Best answer

Facebook Messenger to Zapier integration

Show first post

267 replies

Could you please add me to the list to inform once corrected??

Thanks,

Hi @john712!

The error you’re seeing is actually a bug with the Facebook Messenger app integration. From the error message, we can derive there is an issue with permission or scope setting, which prevents anyone to turn on their Zap when using that trigger.

Reviewing this, I can see that other users have run into this issue as well, so I'm adding your email to the list of affected users, so that if and once this has been resolved, you'll be the first to know.

Sadly, there is no workaround I can provide here, because this is something that needs to be updated in the backend, and while we don't have a timeline on when this will be fixed, we'll be sure to reach out per email once a resolution has been found.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Hello, I also encounter this issue, could you add me to the list?

Same issue. Would like to be notified.

Thanks in advance!

Hi i have the same problem  Please add me to the list as well  THANKS !

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@pandronakos and @yue - I’ve added your upvotes for this feature request. Should it become available, you’ll be contacted directly via email. Thanks!

Same problem! Would be nice to have a solution!

Userlevel 1

I just checked, same issue is still there!

I had a fix for another issue that might be related below but that DID NOT WORK for Zapier.

https://www.facebook.com/PAGENAME/inbox

I had an issue with business inbox not opening up in desktop and the fix below is worked for me 

Do the following:
1. Open page
2. Go on Facebook Business Suite for your page.
3. Click on Settings
4. Click on People
- your name will show as admin
5. Click on "Assign assets and set permissions" - next to your name
6. Enable ALL permissions
7. Click SAVE!

Please add me to the list, we are experiencing the same issue.

Same issue! Please add me to the list to inform as well! 

Thanks,

Hi, please add me to the email too. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Erica511 @Ren and @amit!

You’ve all been added as affected users.

Me too, please add me to the list.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, same problem here 😞

Having trouble connecting wufoo forms to fb messenger.  Please let me know if/when there is fix.  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @GuyMayer, thanks for sharing that fix for the other issue. :)

Sorry that you’re running into the same issue despite the fix that was implemented. Can I ask whether you’ve tried reconnecting since the fix was deployed? 

I ask as we’ve since had some reports of Zaps working again after carrying out the following steps:

1. Reconnect to Facebook Messenger from Zapier here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/facebook-messenger
  2. Make sure you have permissions for the Page where you want to see/add new messages
  3. Then test your Zap’s trigger to see if it goes through without error

Can you please give that a try and let us know if that solves it?

Userlevel 1

Add me to the report as well when this issue gets resolved! Thanks!

Yikes, it’s been 4 months and this is still not resolved? Hm. That’s...concerning, because this seems to be a pretty major bug if the entire Facebook Messenger integration is useless. We’re on a free trial and probably won’t subscribe as a paid user until this is resolved since this is literally the only reason we’re looking at Zapier. Any ETA on a fix? Please add me to the list to be emailed to as well. Thanks.

Have you all ensured that your permissions on the facebook side are all set for zapier? I had this same error message with Facebook posting with a trigger of an Instagram post

Try this and ensure all the appropriate checks are selected for your page/account.

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools&ref=settings and search for or scroll down to Zapier.
  2. Click the "edit" button and look, does Zapier have permissions to see pages? It should look like:
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hola

Tengo el mismo problema

quiero recibir actualización

gracias

Hola, gracias por tu mensaje. Te agregué a la lista de este informe de errores. Recibirá noticias nuestras si tenemos una actualización para compartir. ¡Gracias!

Hi, thank you for your message. I have added you to the list for this bug report. You will hear from us should we have an update to share. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @CottageCelebrations! Connecting Facebook messenger to Zapier can be tricky because there are lots of different permission settings. Could I ask you to please double-check that you’ve run through everything in these guides:

Getting Started with Facebook Messenger

Common problems with Facebook Messenger 

If you’re still having problems connecting to FB Messenger then the best next step is to get in touch with the Support Team using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

If you are specifically seeing the error message:

(#100) Object does not exist, cannot be loaded due to missing permission or reviewable feature, or does not support this operation. This endpoint requires the 'pages_read_engagement' permission or the 'Page Public Content Access' feature or the

Then you can either let the Support Team know or reply here and we’ll add you to the bug report. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@czach21 and @Schizzo I’ve added you to the bug report. Thanks! 

Please add me and send me an update to this email when the problem got fixed

Mod Note: Email removed. We can see that without users providing it ;)

Please notify me as well when this is fixed