Best answer

Push to Zapier Slack trigger - not showing the modal to push a message

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

98 replies

It’s still not working for us too.

Is there any update on when this issue will be fixed? 

Please add me to the list.   This is such an important workflow, i’m surprised this hasn’t been addressed.   Seeing the conversation going on for over a year is not comforting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @123R, thanks for letting me know!

Sorry that workaround won’t be a good fit for your use case here. I really wish I had a better workaround to suggest to you here. :(

With the missing private channel when using the New Message Posted to Private Channel trigger, it may be worth reaching out to our Support team to investigate that further. They’ll be able to dig into the logs and should be better able to spot what’s preventing it from appearing. The best way to reach them is by using our Get Help form. Please do let us know whether they’re able to help you get that New Message Posted to Private Channel trigger set up as a temporary workaround. Eager to ensure you’re all set! :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @mutsuoara 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users and you will receive an update via email once available. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @jaredtorres and @trabajar 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you guys via email once an update is available. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @aazfar! I’ve added you to the list of the affected users, and we’ll give you an update via email if we have any new information about this bug.

I am having this issue too - appeared after I turned a few of my zaps off… wish I had known it was going to break it. Since so many people have reported this, and its been a problem open for so long we are going to look somewhere else for a solution… Really disappointing because our team would have spent a lot of zaps on this workflow….

Userlevel 1

Hello team at Zapier!

I received an update via email earlier today letting us know that the Push To Zapier feature in the Zapier Slack app is now working.

The message also said that nothing has to be done on our end, and it should work right away.

I tried it on my end, and I am getting an error that just says "Something went wrong with your pushed message. Try again!" (screenshot below). I've reinstalled the Zapier app on Slack, reconnected my Slack account to Zapier, and updated Slack on my machine, but I still get the same error.

Is there something else I must do for it to work?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for letting us know @lucinda.m and @Toni Matas - sorry to hear you’re both impacted!
I’ve got you both added to the list of affected users. While I don’t have any updates to share at the moment, we’ll definitely keep everyone informed via email once we have one! 

Please could I be added to the list of affected users.

Happy to be contacted as well if required.

Fantastic! Will be testing it out soon!

Keep getting the Something went wrong with your pushed message. Try again! here

Still not working here

Tried reconnecting, removing and adding again, nothing I can do make it work again.

Also happening to me, could I get added too please

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @zenjmoo! I’ve added you to the list of affected users. You’ll be emailed as soon as this is resolved. :)

Hello - I got an email to say this bug was fixed but the pop out box when clicking push to Zapier on Slack still isn’t showing up for just one of my colleagues - is there an issue with different levels of account access on Slack? i.e. it works for normal users and admins but not owners? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thank you for letting us know, @davidelbe. I've added you to the list of affected users. We'll send an email regarding the update on this issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Victoria_!

Ah, it looks as though there was a previous bug open for this which was since closed. But there had been new reports of this behaviour persisting and so a new bug report was opened in its place.

It’s not been reported that it’s only affecting owners so I can’t confirm whether that’s the case here. I’ve just double-checked and you’ve definitely been added to the bug report that’s currently open so we will definitely notify you once that’s been fully resolved. I’m very sorry for any confusion caused here. Hopefully they’ll be able to get this sorted out soon! 

Same with me

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @LukeChunkyDuck 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll update you via email if there are any changes. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for sharing this with the thread, @Oscar Bernal

Hi, please add me to list of affected users.