Best answer

401 authentication failed error when connecting to Revue

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

115 replies

I’m having the same issue too! :( 

Same for me as well. There is no popup to be found; only the one that asks for the API key; and then this 401 error. (Linking to Mailchimp)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Liam Mews, thanks for reaching out to let us know! I’ve got you added to that report as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, @Fanego! Thanks for letting us know. I’ve got you added to that report! While we don’t have an ETA to share at the moment, we’ll be sure to send an email as soon as we know more. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for your patience @ColinBoyle, @rayalez, @Marco Besier, @Ty S, @nfte_co, @peter123, @shermix, @imagepunk, and @Based Realist

I’ve got all of you added to the listed of impacted users. While we don’t have any updates on a fix, we’ll be sure to keep you all in the loop once we do. We’ll also post here in the thread. 🙂

I am afraid we are facing the same issue. It would be great if you could add us to the listed of impacted users. Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jayclouse!

I’ve added you to the list of impacted users.

Same here

I'm facing the same problem. Add me 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @Ippollo, @Speedinvest and @apek! :)

I’m so sorry you’re all running into this issue as well. I’ve added you all to the list of affected users. We’ll be in touch as soon as we have any updates on this!   

I am also experiencing this same issue. What should I do here?

same issue here! please add me to the list

Hey @jousefmrd and @Peter M, welcome to the Community! :)

@jousefmrd, it appears our Support team identified that you’re being affected by a bug with the Revue integration and added you to the list of affected users.

@Peter M, I’ve added you to the list of affected users on that bug report as well. 

I don’t have an estimate as to when the issue will be resolved but we’ll be sure to send you an email notification as soon as it is!

I am also getting this error, what is the current time line for a proposed fix?

Hi Christina! I’m also being impacted by this bug, unfortunately. Can you please add me to the list as well?
Hope you can fix this soon!
Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @swombat_ and @Chart Champions! I’ve got you both added as impacted users.

While I don’t have an estimate to provide at the moment, we’ll be sure to email as soon as a fix is in place. In the interest of transparency, this particular integration is managed by Revue so it might be worth reaching out to them and seeing if they have any insight!

A fellow community member reached out a few weeks ago and had some luck with the solution I’ll drop below. 

We were getting the same error and reached out to Revue.

This was their reply to me

“Thanks for reaching out to us! I see you have two issues that I am happy to assist you with today. Let's address first the issue pertaining to the API. Account verification is now required to add an API to your account. You can upload a subscriber list via the Revue Import system. Once approved, you'll receive API access. I've linked an article below that provides additional details on how to import a subscriber list.

http://help.getrevue.co/en/articles/4759205-how-to-add-subscribers-to-your-newsletter…

The approval process took like 36 hours for me, but everything is now functioning as intended

Hi @samb can you please add me to the list of affected users too?

Sorry to bother but when do you think we’ll see a fix? It’s been a while! :(

Thank you!

Hi @christina.d. Could I please be added as well, I’m having the same issue. Thanks!

Having the same issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @joesao! :)

It appears our Support team have already added you to the list of affected users. Unfortunately I don’t have any estimates I can share as to when it will be sorted. But we will definitely be in touch by email as soon as it is!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @ruhaniw and @Africa! We’ve added you to the list of affected users.

No word on a fix for this at the minute but we’ll email you as soon as we’ve got any updates to share! :) 

@Troy Tessalone!

I’m also experiencing the same issue. Seems to have been a while since this started. Any updates?

Thanks @swombat_ and @Chart Champions! I’ve got you both added as impacted users.

While I don’t have an estimate to provide at the moment, we’ll be sure to email as soon as a fix is in place. In the interest of transparency, this particular integration is managed by Revue so it might be worth reaching out to them and seeing if they have any insight!

A fellow community member reached out a few weeks ago and had some luck with the solution I’ll drop below. 

We were getting the same error and reached out to Revue.

This was their reply to me

“Thanks for reaching out to us! I see you have two issues that I am happy to assist you with today. Let's address first the issue pertaining to the API. Account verification is now required to add an API to your account. You can upload a subscriber list via the Revue Import system. Once approved, you'll receive API access. I've linked an article below that provides additional details on how to import a subscriber list.

http://help.getrevue.co/en/articles/4759205-how-to-add-subscribers-to-your-newsletter…

The approval process took like 36 hours for me, but everything is now functioning as intended

Thanks Christina.

The link is about importing subscribers into Revue… do you have a link to this mysterious “account verification to add an API” process? Happy to do what’s needed to “receive API access” but I don’t see where I can do that...

I have the same issue. Can you add me to the list of affected users as well please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @Saint and @swombat_:relaxed:

@Saint, I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We don’t have any updates to share at the minute. But we’ll definitely be in touch as soon as the app’s developers have implemented a fix for this.

@swombat_, we don’t have a link to carry out the account verification unfortunately. I’d recommend reaching out to Revue’s Support team for more details on how get the account verification sorted on their end. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@smithgp27 and @ishkaev.com, thanks for reaching out. I’ve added you both to the list of impacted users! We’ll email once there’s a fix in place. 

Some users have had some success reaching out to the Revue team with this issue! I might be worth reaching out to them directly.