Best answer

New Saved Message Slack trigger does not work anymore after Slack update

Userlevel 1

Slack recently updated their save element feature, apparently this broke the trigger, ad it does not work anymore.

I was using it in a zap where each time a user saved a message from slack, the zap copied it in a trello board, it worked just fine until slack updated their feature.

Any idea on how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 May 2023, 11:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

69 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks! 👋

The New Saved Message trigger has been fixed in terms of saved messages from public/private channels. But, for saved messages in DMs (Direct Messages) it’s still not always triggering. So there’s a new bug report that has been created for that. We’ll be tracking users that are experiencing issues in triggering from saved DM messages here in this new topic:

I’m going to close out this thread now, so to follow along with any developments please subscribe to that other topic. And if you’re having issues with triggering from saved DMs too, please reach out there and we’ll get you added to the new bug report. Thanks! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Please add me as well. “Push to Zapier” workaround no longer working either.

Userlevel 1

Thanks! I tried this and the workaround does not work for me as I need to go into an extra menu to trigger the push to Zapier. I can’t simply click a single “save for later” button, which is accessible on all Slack messages without an extra click.

Userlevel 1

I have been doing some digging on this and I see that a few other users have been running into this problem. As it turns out, you've run into a known bug, unfortunately.

We already have a bug report in place...

For people who are hitting this issue, if you can use “New Pushed Message” instead, that trigger still works since it’s on-demand.

It’ll require you to remap fields in the action, since the structure of the data is a little different. In my case I had to switch over to fields under Message - Message Ts Time (timestamp), Message User Name (username), Message Text (text - this is probably the most commonly needed).

Userlevel 1

@christina.d Could you add me as well please? This is a productivity killer for me.

Userlevel 1

Hi Charie -- I’m also affected by this and would like to be added to the bug report. I use the saved message feature to push Slack messages (mobile and desktop) to Things3 to be added to my to-do list. I didn’t realize how much I used it until it stopped working 😂 Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the list as well. It took me days to realize this wasn’t working, and as a result, many balls were dropped at work. I’m using the solution provided by @alexisg in the meantime, but I would rather have the “save” button work as it is way more straightforward. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yikes! Thanks for letting us know @cesarabeid and @hduran

I’m so sorry to hear that it’s still broken, I know how disappointing this must be.

@joelgascoigne - I’ve added you to the list of affected users. And I’ve let the developers know that we’re still seeing instances of this not working so that they can investigate this further. 

We’ll keep you all posted on any updates here. Thank you for bearing with us in the meantime! 

Userlevel 1

It’s working for me again. Thanks for the help @SamB !

Userlevel 1
Badge

@alexisg ok, so just to clarify with this new action, you have to click the three dots button in Slack, select “Push to Zapier”, choose the option to select the zapier zap from the dropdown and click Push?

Damn, so many steps now. :/

Userlevel 1

Glad I found this thread. It was driving me crazy this morning.

Hopefully this can be resolved. I just started using this in a zap that was incredibly helpful to my daily workflow.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

can you add me in the bug report too ? This zap was very used and loved :’)

Userlevel 1

Hi there - I’m experiencing this issue too, the New Saved Message in Slack was one of my most used triggers so I’m feeling the pain of it being broken. Could you add me to the list so I can be notified as soon as this is fixed? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Please add me as well.

This has totally destroyed my one-click workflow for sending saved slack messages to my centralised inbox 😭

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Admin Bpo 

Thank you for sharing the screenshot and for explaining the Zap.

I have been doing some digging on this and I see that a few other users have been running into this problem. As it turns out, you've run into a known bug, unfortunately.

We already have a bug report in place and before adding your email address to the ticket, I just want to confirm that the Zap doesn’t trigger. Is thats correct? If so, I’ll proceed with adding your email address to the Bug Report so that when a fix ships, we’ll send you an email right away!

Looking forward to your response!

+1 same issue here, major piece of my inbox zero setup relies on this trigger -- eager for fix! 

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the list as well. It took me days to realize this wasn’t working, and as a result, many balls were dropped at work. I’m using the solution provided by @alexisg in the meantime, but I would rather have the “save” button work as it is way more straightforward. Thank you!

Agreed — that solution works but is a bit cumbersome.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for looking into the issue, what you asked is quite correct the Zap does not trigger the action.

Actually I tried a very similar zap where the only difference is the trigger, and that works out perfectly as expected.

My team used to rely on this function for everyday use, and now we are experiencing major difficulties due to this sudden change.

Would it be possible to have an ETA of the fix?

Best regards.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Admin Bpo 

Thanks for confirming that information.

I already added your email address to the Bug Report.

We aren't able to update users on precise bug statuses or estimated timeframes until the issue is resolved. There are many factors at play when addressing a bug, so it's challenging to predict when a bug will be fixed.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends - thanks for this! I’ve added ya’ll to the list!

While we don’t have an ETA at the moment, we’ll definitely email everyone once a fix is in place.

Please add my email to the bug report as well, thank you! 

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Please add me to the list, I have the same problem in two Zaps.

More details about the recent change on Slack’s side is available here: https://slack.com/help/articles/13453851074067-Save-it-for-%22Later%22

Userlevel 1

I received an email today saying that the issue was fixed: 

You're receiving this notification because you showed interest in a reported issue with our Slack integration. The issue was related to the “New Saved Message” trigger not working in certain cases. We wanted to let you know we worked with our partners at Slack and this trigger should now be working as expected.

There’s no specific action you need to take, but if there were some Zaps you were holding off on making because of this problem, now you can!

Don’t hesitate to get in touch if things aren’t working like you expect, or if you run into any other issues. We’re always here and happy to help! Have a great day!

- Alejandro

But it is still broken. Can you confirm this is fixed, @SamB ?

I’m having the same issue, running exactly the same zap as the original poster. Please add my email to the bug report, thx!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for sharing this, @petethezapper! Beat me to it. 🔥

As the email mentioned, our team is in touch with Slack and we’ll be sure to keep ya’ll updated with any news.

I know it’s not ideal but we absolutely appreciate ya’ll bearing with us. 🙏🏽