Best answer

Post Message to Facebook Group error - "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request"

Userlevel 2

I have had a long running (for years) Zap that recently started throwing errors.

Last Error Free run was: Jun 05, 2021 12:19:59 pm

The errors appear to be coming from Facebook and consist of
 "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request"

The odd thing is that the content is still posted to the group. Unfortunatly Zappier does not know this so after many failures it will disable the Zap and I will have to re-enable it.

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 February 2024, 10:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

34 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Harroguk

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue! This is an open bug for the Facebook Groups integration and I've added your email as an affected user to the issue. As soon as we have any update, we’ll reach out by email to let you know 👍

Userlevel 2

Awesome, thanks for the update, at least I know its not me or anything I have done ;)

Userlevel 2

I guess I have hit some sort of threshold for failed runs.

My Zap is now disabled after a single failed event (even though it posts successfully, its just the return message erroring)

Hi there @MarinaH, can you please add me to the users to be notified too? I also encounter the "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request" error when trying to make a zap that posts to Facebook groups. 

Hi there @MarinaH, can you please add me to the users to be notified too? I also encounter the "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request" error when trying to make a zap that posts to Facebook groups. 

me too, please.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Twin Cities Geek and @suleybard,

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify all of you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Hi @jammer.solijon,

I got the same issue with my zap. I want to post a photo and a text once a week on a facebook group, and this zap doesn’t work. I had the same issue : 

Failed to create a post photo in Facebook Groups

The app returned "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request"

The post has been published but without the photo attached to it.

Could you help me with that or let me know when there will be an update for this ?

Thanks,

Best.

We are having the same issue as of (2) days ago.  We have contacted support but they have only sent over a link to the Help Article which doesn’t help at all as we only recently got this error.

PLEASE HELP ASAP as our zaps get over 700 leads a day that need to pass through.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Thomas Vermeule @WSI Comandix 

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. We will also update this thread if there are any changes. Thanks!

Hi @Thomas Vermeule @WSI Comandix 

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. We will also update this thread if there are any changes. Thanks!

I am having this issue too. Can you please add me to the list? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

For sure @alexbranning, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll make sure to contact you via email once any update is available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Is this issue resolved? Or do you have any workaround? It’s important to me to get this working and I also did encounter this issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @brunoj 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll make sure to contact you via email once any update is available. Thanks!

2 years and still no solve?! 😡 I’m paying  for this service and 2 years seems ridiculous for a known error.
Please add me to the affected users list.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Erin Kinney 

We are really sorry for the inconvenience, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll make sure to contact you via email once any update is available. Thanks!

Hi - could you add me to the list? I receive the ‘failed’ message. The text is posted and the image is not posted

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @GoWithLess 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user. We’ll make sure to contact you via email once any update is available. Thanks!

Hi @GoWithLess 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user. We’ll make sure to contact you via email once any update is available. Thanks!

Hi could you please add me to the list too, we have the same issue. Is there some kind of fix or workaround for this? Please help thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Roma 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Hi @Roma 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Could you add me to that list as well? I see this as well along with the others. The operation failed with an error. Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request (1, )

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Jackmeat 

With pleasure, so I’ve you to the list of affected users as well, and we’ll notify you via email once there’s any update. Thank you!

I meet this message. Please help me resolve

Failed to create a post message in Facebook Groups

The app returned "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request".

I am experiencing this issue as well

I have had a long running (for years) Zap that recently started throwing errors.

Last Error Free run was: Jun 05, 2021 12:19:59 pm

The errors appear to be coming from Facebook and consist of
 "Please reduce the amount of data you're asking for, then retry your request"

The odd thing is that the content is still posted to the group. Unfortunatly Zappier does not know this so after many failures it will disable the Zap and I will have to re-enable it.

I also have this problem, please inform me also.

Yes, mine just started having this problem am I am literally only using two data points in my zap.