Best answer

How do I connect both a Stripe Live account and Test Account?

Show first post

89 replies

Add my vote.  I’m also stuck on this issue.

@jammer.solijon Please add my vote as well. We’ll try the Webhook; hopefully we won’t have to upgrade our account to test out a new eCommerce option. Thank you.

Hey @jammer.solijon, is this available for access? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @synapseway 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Add my vote as well. It’s been a LONG time since this has been requested and this hasn’t been addressed yet? My credit card company will shut me down if I try to charge my own card for testing purposes because it’ll look like I’m trying to pay myself. I hope this is a top priority.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @cscape 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Hi @LANF1RE 

I’ve added you both for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks!

Would like to be added as well, thank you.

Add my vote for this feature.

I’m unclear on how this can’t be used with test environment 👀. It makes iterating impossible when it’s transaction driven with so many variables to consider… 🤦

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @surfmonk 

@jammer.solijon please notify me also when this is available. thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @LANF1RE 

I’ve added you both for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks!

+1M

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @unknown and @sgibbs 

+1 Stripe offers test credit cards, but you can’t even proceed with the Zap if no payments are found. I totally agree with everyone saying this is a top priority!

+1, I am also stuck with this situation because I dont want use the real data before testing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Growmotely 

I’ve added you vote for this feature request, we’ll keep this thread update and email you once available. Thanks!

+1, it’s been seven months with no update now and I’m stuck at exact this issue, pls fix :) 

Userlevel 1

Hi@Hikage!

I know this isn’t the ideal way of doing it, but you can actually use Stripe webhooks + our Webhooks by Zapier app as the trigger. That way you can easily test things out, since you just have to toggle on test mode in Stripe :)

When you’re logged into Stripe, you’d go here (make sure to select Test Mode):

Choose which event(s) you want to capture, and enter the URL provided by Webhooks by Zapier (Catch Hook) in the Endpoint URL box that Stripe gives you:

Once you’ve created your Zap, you should be able to un-toggle test mode, create a webhook in your live environment and point it to the same Zapier webhook URL. All the fields *should* stay the same (make sure to double-check when you get a live transaction).

Some of our competitors actually just use webhooks rather than authenticating with Stripe at all. It’s definitely one approach, then you’re not limited by the triggers that we have for Stripe :)

Hope that helps!

This would be a great alternative solution if only Webhooks by Zapier wasn’t Premium 😅

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @10basetom 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll send you an email regarding with an update with this request.

Userlevel 1

+1 vote. Hope to see this soon!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Growthfamily 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll send you an email regarding with an update with this request.

This is a really important feature that I am also looking at. Could you add my vote? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Linus 

Please add me to the list as well. And thank you @nicksimard for the webhooks workaround!

hi jammer.solijon ! thanks a lot!!

please, do you know, or the team, how this development is going? will it be released soon? or there will be quite some time to wait for it?

thanks!!