Best answer

Google Forms Error Quota Exceeded "Expensive Reads"

Userlevel 1

Hi,

New user here. Im trying to create a Zap where when someone fills out a Google Form, it creates a task for me on Google Tasks. But I get this error message:
Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Expensive Reads' and limit 'Expensive Reads per minute' of service 'forms.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:927538837578'.

Any idea on how I can solve this or even what this means?

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 September 2023, 15:52

View original

102 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Cmueses - thanks for reaching out in community and great question!

Hmm, has this been an ongoing error you’re experiencing or was it a one-time occurence and then subsequent zap runs processed successfully?

The reason I ask is sometimes we will get errors like this when looking for new records that aren't an actual error with a specific task.
In this case the error you are seeing in that message is because we sent a request to check Google Forms for new items, and there was an error in response.

The good news here is that the next time we successfully poll Google Forms, we'll see all new records since the last successful poll, which it sounds like may have happened here. So unless this issue becomes more common this shouldn't present a direct issue for your Zap. All that said, this is usually temporary however if you do continue to run into this, while we don't have access to the Google side of things to see what's causing these limits to be reached, we can see if there is anything on the Zapier side that could be causing this (for example - lots of Zaps all with the same trigger looking at this form could potentially cause this).

I hope this helps and keep us posted if this becomes an ongoing issue. 🙂

we just started getting this error as well - no idea what it pertains to

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends! Went back and did some digging and it looks like a bug was recently opened for this error. I’ve added you both as impacted users and we’ll email you once a fix is in place. We’ll also be sure to keep the thread updated as well. 

Thanks for flagging this in community!

Hey friends! Went back and did some digging and it looks like a bug was recently opened for this error. I’ve added you both as impacted users and we’ll email you once a fix is in place. We’ll also be sure to keep the thread updated as well. 

Thanks for flagging this in community!

Hi Christina--I also received this error today. Would you please email me as well when more info is known about this bug? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @sdt,

I have added your email address as another affected member to the open bug report. We will let you know via email if there’s an update regarding the bug.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1

I’m also getting this bug, seems to happen almost a random for zaps that are working most of the time

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @James Gower,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I have added you to the open bug report as another affected user.

Thanks! 😊

We are also experiencing this error. Please add us to the bug report. Thank you! @ken.a 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Red Marker I’ve got you down as an affected user. 😃

We are now also getting this error.  One daily for the last 5 days. @chanelle 

*raises hand* Me too, me too!   Have received this twice in the past week.

Trigger partner failure: Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Expensive Reads' and limit 'Expensive Reads per minute' of service 'forms.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number: xxxxxxxxx”

Thank you for your attention on this!

@christina.d Please add me to the affected user list as well. 

I’m having this same error too! Can you please subscribe me so I can get notified when its fixed.

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

We’ve been having this issue regularly since March. See screenshot below of our notifications in gmail about our zap that creates an Asana task out of form responses.

All these notifications are about the same error from Google -- exceeding error quota. This zap used to work back in the Fall.

This issue has stopped our zap from working entirely and no Asana tasks are being created.

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

We’ve been having this issue regularly since March. See screenshot below of our notifications in gmail about our zap that creates an Asana task out of form responses.

All these notifications are about the same error from Google -- exceeding error quota. This zap used to work back in the Fall.

This issue has stopped our zap from working entirely and no Asana tasks are being created.

Quick followup on this:

The strange thing about these notifications is that when I check our Zap history for this Zap, it shows no runs since February (which makes sense because we are not currently accepting scholarship applications) -- so I’m not even sure where these error notifications are coming from.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @kristymonahan, @phanak, @OmerT, @ChrisTT and @Flow Movement! 👋

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re all running into that “Quota exceeded...” error too. I’ve added you all to the list of affected users so we can notify you the moment a fix is implemented. I can’t give any ETAs on when that will be but we’ll be sure to share any news or workarounds here in the meantime.

@Flow Movement - For errors like this there wouldn’t be any errored Zap runs in the Zap History since the error prevents the Zap from running. So for cases where the Zap isn’t able to trigger, alerts would be sent via email (depending on the Error notifications settings that have been selected). 

Thank you all for your patience while this issue is being worked on, I know how disruptive this must be to your workflows. Fingers crossed they’ll be able to get a fix implemented soon! 🤞

I'm experiencing the same error! Help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Dyachison!

I'm really sorry you're experiencing that error as well. I’ve added you to the list of affected users so you will get an email notification once it’s been sorted out. There still aren’t any workarounds reported for this but as soon as we come across any we’ll be sure to share them with y’all here! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am also seeing that error - please include me on the update 

Have experienced this too recently. Kindly include me on the update too

Two of our Zaps have also run into this issue this morning so please include me on the update, too! 

Add me to the update list as well, please! Thanks!

All our zaps integrated with Google Forms are giving this error.

Add me to the update list as well, please! Thanks!

@christina.d, please add us to the list of effected users as well. Thank you.

I also just received this error for a zap that’s been working fine for months.