Best answer

Trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier, getting an "Error parsing response" error

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

163 replies

Please include me in this list.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@Jen I’ve gone in and added you to the list of affected users. You’ll get a notification as soon as the issue is resolved.

Please include me in this list.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

@vancouverrealestate You’ve been added to the report. You’ll be notified directly once we have a solution. We appreciate your patience!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

We’ve made some progress this week and are still working to resolve the issue.

As some have noticed, we’ve started to show more detailed error messages to distinguish what turns out to be a few different issues. 

More updates to come! Meanwhile, we appreciate your continued patience while we work through this.

Best regards,

Lars 

Userlevel 2

Hi all,

Our apologies for the delay in taking care of this long-standing issue. 

I’ve just spoken with the team and we’ll have our engineers look into it in the next 1-2 weeks and provide an update here with either a fix or further details.

Thank you for the detailed input and showing how much this matters to you!

~ Lars, product manager on our integrations team

Hi all,

Following up to let you know that we’ve been digging into the issue and it’s not a quick fix so it’s going to require further investigation.

For now, we’re adding logging so we can get more details about how and why this issue is occurring. With that we will be able to diagnose and hopefully come up with a resolution.

We don’t have an estimate for when it will be fixed yet, but we’ll let you know our progress again in 1-2 weeks at most.

Again, apologies to those affected and we’ll get it resolved ASAP.

Best regards,

~ Lars

Thank you for the update and for keeping us in the loop @Lars. Looking forward to hearing more about a resolution to get the plugin working again with Wordpress.

Thnx

This plugin seems to be very poorly done and does not seem to be updated at all.  I am also having the exact same error as everyone else in this thread and it seems that the issue has been ongoing for many months.

HI - I am also having the same error.  Please add me as an affected user. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@SteveFree I wanted to thank you for the post you wrote, especially the part about changing permalinks. You’re correct that offering that as a solution without mentioning the risks/considerations was not the best choice on my part.

I’ve added a note to that reply including a link to an article explaining permalinks and how to change them without breaking one’s website. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

I’ve just spoken with the team and we’ll have our engineers look into it in the next 1-2 weeks and provide an update here with either a fix or further details.

Hi all,

Following up to let you know that we’ve been digging into the issue and it’s not a quick fix so it’s going to require further investigation.

For now, we’re adding logging so we can get more details about how and why this issue is occurring. With that we will be able to diagnose and hopefully come up with a resolution.

We don’t have an estimate for when it will be fixed yet, but we’ll let you know our progress again in 1-2 weeks at most.

Again, apologies to those affected and we’ll get it resolved ASAP.

Best regards,

~ Lars

Userlevel 1

Like many of the users, I’m also running into the same issue. After reading through this thread -- I have a few comments.

….The above facts lead me to believe the following: 

A - Zapier is having serious issues inside its business. (Financial, Engineering, Leadership, etc...)

B - The Zapier WordPress plugin has been abandoned.

C - Zapier customers should find a different product to meet their WordPress Automation/Integration needs.

All in all, very disappointing. 

Agreed. How quickly would this be resolved if this was an issue Zapier themselves were actually having?

I was working perfectly, and support has been super in the past. It’s all slightly confusing really.

Zap Error​​

I too got the same error. Can you please share me the solution for this.

Thanks,

Vijay

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

Userlevel 2

Like many of the users, I’m also running into the same issue. After reading through this thread -- I have a few comments.

1 - Given that WordPress powers almost 40% of all Websites, logic would tell me that Zapier would make it a priority to take all steps necessary to fully integrated with the latest versions of WordPress and keep its official plugin fully updated and supported.

2 - This issue is over 8 months old. It’s obvious there is a serious problem with the Zapier Plugin.

3 - The official WordPress Zapier plugin has not been updated in over 7 months.

4 - Users are having many issues getting the Official plugin to work. So many, in fact, the plugin has a 2 star ranking on Wordpress.com. Despite users reporting issue after issue, there is Zero response from Zapier.

5 - Support that is being offered is abysmal. Advising us to “change our permalink structure” is… a terrible idea. It will instantly break all URLs and make Google very unhappy. Most of us know this but, for new users, it could really screw up their websites.

6 - Providing updates using words the words “likely,” “hopefully,” and “backlog” does not inspire confidence. Actually, it does the opposite. What I read is, we’ve known about this issue for 8 months and have no solid plans on how or when we will help our customers.

The above facts lead me to believe the following: 

A - Zapier is having serious issues inside its business. (Financial, Engineering, Leadership, etc...)

B - The Zapier WordPress plugin has been abandoned.

C - Zapier customers should find a different product to meet their WordPress Automation/Integration needs.

All in all, very disappointing. 

Userlevel 1

@clickclickclick @clickclickclick (not sure why there are two users with the exact same name but I’m tagging both to make sure): I’d say since your error message seems to be different than the one reported by the original poster that your best bet is to reach out to our Support team and/or create a new topic in Community. 

It’s the same user ;) 

I've tried on different accounts also, with new zaps and different Wordpress accounts.

My login credentials are accurate - something has possibly changed with new wordpress/woocommerce updates - and zapier hasn’t kept up.

I have reached out to support. It is still an authentication error which others are also having.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@clickclickclick @clickclickclick (not sure why there are two users with the exact same name but I’m tagging both to make sure): I’d say since your error message seems to be different than the one reported by the original poster that your best bet is to reach out to our Support team and/or create a new topic in Community. 

@Hary I’ve added you as an affected user as well, though if you’re not getting the same error as the person who started this post…

… I’d suggest to you the same as what I said above: please contact our Support team and/or start a new topic so we can try to keep these topics as clean as possible :)

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Same problem here !

Userlevel 1

@Danvers ive not changed anything and this has been working fine for over a year. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@juanexplore.us thanks for your message, I’ve added you as an affected user on the issue 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @clickclickclick 

The error message that you’re seeing doesn’t match what we’d see if the WordPress connection is affected by the issue reported here. It can be tricky to connect Zapier to WordPress as there are different factors that affect the connection. 

Take a look at these help guides as there may be something that will fix the connection:

How to get started with WordPress on Zapier

Common problems with WordPress

You are also listed as an affected user on the issue that gives the error message:

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html style="height:100%"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,"

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

And we will send you an email when that’s resolved. 

Userlevel 1

@anke @clickclickclick you have been added and will receive updates via email. 

Thanks- the specific error (on chrome and safari) I’m getting is:   

authentication failed: Could not interpret the authentication response.

Hey folks! Our product and engineering teams wanted to update this thread to say:

Investigating and ultimately fixing this bug is likely to be added to our integrations team’s roadmap. Hopefully, we will be able to do finish both very soon.

Please let us know when this is fixed. Ive used this integration in the past and never encountered issues. I cannot move forward with this error persisting. Thank you for looking into this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@anke @clickclickclick you have been added and will receive updates via email. 

Userlevel 1

Same here - please update me when it is fixed.

i also have this problem.