Best answer

Push to Zapier Slack trigger - not showing the modal to push a message

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

98 replies

@SamB I try to turn off and on all my Zaps and the modal does not appear. I was a month late on my reports And it's becoming a big problem for me!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @lowf 

Welcome to the community. Let me add you to the list of affected users. We’ll keep this thread updated and email you once there are any changes. Thanks!

I have the same problems. Please add me to the list for updates!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

​Sure thing, @cremiger . Let me add you to the list of affected users. We’ll notify you via email once there’s any update available. Thanks!

Please add me to the list of affected users. Hoping for a fix as soon as possible!!

Hello, I’m also not able the see the modal after clicking the Push to Zapier. Can you also add me to the bug list?

Userlevel 1

Not corrected and no news.
I went to a competitor ... work perfectly

Which competitor? Asking for a friend ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @hyggecoworking and @123R

I’m very sorry about the impact this issue is causing. That’s not what we want at all!

@hyggecoworking, it seems our Support team have already added you as an affected user on the bug report. We’ll definitely be in touch by email as soon as it’s been sorted.    

@123R, it could be that the account also needs to be reconnected. Could you please try reconnecting your Slack account(s) and then try turning all affect Zaps off and on again? I’m hoping this will help reset the connection and get it appearing again while we wait for a more permanent fix to be implemented. 

@SamB as the support ask me, I try to reconnect my account this morning. That’s not working.

i also try by creating a new account on slack and used it on my zap. Doesn’t work too.

I Take delay on my work and it's a big problem for me. I also lost my credits of the last month and I will not able to get back my delay without them.

Did you have a fast solution for the modal ?
Can you do something, when the situation will be fine, to get back my lost credits of the last month ?

Please add me to the list of effected users - I need to be able to use this functionality for an internal workflow ASAP

No luck on my end either. I’ve tried deleting accounts, zaps, reconnecting, on/off, etc. Nothing makes the the pop up work in Slack. Keep me posted.

Hi, I am having this issue as well. It’s been a bug for almost a year. Is this ever going to get fixed? The Slack integrations are the main reason I came to Zapier, and I will be using a competitor if this isn’t fixed soon.

I have the same problems. Please add me to the list for updates!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @123R and @hyggecoworking,

Thanks for giving that a try, I’m sorry it didn’t work and that you’re still running into issues. We’ll be sure to notify you as soon as we have an update on this issue.

As a workaround, you could potentially make a copy of your existing New Pushed Message Zaps and switch the copied versions to use the Slack New Reaction Added trigger instead. That would trigger whenever a specific reaction is added to a message. It may be a good idea to add some new emojis to Slack specifically for firing the Zaps - Add customised emoji to your workspace 

Please note that you’d have to reselect any trigger fields used in subsequent steps when the trigger action is switched over. I know this isn’t an ideal solution, but might be worth implementing to get your workflows back up and running in the meantime. 

Hope this helps! :)

I have the same problem, the modal does not show up. I have tried reconnecting the account.

Also not working for me. Can you notify me when fixed?

Userlevel 1

Confirming this is still not working for me as well. I have removed the Zapier app from Slack, reinstalled it, removed my Slack account from Zapier, reconnected it… Nothing works 🤔

Still not working. The test trigger works, but when I try to push my first message it doesn’t work.

Hi again,

I discovered that the problem is that you can’t force the system to trigger manually. When you use the “test trigger” button you don’t get anything even if you try to force from Slack.

The other thing that I discovered is that if the message is sent via an specific account, only this Slack account can see the zap from inside Slack. So you need to create a Zap for each user that you need to be able to trigger. 

I’m planning to use this to create a rudimentary but fast way to track some actions from my team into a google sheet, so I created zaps for each of them and it’s working now. Thanks!

@jammer.solijon please add me to the list as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @lbell! I’ve added you to the list of affected users as well now. We’ll email as soon as it’s been sorted. :) 

Hi

This seems to be an issue for me still. I tried switching to pushing Saved slack messages and that didn’t work either.

Can I be added to the bug report @SamB ?

Thanks in advance!

Me too, push to Zapier not triggering 😭

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, I’m sorry to hear that, @Egan Callahan. I’ve got you added to that bug report and we’ll keep you posted as soon as we know more! 

@SamB I’ve tried to change my Zap by using a reaction but that doesn’t work in my case : 

1. The channels where I use Zap was in Private, Zap allow used reaction only on Public channel and Slack not allow to convert Private Channel to Public.
  2. I use the input in the modal to qualify the input.

I also try by using New Message Posted to Private Channel in Slack but Zap only list Public channel inside the list of Channel ….

Sorry but the solution not help my :(