Best answer

Post Message to Facebook Group error - "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request"

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

34 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Thomas Vermeule @WSI Comandix 

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. We will also update this thread if there are any changes. Thanks!

We are having the same issue as of (2) days ago.  We have contacted support but they have only sent over a link to the Help Article which doesn’t help at all as we only recently got this error.

PLEASE HELP ASAP as our zaps get over 700 leads a day that need to pass through.

Hi @jammer.solijon,

I got the same issue with my zap. I want to post a photo and a text once a week on a facebook group, and this zap doesn’t work. I had the same issue : 

Failed to create a post photo in Facebook Groups

The app returned "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request"

The post has been published but without the photo attached to it.

Could you help me with that or let me know when there will be an update for this ?

Thanks,

Best.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Twin Cities Geek and @suleybard,

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify all of you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Hi there @MarinaH, can you please add me to the users to be notified too? I also encounter the "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request" error when trying to make a zap that posts to Facebook groups. 

me too, please.

Hi there @MarinaH, can you please add me to the users to be notified too? I also encounter the "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request" error when trying to make a zap that posts to Facebook groups. 

Userlevel 2

I guess I have hit some sort of threshold for failed runs.

My Zap is now disabled after a single failed event (even though it posts successfully, its just the return message erroring)

Userlevel 2

Awesome, thanks for the update, at least I know its not me or anything I have done ;)

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Harroguk

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue! This is an open bug for the Facebook Groups integration and I've added your email as an affected user to the issue. As soon as we have any update, we’ll reach out by email to let you know 👍