Best answer

Shared mailbox / outlook

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

our company mostly uses shared mailboxes in Microsoft 365.

How can I connect them?
If I enter my personal login, I should have a choice of mailboxes.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 01:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

59 replies

Hey all! I wanted to pop in and share the good news that support for shared O365 mailboxes has been implemented! 🎉 

It’s possible you may be presented with an error message initially but re-authenticating should fix this up.

Thanks for your patience on this one! 

Will the calendar of the Shared Inbox become available, too, @christina.d? Seems like I can only access my personal calendar in “Set up trigger” (at least when I chose “Calendar Event Start” in “Choose app & event”) :(

Anyhow, I seem to only get the data of emails I send, not mails I receive there.

I tested thoroughly… Also I see test-data repeating if I “Load more” (the shared inbox is quite fresh). @christina.d: Shall I write support or would you prefer to debug here (Zap 163849389)?

These issues seem resolved a day later. Magic :)

Hey all! I wanted to pop in and share the good news that support for shared O365 mailboxes has been implemented! 🎉 

It’s possible you may be presented with an error message initially but re-authenticating should fix this up.

This is awesome!

I can access the shared inbox (without having it’s password or using Email Parser).

@JamesJapp@BBrown: If you set up the trigger in your Zap, choose your regular Outlook-account (which has access to the shared inbox). In the following “Set up trigger”, you can enter the email-address of the shared inbox. Then test. In my case, I had to reconnect the Outlook app with my regular Outlook-account (as an error message advised me and @christina.d mentioned) for the test to work. Fingers crossed it works for you!

Anyhow, I seem to only get the data of emails I send, not mails I receive there.

I tested thoroughly… Also I see test-data repeating if I “Load more” (the shared inbox is quite fresh). @christina.d: Shall I write support or would you prefer to debug here (Zap 163849389)?

Also interested in a How-To if available. I tried to set this up today and receive:

“Unable to send an email: The mailbox is either inactive, soft-deleted, or is hosted on-premise.”

TIA!

Userlevel 1

Hi @christina.d ! How? I just tried to add a connection but it does allow me to select which Shared Mailbox I want to add? Is there a “How To” somewhere?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Moritz 

Welcome to the community! I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll send you an email once an update is available. Thanks!

I also need that feature, please add me to the request as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JamesJapp

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to connect your shared O365 email address using the workaround, great job! 🙌🏻 

Userlevel 1

There appears to be a work around that should work for most people here. Just go to admin.microsoft.com > Users > Active Users > select the Shared Mailbox > Reset password. Now in another browser or a new ingognito window go to outlook.office.com and login to your shared mailbox with the password you just set.

In another tab, log in to Zapier and go to the Outlook integration and add another connection. It should automatically authorise against the Shared Mailbox account that you’re signed into. Boom! 

Hope that helps. :)

We would like a zap so we can send an email from a “Teams & Groups”. Would this workaround work for that? I am unable to select another account other than my personal O365 account when trying to add it to Zapier.

Update: I created a new “shared email” because I couldn’t get our contact@ teams email account to work. I did however manage to get the new shared email address added as a O365 account and can now use it in our Zap! So, it looks like this workaround worked (have not sent a test email yet)

No news on this at present, @Esra. I’ve added your vote to the feature request and we’ll be in touch by email once that’s been implemented. 

In the meantime, the workaround shared by EVOK3D here previously may be worth giving a try! :)

Thank you! :) 

The solution of @EVOK3D worked well! Thanks for sharing:relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No news on this at present, @Esra. I’ve added your vote to the feature request and we’ll be in touch by email once that’s been implemented. 

In the meantime, the workaround shared by EVOK3D here previously may be worth giving a try! :)

Any news on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s fantastic news! Thanks so much for sharing the workaround you discovered, @EVOK3D! :)

Userlevel 1

There appears to be a work around that should work for most people here. Just go to admin.microsoft.com > Users > Active Users > select the Shared Mailbox > Reset password. Now in another browser or a new ingognito window go to outlook.office.com and login to your shared mailbox with the password you just set.

In another tab, log in to Zapier and go to the Outlook integration and add another connection. It should automatically authorise against the Shared Mailbox account that you’re signed into. Boom! 

Hope that helps. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @NicolaContin!

I’ve added your vote for the feature request as well. We’ll be in touch by email with any updates. :)

Hey @Justin Berneburg and @beedee101

Happy to confirm that we’ve added your votes to that feature request too. :)

Please, add me as well

Please, add me as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Justin Berneburg and @beedee101

Happy to confirm that we’ve added your votes to that feature request too. :)

Hello @Danvers and @Liz_Roberts 

Thanks again, please add my vote/request for feature to support Outlook shared mailbox.

Regards

~bernard.

Please add me to the list too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Tomaso!

I’ve added you to the feature request list :)

Please, add me as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for your message @MMD MELISSA, I’ve added you to the feature request 🙂

Please add me to the upvote for this it’s so frustrating not to be able to achieve this. We use shared inboxes across the entire business and this would be such a simple zap for us if only we could use it