Best answer

Create an Asana project zap for a specific template

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

118 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Earl White! Thanks for reaching out. I got your vote added to that feature request. We’ll keep you and this thread updated if and when this gets implemented. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing @gwion! We’ve added your vote to the list. We’ll email as soon as we have any updates! :) 

This is absolutely ESSENTIAL for us as well!  The “create project” action is just too limited without this capability. 

Hey Is there any update on this feature?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Absolutely, @joshzap! Your votes been added. We’ll let you know as soon as we know more. 🙂

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Her Campus Media 

I’ve added your vote to this feature request. We’ll send an update via email once implemented. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @JenHeth! :)

I’ve added your vote as well. Once it’s possible to use templates with the Asana integration we’ll email you to let you know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MratioT!

I wish I could tell you that I have updates to report, but I’m afraid I don’t :( It’s still an existing feature request that we’re adding votes for (I added yours, by the way). As a workaround, you could look into using the Asana API to duplicate an existing project: https://developers.asana.com/docs/duplicate-a-project.

We have a couple of Community articles that touch upon using the Asana API:

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everyone! 

I’ve figured out a potential workaround for this by duplicating existing projects using Webhooks by Zapier! More details can be found here:

It’s not a 100% ideal solution I know, but hopefully this workaround will be useful to you while we’re still waiting on this feature request to be implemented! :)

Userlevel 1

Please add me to this feature request. Is there any update on whether this will be taken up by the developers?

You can add me as an interested user, we would really like to see this!

+1 for this

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @oktanaut - We’ve added you as a vote to this feature request. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I hear ya, @Andria R.! I’ve got your vote added. :relaxed:

Hi @Her Campus Media 

I’ve added your vote to this feature request. We’ll send an update via email once implemented. 

Is it at least on the roadmap?  Or is this just a feature request that’s sitting out here no possibility of being worked on any time soon? 

Please add me to the list as well! 

This would make a massive difference to automating our project creation when we get a new client onboard.

Add me to the chorus - I could use this feature right now in about a zillion workflows.

Please add me as well, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @TomWFox! I’ve added you to this feature request, you’ll get an email if we have an update 🙂

Hello I would also like to be added to this request. It would be incredibly beneficial and is greatly needed for so many of my tasks and Zaps.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Audrey_APHstrategie ,

Thanks for the additional info! This isn’t currently possible but the good news is that there is an open feature request for the ability to use these templates!

I've gone ahead and added you as an interested user for this feature which does the following:

• Re-raises this issue with the Asana team
  • Adds weight to this feature request in the queue
  • Reminds us to update you once this is resolved

I don't have an ETA on when or if this feature will go into production, but if it does you will be notified via email. Please let us know if you have any additional questions- happy to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Pharma-Grade Pastrami!

Thanks for reaching out here, I’ve added your vote as well. We’ll be in touch by email with any updates!

Has this feature been added yet? It would make workflows complete if so.

Please add it soon if you can :)

Is there any sort of update? I’d like to be added to the list.

Hi! 

I also need this feature, I would like to be added in the vote list, please. I now know that there is the possibility to do this using webhooks @abdellatif  and thank you for sharing by the way, but as a very busy project manager you would want things to be more practical especially if there are team members involved.
Thanks everyone!