Best answer

Google Forms Error Quota Exceeded "Expensive Reads"

Show first post

102 replies

We’re experiencing the same with our account as well. Please could you assist?

as for me I have not change anything and it seems ok for 4 days now 

Same issue here. Please add us to the list of affected accounts too.

Hey friends! Went back and did some digging and it looks like a bug was recently opened for this error. I’ve added you both as impacted users and we’ll email you once a fix is in place. We’ll also be sure to keep the thread updated as well. 

Thanks for flagging this in community!

Hi Christina--I also received this error today. Would you please email me as well when more info is known about this bug? 

Add me to the update list as well, please! Thanks!

Please add me to the list of affected users.  

Add us to the update list as well, we have a client with the same issues since 27 may and it’s missing out subscriptions to events.

I’m receiving this error as well:

Trigger partner failure: Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Expensive Reads' and limit 'Expensive Reads per minute' of service 'forms.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:927538837578'.

I'm experiencing the same error! Help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have good news, friends! 👋

The bug report relating to these “Quota Exceeded” errors has recently been closed. The Google Forms API quota limits have been increased which should help to prevent these errors from occurring again in the near future.

If however you find that you’re still running into these error please do let us know in the Community. Or alternatively reach out to our helpful Support team who will be happy to investigate further. 

In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Cmueses - thanks for reaching out in community and great question!

Hmm, has this been an ongoing error you’re experiencing or was it a one-time occurence and then subsequent zap runs processed successfully?

The reason I ask is sometimes we will get errors like this when looking for new records that aren't an actual error with a specific task.
In this case the error you are seeing in that message is because we sent a request to check Google Forms for new items, and there was an error in response.

The good news here is that the next time we successfully poll Google Forms, we'll see all new records since the last successful poll, which it sounds like may have happened here. So unless this issue becomes more common this shouldn't present a direct issue for your Zap. All that said, this is usually temporary however if you do continue to run into this, while we don't have access to the Google side of things to see what's causing these limits to be reached, we can see if there is anything on the Zapier side that could be causing this (for example - lots of Zaps all with the same trigger looking at this form could potentially cause this).

I hope this helps and keep us posted if this becomes an ongoing issue. 🙂

Hey friends! Went back and did some digging and it looks like a bug was recently opened for this error. I’ve added you both as impacted users and we’ll email you once a fix is in place. We’ll also be sure to keep the thread updated as well. 

Thanks for flagging this in community!

Would you be able to add my email into the effected user please? I am now having this same issue, word for word on zaps that have been working fine for awhile and others that were created recently!

@christina.d @SamB @chanelle @ken.a 

Same issue since May 27th. Please include me into the update list. Thanks!

We are now also getting this error.  One daily for the last 5 days. @chanelle 

Google Forms
Trigger partner failure: Quota exceeded for quota metric 'Expensive Reads' and limit 'Expensive Reads per minute' of service 'forms.googleapis.com' for consumer 'project_number:927538837578'.

Please add me to the update list

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @kristymonahan, @phanak, @OmerT, @ChrisTT and @Flow Movement! 👋

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re all running into that “Quota exceeded...” error too. I’ve added you all to the list of affected users so we can notify you the moment a fix is implemented. I can’t give any ETAs on when that will be but we’ll be sure to share any news or workarounds here in the meantime.

@Flow Movement - For errors like this there wouldn’t be any errored Zap runs in the Zap History since the error prevents the Zap from running. So for cases where the Zap isn’t able to trigger, alerts would be sent via email (depending on the Error notifications settings that have been selected). 

Thank you all for your patience while this issue is being worked on, I know how disruptive this must be to your workflows. Fingers crossed they’ll be able to get a fix implemented soon! 🤞

Hello,

I am also experiencing this issue. I received an email with the same error on May 27th, May 28th and May 29th for both Zaps I have that are using google form.

Hello,

We also have this same issue on our side :

Please, add us to the list as well.

Best.

We have the same problem with one of our Zaps since last week

@christina.d Also have this issue since this morning.. :(

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am also seeing that error - please include me on the update 

We’re receiving the same error - please add us to the impacted user list as well.

Have experienced this too recently. Kindly include me on the update too

Two of our Zaps have also run into this issue this morning so please include me on the update, too! 

Add me to the update list as well, please! Thanks!