trigger window appears, search and select Jotform.
  6. In the Event field, select “New Submission Instant” (see screenshot below)

After you do this, work your way through the remaining fields in the Trigger & Action Blocks of your Zap.  More than likely, you’ll need to “re-map” some (if not all) of your fields.  (In my case, all of my fields needed to be re-mapped.  It appears that the verbiage in the Jotform fields changed slightly.  For example, my “old” Jotform field said “Fields Parents Email”; the “new” Jotform field says “Answers Parents Email.”  See screenshot below for clarification.)

Now that I’ve made this change to all of my Zaps, I’ll report back if I continue to have any problems!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, that’s super helpful to know! Thanks so much for sharing this here, @LifetimeBuildingSupply!

Userlevel 1

Hey ya’ll - thanks for sharing this! I’m back again for a quick update before we head into the weekend.

Our team is still working with Jotform on a solution. As you noticed, we’re still seeing quite a few errors. 😔 We’ll continue to keep everyone in the loop here and you’ll also receive an email when this is officially closed.

Thanks again for hanging in there with us. We understand the impact this has for everyone and we appreciate everyones ongoing patience!

Jotform replied to my original support request saying they had a new version of the Zapier App which was “instant”. I edited all my zaps to use the new version of the app and so far everything is working without error as fa as I can tell, and it’s in fact a lot faster about transfering the data to my CRM that the old app.

Sorry that you have faced issues with your Zapier integration.

We have released a new Zapier "New Submission" instant trigger. Updating your zaps with this new trigger will eliminate the issues you are facing. 

Perhaps this will help others still having issues?

I have a similar problem with : This auth is expired, Please reconnect here.

If I try with new account it tells me to connect to another jotform account but connecting to a jotform account with Gmail doesn’t seem to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey ya’ll - thanks for sharing this! I’m back again for a quick update before we head into the weekend.

Our team is still working with Jotform on a solution. As you noticed, we’re still seeing quite a few errors. 😔 We’ll continue to keep everyone in the loop here and you’ll also receive an email when this is officially closed.

Thanks again for hanging in there with us. We understand the impact this has for everyone and we appreciate everyones ongoing patience!

On the positive side, I have stopped getting the “throttling” error message. On the negative side, I continue to get this error: Trigger partner failure: The app returned "502 Server Error". Is this error being addressed in your investigation/fix?

Jotform (1.3.2)

Trigger partner failure: The app returned "502 Server Error"

Userlevel 1

I turned back on the Zaps that were causing the original issue in this thread (i.e. throttling errors).
I am now receiving these errors instead:

• Trigger partner failure: The app returned "500 Internal Server Error"
  • Trigger partner failure: The app returned "502 Server Error"
Userlevel 1

I’m still receiving a mix of 502 and 500 errors, although, throttling is less happening now and the number of emails I’m receiving regarding errors is far less now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey all! I wanted to keep ya’ll in the loop that a potential fix was pushed by Jotform a few days ago and we’re currently monitoring. 

Hopefully I’ll be back again soon letting ya’ll know this is officially closed -🤞🏽.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, thanks for letting us know! I’ve got everyone added to that bug report. 

Hello, we’ve been having the same issue as well, please add us to the list. Thank you