Best answer

MS Teams apps - trouble with account connection

• 23 September 2020
  • 58 replies

Show first post

58 replies

Hello @Kat and @Zap_enthusiast - I’ve gone and added you both to the bug report. We’ll contact you directly as soon as we have an update to share. Thanks!

Hi @steph.n, any idea what the time frame is on this? Is it actively being worked on or is it in a very long queue and unlikely to be resolved soon? Thanks 

I have the issue as well

I would say we are having the issue and would like to be notified but this issue was reported nearly a year ago. Clearly it’s not going to get fixed...

Hello @steph.n : running into the same issue too.. Do you have any news about it? Thanks 

I’m having the same issues as described above.

thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @neonesslive - sorry you are running into this! I can see the team is actively working on it and have added you as an impacted user so that you will be notified with any updates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi, @socialB! If you’re having trouble loading channels from teams, the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Zapier Support team as they will be able to check a few things with you in more detail. You can reach them using the Get Help form:https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great news, @Andrew B:relaxed:

I see you’ve also commented on a related thread regarding an existing feature request to support HTML/Markdown formatting on chat messages. We’ll get your vote added for that so that once that’s implemented it will be possible to insert links. 

Same issue here

Same issue for me as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Did anyone post the official resolution to this error as I am also having this issue; have tried disconnecting all accounts, restarting, etc. 

We did not make any changes. It looks like @JeremySTL re-selected all their data fields and options, then the Zap started functioning again. Could you give this a try and see if that works for you?

Userlevel 2

@Liz_Roberts Any news on this topic, Liz?  Many thx

Userlevel 1

I think it’s because i was on the free version of Teams. I just signed up for the paid version, hoping it will work once i have that configured

Same problem here, makes Zapier unusable for my needs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If you’ve installed the Zapier app but are still seeing Requires Zapier app to be installed next to the Team in the dropdown menu...

Microsoft

Please Read This

The Zapier app must be installed within the Team you want to access in Zapier. Makes sense, but it's much more confusing than it may seem and Microsoft  doesn't necessarily indicate whether this has been done properly. 

NOTE: These instructions were originally compiled in November of 2020, and should be accurate. If you see that things are different than described below please let us know!

What to Check:

1. Open up Teams and check the Teams tab
  2. Find the Team you'd like to access in Zapier and press the 3 dots next to its name (not General)
  3. Select Manage team. Looks like: 

4. Click Apps > More apps.
  5. You should now see Microsoft's app store and can search for "Zapier."
  6. Click the purple dropdown arrow next to Open and then Add to a team.
  7. From there, [Team Name] > General should be populated by default, but if not, locate it and then click Set up a bot

Now you can come back to Zapier and check the Zap again. You may have to refresh and if the Team dropdown menu in the Zap is still giving you that "Requires Zapier app to be Installed" message, you might need to disconnect and reconnect Teams to Zapier from scratch.

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. Can’t get the connection between Teams and Zapier to work despite reconnecting the Teams app and adding the Zap app to my Teams. 

Interestingly my older Zaps configured with Teams keep working. I’m afraid to open them though to not break anything. 

I am having this issue also but with not being able to pull a Channel. Please add me to the list. Thanks. 

I already went through this process and it still didn’t work - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/active-directory-users-assign-role-azure-portal

Add me to the List on this one!!

Userlevel 1

I tested it again today and it started working for me. I don’t have the connection issues anymore :relieved:

same issue here. Started to create a zapp and connect to Teams. Same error. I read past the “Then reconnect your Microsoft account in Zapier” recommendation. When i did actually reconnect the account within zapier (after installing the app in the team), the team was displayed properly.

Userlevel 1

Same issue here, still...

Did anyone post the official resolution to this error as I am also having this issue; have tried disconnecting all accounts, restarting, etc. 

Userlevel 1

Same issue here despite the integration of zapier to the channel on teams. Thanks to add me to the impacted users list.

Userlevel 1

Same issue here

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @J'aips ,

Sorry you are running into this! To echo Danvers’ response, if you’re having trouble loading channels from teams, the Zapier Support team can better assist as they will be able to check a few things with you in more detail. You can reach them using the Get Help form:https://zapier.com/app/get-help