Best answer

Post Message to Facebook Group error - "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request"

Userlevel 2

I have had a long running (for years) Zap that recently started throwing errors.

Last Error Free run was: Jun 05, 2021 12:19:59 pm

The errors appear to be coming from Facebook and consist of
 "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request"

The odd thing is that the content is still posted to the group. Unfortunatly Zappier does not know this so after many failures it will disable the Zap and I will have to re-enable it.

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 February 2024, 10:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks 👋

I wanted to swing by here with a quick update on the Facebook Groups app

As a result of the upcoming changes to the Facebook Groups API, the Facebook Groups app on Zapier will be no longer usable from April 22, 2024.

Any zaps using Facebook Groups triggers or actions are expected to stop working on that day. You can learn more about this here: App update: Facebook Groups app removal

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions in the meantime. 🧡

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @mattw@flexbex and @Maupie.

Totally understand the frustration in such a long delay for a fix to be implemented. For context there are a number of different factors that we take into consideration when prioritising bug fixes such as number of folks affected, the severity of the bug and the complexity of the fix. 

Due to the intermittent nature of this particular bug, it’s quite difficult to replicate consistently. And from what’s mentioned here (https://help.smarterqueue.com/article/219-facebook-error-please-reduce-the-amount-of-data-you-re-asking-for-then-retry-your-request) it looks like this may actually be a wider issue on Facebook’s end, rather than a bug with the Facebook Groups app itself. So in all honesty it’s not likely that a fix will be implemented in the immediate future.

I’m so sorry about this and really wish I had better news to share right now. You’ve all been added to the bug report so the moment it is finally resolved we’ll be sure to notify you via email.

For the time being, I'll be closing this thread for additional comments but we'll reopen it once we have any updates. 

Error code: Error while retrieving: The app returned "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request".

Is this really under the attention?
2 years already. I was looking for a good solution for Facebook posts to my Discord, but if this issues is there for 2 years now without any progress, I'm not quite sure if this is the right tool to do this unfortunately.

I have the same issue. 

2 YEARS LATER? What is Zapier doing besides adding people to a list? 

Who is in charge of this stuff? I hope Zapier understands that making people wait this long is as good as good as doing nothing. 

In fact, I think it’s a little less insulting :( 

Userlevel 1

Any update on this?  
I just added the connection, first time setting up a FB zap.

I added the app to the FB group too. But now I get this message, that seems to have been going on for a couple of years.  

Is there any hope? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ek0002 and @Appmktmedia. 👋

I’m so sorry that you’re also getting these errors. I’ve added you both to the list of folks being impacted by this so you’ll definitely get an email the moment it’s been sorted.

Thank you all for your ongoing patience in the meantime, it’s much appreciated. 🙂

I am also experiencing this. Please add me to your notifications for the fix.

Sorry for the late response here, @hihi789@ishields@Backtato and @Brandyc!

I’ve checked on the bug report and this issue appears to be still ongoing. I can’t give any kind of ETA as to when it will be resolved by but you’ve all been added to the list of affected users so you can expect an email notification from us as soon as it’s been fixed. 

Hi @SamB, could I be added to the list of affected users to receive an email notification once this is resolved as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry for the late response here, @hihi789, @ishields, @Backtato and @Brandyc!

I’ve checked on the bug report and this issue appears to be still ongoing. I can’t give any kind of ETA as to when it will be resolved by but you’ve all been added to the list of affected users so you can expect an email notification from us as soon as it’s been fixed. 

Yes, mine just started having this problem am I am literally only using two data points in my zap. 

I have had a long running (for years) Zap that recently started throwing errors.

Last Error Free run was: Jun 05, 2021 12:19:59 pm

The errors appear to be coming from Facebook and consist of
 "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request"

The odd thing is that the content is still posted to the group. Unfortunatly Zappier does not know this so after many failures it will disable the Zap and I will have to re-enable it.

I also have this problem, please inform me also.

I am experiencing this issue as well

I meet this message. Please help me resolve

Failed to create a post message in Facebook Groups

The app returned "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request".

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Jackmeat 

With pleasure, so I’ve you to the list of affected users as well, and we’ll notify you via email once there’s any update. Thank you!

Hi @Roma 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Could you add me to that list as well? I see this as well along with the others. The operation failed with an error. Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request (1, )

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Roma 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Hi @GoWithLess 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user. We’ll make sure to contact you via email once any update is available. Thanks!

Hi could you please add me to the list too, we have the same issue. Is there some kind of fix or workaround for this? Please help thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @GoWithLess 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user. We’ll make sure to contact you via email once any update is available. Thanks!

Hi - could you add me to the list? I receive the ‘failed’ message. The text is posted and the image is not posted

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Erin Kinney 

We are really sorry for the inconvenience, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll make sure to contact you via email once any update is available. Thanks!

2 years and still no solve?! 😡 I’m paying  for this service and 2 years seems ridiculous for a known error.
Please add me to the affected users list.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @brunoj 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll make sure to contact you via email once any update is available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Is this issue resolved? Or do you have any workaround? It’s important to me to get this working and I also did encounter this issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

For sure @alexbranning, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll make sure to contact you via email once any update is available. Thanks!

Hi @Thomas Vermeule @WSI Comandix 

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. We will also update this thread if there are any changes. Thanks!

I am having this issue too. Can you please add me to the list?