Best answer

Google Forms Error Quota Exceeded "Expensive Reads"

Userlevel 1

Hi,

New user here. Im trying to create a Zap where when someone fills out a Google Form, it creates a task for me on Google Tasks. But I get this error message:
Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Expensive Reads' and limit 'Expensive Reads per minute' of service 'forms.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:927538837578'.

Any idea on how I can solve this or even what this means?

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 September 2023, 15:52

View original

102 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Thomas Vermeule, @tibor.martini, @Oase Creative, @mistyr35t, @CSUMB Admissions Processing, @wanderingwoods, @Chris at Food Forward, @SegunRealtor, @Steve Chon and @EliteAssistanceLLC!

Really sorry about the delay in our response here. Happy to confirm that you’re all added to the list of affected users. 

In the meantime, there’s been a workaround suggested by Support that has had success for some folks which you may want to try: 

Essentially the workaround is to switch to a different type of trigger. The Google Forms New Form Submission is a Hybrid Trigger and Google Sheets New Spreadsheet Row (non Team-Drive) is a Hybrid Trigger. But the Google Sheets New Spreadsheet Row (Team Drive) is a Polling Trigger so that’s what you’ll want to try instead by following the workaround outlined below.

Potential workaround:

1. Copy the current Zap that’s affected
  2. In the Copy - use the Google Sheets New Spreadsheet Row (Team Drive) trigger.
  3. Turn the Copied Zap ON and the original Zap OFF.

That will leave you with 2 Zaps each using different Trigger types. The New Zap will use a Google Sheets Polling Trigger. The Original Zap will use the Google Forms Hybrid Trigger.

You would only want one Zap on at a time. For now, leave the Google Sheets Team Drive trigger Zap ON.

When we notify you that the issue with the Google Forms Trigger has been resolved - then you could turn the original Zap back ON if you prefer.”

Hopefully that workaround will help in the meantime! 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Red Marker I’ve got you down as an affected user. 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @sdt,

I have added your email address as another affected member to the open bug report. We will let you know via email if there’s an update regarding the bug.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! Went back and did some digging and it looks like a bug was recently opened for this error. I’ve added you both as impacted users and we’ll email you once a fix is in place. We’ll also be sure to keep the thread updated as well. 

Thanks for flagging this in community!

I am also getting this error. A couple of email notifications per day. There is no error showing in the Zap History. Please add me to the affected users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @James Gower,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I have added you to the open bug report as another affected user.

Thanks! 😊

Same! @christina.d , any eta for this? Please add us to the list of affected users. It’s been working for about a year and now getting multiple daily error alerts. 

Thank you!

Google Forms

Trigger partner failure: Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Expensive Reads' and limit 'Expensive Reads per minute' of service 'forms.googleapis.com'

Got bombarded with this error over the weekend. Could I also please be added?

Hi, can we please be added as an affected user as well? Similar to the others, our zap has been working fine for months and this weekend we started receiving this message. Would like to be able to determine if this is indeed a bug or if we need to do anything. Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

We’ve been having this issue regularly since March. See screenshot below of our notifications in gmail about our zap that creates an Asana task out of form responses.

All these notifications are about the same error from Google -- exceeding error quota. This zap used to work back in the Fall.

This issue has stopped our zap from working entirely and no Asana tasks are being created.

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

We’ve been having this issue regularly since March. See screenshot below of our notifications in gmail about our zap that creates an Asana task out of form responses.

All these notifications are about the same error from Google -- exceeding error quota. This zap used to work back in the Fall.

This issue has stopped our zap from working entirely and no Asana tasks are being created.

Quick followup on this:

The strange thing about these notifications is that when I check our Zap history for this Zap, it shows no runs since February (which makes sense because we are not currently accepting scholarship applications) -- so I’m not even sure where these error notifications are coming from.

Also seing this now on the second account I am using. Well, looks like the exact same issue was going on a year ago and has to do with Zapier's overall allowance = rate limit against Google services  (

). Hope they are getting a rate limit increase. if this is unreliable and uncontrollable in this manner I may be better off just using Google Apps Scripts to react on Google Form submissions, and not use Zapier at all . Hope it gets fixed as soon as they are in business hours... 

Hello! I have also received emails for this error. I have checked and my Zaps appear to be fine with no errors showing? Can you also add me onto the list of people…. Thank you :)

Woke up to this same error on a Zap that’s been firing perfectly fine for over a year… 

Please add me to the list of impacted users. 

@christina.d. I saw one of your responses suggesting that the next time the zap runs, it should catch the ‘missed’ info. 

Can you confirm if that’s something I’ve understood correctly?

Thanks 
Chris

Hello!

We are also affected in several zaps since last weekend. Please add me to affected users. Thank you in advance.

Is this bug still ongoing? We also receive this error for our zap that is linked to our Google Forms. 

Any news? I’m receiving the same error.

Hi @SamB, we’re also experiencing this problem. Please add us to the list of affected users. Thank you.

Hi there,

Only just started receiving this error from May 27th, please advise 

Hello Zapier community, I am also getting the same error in Google Forms since last week, as of today continues.

Trigger partner failure: Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Expensive Reads' and limit 'Expensive Reads per minute' of service 'forms.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:xxxxxxxxxx'.

@SamB  could you add me to the affected list?

Thank you very much

Hi!

We’re seeing this same error - can you please add me to the list of folks affected and notify when it’s been fixed up?

Thanks so much!

Hi I also received this error for all of my Google Form zaps this weekend, so can you add me to the list of impacted users? It looks like every Zap is still running properly, which is a relief.

I also started receiving the error yesterda, on May 28.

Please could you add me to the list of affected users.

same issue for me - seems similar to an issue Zapier got last year and their own Google API quotas