Best answer

MS Teams apps - trouble with account connection

• 23 September 2020
  • 58 replies

Userlevel 1

I am having this issue as well for a new MS Team connection.  I cannot load the “Team” despite having the account connection set up WITHIN MS teams and connected back to Zapier. The full error message is:

We’re having trouble loading 'Team' data

An owner must install the Zapier app from the Teams store in your team to use this feature. Then reconnect your Microsoft account in Zapier.

If I go into the MS Team itself it will tell me the Zapier app/bot is installed.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 31 May 2021, 21:03

View original

58 replies

Userlevel 2

I just got it working over here. This may help some of you.  I had the Zapier App installed for myself but not for my Team.  So I could go to my Zapier App from my app list, partially configure a Zap but never access team data such as a Channel for example. You need to go to the Teams list tab, choose the team where you want to install the Zapier app, click on the 3 dot menu to the right, and then Manage Team, Then go to the Apps tab. Make sure Zapier is there. If it isn’t, install it from that location.  Then make sure you reconnect to Teams account in Zapier (this step is key).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve added all of the following people to the affected users list: @christophebe @LoRezz1138 @soarhevn @KKrpata @jblom. You will all be notified when this has been resolved.

So sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Kat - I do not have a time frame or update to provide. As mentioned, we will reach back out to you directly once we do. I’m sorry I’m not more helpful here!

I’ve added you both to the bug report. @Cooper and @chrishill 

Userlevel 1

@Nicou @LDonn @cchamlee @palladium - I’ve added you all onto the impacted users list. You’ll receive an update from us as soon as we have one to share. Thank you!

i’ve actually got it working now - thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Andrew B! Apologies if this is redundant but to clarify were you able to give the tips chrishill and Nick provided a shot? It sounds like connecting your specific Team has been the fix for most users but as Nick mentioned it isn’t as straight forward as one would hope. Happy to get you added to this report if so but thought it was worth double checking. Thanks!

I just got it working over here. This may help some of you.  I had the Zapier App installed for myself but not for my Team.  So I could go to my Zapier App from my app list, partially configure a Zap but never access team data such as a Channel for example. You need to go to the Teams list tab, choose the team where you want to install the Zapier app, click on the 3 dot menu to the right, and then Manage Team, Then go to the Apps tab. Make sure Zapier is there. If it isn’t, install it from that location.  Then make sure you reconnect to Teams account in Zapier (this step is key).

If you’ve installed the Zapier app but are still seeing Requires Zapier app to be installed next to the Team in the dropdown menu...

Microsoft

Please Read This

The Zapier app must be installed within the Team you want to access in Zapier. Makes sense, but it's much more confusing than it may seem and Microsoft  doesn't necessarily indicate whether this has been done properly. 

NOTE: These instructions were originally compiled in November of 2020, and should be accurate. If you see that things are different than described below please let us know!

What to Check:

1. Open up Teams and check the Teams tab
  2. Find the Team you'd like to access in Zapier and press the 3 dots next to its name (not General)
  3. Select Manage team. Looks like: 

4. Click Apps > More apps.
  5. You should now see Microsoft's app store and can search for "Zapier."
  6. Click the purple dropdown arrow next to Open and then Add to a team.
  7. From there, [Team Name] > General should be populated by default, but if not, locate it and then click Set up a bot

Now you can come back to Zapier and check the Zap again. You may have to refresh and if the Team dropdown menu in the Zap is still giving you that "Requires Zapier app to be Installed" message, you might need to disconnect and reconnect Teams to Zapier from scratch.

Userlevel 1

This worked for me. Install Zapier app for a specific team before connecting through Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JeremySTL, I hope you don’t mind that I moved this to a new post, it looks like it’s a different issue to the one that you originally replied to. 

I think that this is related to a bug that we’re currently seeing with the MS Teams integration, but I’m going to pass you to the Support team so that they can take a closer look for you to confirm that. Someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @Kat and @Zap_enthusiast - I’ve gone and added you both to the bug report. We’ll contact you directly as soon as we have an update to share. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Yes, this worked. I didn’t realise that I had to essentially create a brand new connection on Zapier. Probably the old connection was using the old connection method for Teams and so would not work.

Userlevel 1

I had the same issues, mine were fixed after trying all of above.. PLUS: make sure that you're logging in with an email adress and password (not login with Microsoft).

What solved it for me was:
1. Remove all connections and the app in Teams
2. Go to Zapier => reset your password ​​​​​​
3. Login again to Zapier, but with password (not MS login)
4. Add the app to the team in Teams
5. Create a new Zap and set up the connection from scratch

Then it worked! 

Userlevel 1

@JeffST this makes sense I suppose. I was working with support and neither of us made a change and it all of a sudden started working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sorry you’re running into this also @LukaBazooka ! Adding you as an impacted user so that you will be notified with any updates. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, i have followed@chrishill advices and it works 
Not intantly but now it’s solved

I have the same issue, I tried to reconnect my Teams app, but still get this error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Nicou @LDonn @cchamlee @palladium - I’ve added you all onto the impacted users list. You’ll receive an update from us as soon as we have one to share. Thank you!

We can't load channels from teams either, any updates on this issue?

**We’re having trouble loading ‘Channel’ data

**We’re having trouble loading ‘Channel’ data (throttled)

I am having the same issue

same issue, please add me to the list.

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@sarahcv @MHillyer @LDonn you all have been added as impacted users. @chrishill I don’t see an update outside of the team working on this but when there is one to report you will receive notification via email. I’m sorry I don’t have more information at this point!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Craig70 I’ve added you as an affected user on this issue, which means that we’ll send you an update when we’ve been able to confirm that the issue is fixed. Thanks!

I get same error:

An owner must install the Zapier app from the Teams store in your team to use this feature. Then reconnect your Microsoft account in Zapier.

I added the app and reconnected already

I’m getting the same error message in both Zapier and when I try to create the zap within Teams.

Aha that worked!! I had added Zapier to MS Teams. Didn’t realise the slight difference to add it to a channel

FYI It’s a shame you cannot insert links into teams messages (the message should be HTML or plain text). Just a suggestion. 

I guess this issue persists, can we get an update ?? 

When will this be fixed, quite annoying that this is still not working.

Userlevel 1

Hi @JeremySTL, I hope you don’t mind that I moved this to a new post, it looks like it’s a different issue to the one that you originally replied to. 

I think that this is related to a bug that we’re currently seeing with the MS Teams integration, but I’m going to pass you to the Support team so that they can take a closer look for you to confirm that. Someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible. 

Not at all - thanks and I look forward to reviewing with support!