Best answer

How do I connect both a Stripe Live account and Test Account?

Userlevel 3

I have already connected my live Stripe account.

But when I go to connect my test account, I can’t find an option to add my test keys.  I even accidentally created a NEW Stripe account entirely in my attempt.

When I get to the “Select the account you'd like to connect to Zapier” step, I’m given only one account option.

Connecting it anyway, I have verified this is my LIVE account.

I have even tried connecting while logged into Stripe with “test mode” toggled.

How do I get to a step that lets me add my test keys?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 June 2022, 22:44

View original

88 replies

I was reading this Thread and was like, surely this has been done now since this was started a year ago. And it still isnt?! What features are you even working on, if not this?

Userlevel 1

+1

Userlevel 1

Why are we still waiting for this?

Being able to test zaps with stripe test data is crucial. 

Userlevel 2

I ended up spending a few hours last week to create and open source an AWS-based solution for this. Zapier CoC prohibits solicitation and I want to be respectful of that and won’t share a direct link, so it’s just available out there on GitHub.

It is a few dozen lines of JS code for handling S3 storage, Brevo email sending and actual redirects + static site JS. And naturally, it allows both Stripe Test and Live through two separate API Gateway routes.

It’s a shame I had to resort to it and I’m sure I could’ve done it with Zapier Code, but at this point I don’t have enough faith in Zapier to maintain the feature and testability, nor have enough configurability to ensure the performance stays sub-1000ms for everything as I would like.

Userlevel 1

hi, same thing here. I have never tried Zapier before, wanted to connect Stripe, and it won’t go due to the missing function of Stripe’s Test account. What a shame for Zapier!!!!!

Bye bye is all I can say. And now I need to switch to another tool which provides what I am looking for. 

Userlevel 1

Add my vote as well! Absolutely SHOCKED that testing mode is not available.

Userlevel 1

I’ve switched from Make after using it for years, and this is literally the first action I was about to create and first connection and it is not possible?? You’ve got to be joking

Userlevel 1

Hi @HHcolcas 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll email you once there’s an update available. Thanks

Lol what about the wife and 3 kids?

Please add my vote as well. This is a oversight issue.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Hikage! Thanks for stopping by! 👋🏽
I did some digging and it looks like currently the app only supports the live or production version of Stripe. 😔 That said, there is an open feature request to allow for both the test and production environments! I went ahead and added your vote to this. While I can’t offer an estimate on when or if this will get implemented we’ll be sure to email you if that changes. We’ll also keep this topic updated as well!

I hope this helps and welcome to the Community! 🙂

It’s been a year and still this needed feature hasn’t been added….

Userlevel 1

@christina.d, this was available in the older version of Stripe, as I did have both connected.  Any idea why it was removed with the update?

Add my vote please. Or, maybe suggest a work around for pseudo technical people like me to want to use Zapier and low to no code vs. workaround that was previously suggested. I think what I’ll have to do is create a dummy payment record (duplicate the default payment record then “edit” all the 100 fields or so) within the Trigger panel and use this to “test” the payment trigger. Is this a correct thing to do?

Userlevel 2

Sending email after Stripe transactions was the first time in years of my engineering careers I decided to turn to Zapier for instead of using webhooks or service backends.

Only to see that an absolutely crucial element of the Stripe integration, namely the Test Mode has been “improved away” after retiring the Legacy app.

This seems absolutely maddening and wild to me to see this being approved by Product and then not remedied in a year’s time.

Please do count in my vote for the feature whilst I find other options to remedy it, outside of the paid Webhooks suggested earlier or entirely overkill Code option.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, I just came along this topic and to have access to the Stripe Test Account would also be crusal for me! Please add my vote.

Userlevel 1

This seems crazy. How can it not have a test mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @tfrancisco.dev. I’ve added your vote to that feature request which will help to increase it’s priority. Still can’t make any promises as to when/if it will definitely be implemented but, you’ll definitely get an email from us once it is! 🙂

Please add my vote as well. This is very important for my workflow.

Userlevel 1

Hi @kinder 👋 

So sorry about missing your reply here previously! I’ve added your vote for this feature so you can expect an email notification from us once it’s added. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kinder 👋 

So sorry about missing your reply here previously! I’ve added your vote for this feature so you can expect an email notification from us once it’s added. 

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Add my vote. Its surprisingly that Zapier didn’t integrate test with with best payment processor.

Stefan

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Indeed it would be, @BlaineCM! Happy to confirm that I’ve added your vote to feature request as well. Can’t make any promises as to when/if it would be added, but adding your vote does help to increase it’s priority. And allows us to notify you by email the second it’s added. 🙂

This would be great thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey all, thanks for letting us know! Everyone has been added and we’ll keep the thread updated with any news.

Please add my vote as well.  Spent a few hours trying to figure out why it would not work.  

I mean its clownish it doesnt have test data… please add my vote for it

Please add my vote for being able to use test data from Stripe in a zap.

Add my vote.  I’m also stuck on this issue.