Best answer

Failed to create a conversation event in Google Analytics 4: Google may be having issues with their API

• 19 June 2023
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to connect with Google Analytics 4 and I’m unable to send event measurements over. I receive the following error:

Screenshot 1 - when I try to create a new measurement

Screenshot 2 - when I try to create a new event conversion

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 June 2023, 07:35

View original

50 replies

Userlevel 1

Ok thank you, I have tried that and it doesn’t work. Perhaps your team should disable that Zap from showing up so that others don’t waste their time integrating it only to find out it doesn’t work? At least temporarily or add some sort of tag on it saying it’s not working and to avoid it for now. I wasted my time on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that didn’t work @WhyNotAdvertising and for any time wasted on this.

We don’t usually disable or add tags/warnings to an app integration when there’s a bug that’s affecting it, but that’s a really great idea! I’ve passed your suggestion over to the Product team for consideration. Thanks so much for sharing this suggestion on how we can improve people’s experience in building Zaps, we really appreciate it! 🤗

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi @SamB - could you please add me to the list to be notified when this is fixed? We’ve also tried the workaround and any other workarounds we could think of, with no luck. This impacts dozens of our zaps! Thanks. xxxxxx@xxxxx.com

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the notifications list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Maddie and @SRB.

Sorry to hear that the suggested workaround didn’t work for you either @Maddie. I can confirm that you’ve both been added to the list now. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s been resolved.

Userlevel 1

+1 on the list @SamB please

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @Miradore! You’ve now been added to the list of folks that are being impacted by this issue. Still no ETA on when a fix will be in place but we’ll definitely notify you by email once it is.

Userlevel 1

Hello, add me to the list please. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @elbugs. I’ve added you to the list as well so you’ll definitely get a notification from us as soon as it’s sorted. And we’ll be sure to update the thread here with any news in the meantime. 🙂 

I am also affected.

Manually entering the Data Stream ID does not fix the problem. Is there another work around?

Ok thank you, I have tried that and it doesn’t work. Perhaps your team should disable that Zap from showing up so that others don’t waste their time integrating it only to find out it doesn’t work? At least temporarily or add some sort of tag on it saying it’s not working and to avoid it for now. I wasted my time on this.

Yes, that would be a fair move, considering the time I have wasted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @DrAude. Really sorry that the suggested workaround of using the custom value option to manually enter the Data Stream ID didn’t work as hoped.

I can’t give any sort of time scale as to when this issue will be resolved but I’ve added you to the list so you can expect an email notification from us once it is. 

The only other workaround I can think of would be to try using the Google Analytics 4 app’s API Request (Beta) action to create the measurement instead. It’s more advanced and would require you to reference the Google Analytic’s API documentation (See: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/admin/v1/rest) when setting up the request, but if that’s something you’d like to explore you can find out more about how to set up that kind of action here: Create an API Request in your Zaps

If you do give that alternative workaround a try and have success with it please do let us know! 

Same issue here. Please add me to the email list for this bug. Pretty crazy this has been ongoing for 4 months with no clear fix in sight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @PWP. 👋

Sorry to hear you’re being affected by this too. Really wish I could share a timeline on when a fix will be implemented. I know how frustrating this must be, especially given the how long this issue has been around. I’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by this which does help to increase it’s priority and will allow us to notify you the minute it gets resolved. 

Thanks for everyone’s continued patience here in the meantime.

Same problem here...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m so sorry you’re also being affected here, @Herami. There’s no ETA I can give but I’ve added you to the list, so we’ll notify you the minute it gets resolved! 

@SamB  Can you add us to the notification list as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @CorpConv. I’ve added you to the list as well so you can expect an email from us as soon as it’s sorted. 

Is zapier dead?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @DrAude 👋 

No, but the bug with the Google Analytics 4 app on Zapier is still unresolved at the moment. Sorry to not have better news to share on that.

Did you manage to get any success in using API Request (Beta) action to create measurements in Google Analytics instead? 

Userlevel 1

Please add me to the list as well.

I can see that this problem has been around for quite som time. Is this really something that Zapier is working on? If not I would have to look into other solutions for my client.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Apologies for the delay in a reply here @APH - Stories Media.

This is indeed an issue that the team will be addressing however I cannot provide any details around when it will be resolved by unfortunately. I’ve added you to the list of folks being affected which will help to increase the priority of it. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s sorted.

In the meantime, if you’re not able to manually select the Data Stream then it may be possible to get around this using the Google Analytics 4 app’s API Request (Beta) action to send the measurement event details that way. 

7 months later and this is still completely broken… This was one of the only ways I could track a clients form submissions for their ad campaigns. 

I assume this is sitting at the bottom of a backlog collecting dust, when it should be prioritized as it appears to be affecting many businesses. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @connor1200. Sorry to hear that, I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of folks being affected by this.

Please know that it’s not sitting at the bottom of the backlog. When prioritizing issues we weigh up a number of different factors - like the number of users affected, the severity of the issue and the complexity of the fix etc. While I can’t provide a timeline or estimate as to when this will be fixed we will definitely notify you the moment it is. 

That said, I’ve been doing some testing on a Google Analytics 4 account I just created and was able to successfully load the available data streams on a Create Measurement action:
9bcab06bfc628d858b0a08e0ea01dd8e.png
So it looks as though that aspect of the issues being discussed here may now be working. Is anyone else here able to confirm whether it’s working for them as well now?

With the “Oops! Something went wrong. Google may be having issues with their API - please try again later.” error, I spotted that there’s a Send Measurement Events for an Application action. I tried that action and it appears to have successfully sent a measurement event to Google Analytics:
 485cb30056995ea4d5a52cf9402b61c9.png

I’m not super familiar with Google Analytics 4 but might be worth giving that Send Measurement Events for an Application action a try to see if that allows you to successfully send over the measurement events successfully?

And I was able to use the Create Conversion Event for a Property action to send over a conversion event:

1365835f70efe8fd2708afe5aad7f6fc.png
Has anyone here else been able to successfully submit conversion events?

Please do let us know whether it’s now working! 🤞