Best answer

Shared mailbox / outlook

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

our company mostly uses shared mailboxes in Microsoft 365.

How can I connect them?
If I enter my personal login, I should have a choice of mailboxes.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 01:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

59 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kevin770! We don’t have a solution for this right now, I’m sorry about that. 

We do have a feature request open to support shared accounts. I've added your email address as another vote for this addition - we use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

Userlevel 1

There appears to be a work around that should work for most people here. Just go to admin.microsoft.com > Users > Active Users > select the Shared Mailbox > Reset password. Now in another browser or a new ingognito window go to outlook.office.com and login to your shared mailbox with the password you just set.

In another tab, log in to Zapier and go to the Outlook integration and add another connection. It should automatically authorise against the Shared Mailbox account that you’re signed into. Boom! 

Hope that helps. :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

I was looking for the same thing. I added a Zapier Parser email address to the mailbox in question (bunch of ways to do this). That allows me to get the raw email into Zapier, triggered by its arrival. 

Might be helpful?

Userlevel 1

Hey all! I wanted to pop in and share the good news that support for shared O365 mailboxes has been implemented! 🎉 

It’s possible you may be presented with an error message initially but re-authenticating should fix this up.

Thanks for your patience on this one! 

Hi @christina.d ! How? I just tried to add a connection but it does allow me to select which Shared Mailbox I want to add? Is there a “How To” somewhere?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @m k ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you share more about your workflow and any additional apps you’re using?

Once we have a better idea of what flow you’re looking to achieve we can go from there!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey all! I wanted to pop in and share the good news that support for shared O365 mailboxes has been implemented! 🎉 

It’s possible you may be presented with an error message initially but re-authenticating should fix this up.

Thanks for your patience on this one! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No news on this at present, @Esra. I’ve added your vote to the feature request and we’ll be in touch by email once that’s been implemented. 

In the meantime, the workaround shared by EVOK3D here previously may be worth giving a try! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Justin Berneburg and @beedee101

Happy to confirm that we’ve added your votes to that feature request too. :)

Userlevel 1

Please add me to this request

Userlevel 1

Looking for integration with Office 365 shared inboxes too.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just to add to this @chriswright ‘s solution is definitely viable, as I’ve set this up a few times using Zapier Parser: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-zapier-email-parser

Userlevel 1

Hi @kevin770! We don’t have a solution for this right now, I’m sorry about that. 

We do have a feature request open to support shared accounts. I've added your email address as another vote for this addition - we use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

I am interested on this feature too.
Can you add me to this request? 

Userlevel 1

Add me to the list!

Userlevel 1

Where can I find the feature request for this? I would like to upvote this. It’s pretty major since most businesses use a shared mailbox due to cost reasons. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks @jroyster, I’ve added you to that feature request :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Hey m k!

I was having a similar issue while trying to send a message upon form submission using Zapier. I found a solution for myself on Office 365’s end, not sure if it will work for you though.

The shared inbox that I have setup as a catch-all for our company email actually appears as a Office 365 user with no license assigned. From my user management, I am actually able to create a password for that “account” so that it can be logged into. From there, I was able to add another 365 account to Zapier and just login using the credentials for the Shared account.

Let me know if this helps, or feel free to shoot me an email at [removed] and I can see if I can help you further. Thanks!

This post was edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please be careful not to share private information as this is a public Community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Add me to the list!

Added!

Can I also be added to the request list?

Any news on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@kevin770 

Sorry we missed this! Did you get things sorted out, or do you still need help?

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu thx. No, still struggling with that. Would be awesome to have a solution :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Tomaso!

I’ve added you to the feature request list :)

Also need to upvote this from me.  Disappointing that this isn’t an option.  Looking for a strong work-a-round now.

Please, add me as well

Hello @Danvers and @Liz_Roberts 

Thanks again, please add my vote/request for feature to support Outlook shared mailbox.

Regards

~bernard.