Best answer

Failed to create a conversation event in Google Analytics 4: Google may be having issues with their API

• 19 June 2023
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to connect with Google Analytics 4 and I’m unable to send event measurements over. I receive the following error:

Screenshot 1 - when I try to create a new measurement

Screenshot 2 - when I try to create a new event conversion

icon

Best answer by ken.a 19 June 2023, 07:35

View original

50 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @scaleyourtrade,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I've been doing a bit of detective work on the issue you're experiencing, and it turns out that this is a known bug with the Google Analytics 4 app. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi there @scaleyourtrade,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I've been doing a bit of detective work on the issue you're experiencing, and it turns out that this is a known bug with the Google Analytics 4 app. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Hi!

Any news on that? I'm getting the same error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @stays.net,

I'm really sorry for the trouble this bug has been causing you. I've checked the status of the bug report and unfortunately, we don't have an update just yet. However, I've made sure to add your email address to the list of affected users on the report.

I wish I could give you a specific timeframe for when this will be resolved, but it's a bit tricky. The time it takes to fix bugs can vary greatly because we have to consider a few things. We look at how complex the bug is, how many users it's affecting, and the overall impact of the issue. Sometimes, we also need to collaborate with our partners at other apps to find a solution, which can add to the timeframe.

I know this isn't the most satisfying answer, but please know we're doing our best to get this sorted out. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Hi,

We are experiencing the same issue with our GA4 Zaps. Can I be added to the list of users affected by the issue and be updated ASAP.

Thanks,

Denise 

This is literally the case with almost every single Zapier integration. We are using it across so many apps, and they are almost all having issues, and Zapier responds with a generic response, as you can see on this thread. Just a note I have some “bug reports” where we received the same response 2 months ago, with 0 updates and no fix. I wouldn’t hold my breath. Zapier has become so unreliable it is impossible to use the platform. 

Same error here, could you add me to the list as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi friends,

@Denise Dela Vega@golfsouthwestzap, and @Julz A I have added you all as another affected members to the open bug report. I apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused you. But rest assured our team in charge of this integration are working the best they can to resolve this issue.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Not holding my breath. From what I can see you it takes you 6-12 months, sometimes longer to address bugs. Very poor business practice. 

Are there any updates on this bug? 

I have the same problem and I get this bug and it's been almost one month without any update here. 

This integration is crucial for us as there is no direct Stripe-GA4 integration option, so we need to support ourselves with tools like Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @JungleNYC,

I apologize, but at the moment there are no updates yet regarding this bug. I've made sure to include your email address as one affected by this issue in our bug report. As soon as we have a solution, we'll promptly send you an email update.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

Hi, same issue here. Please add my email to the list. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @JTWatkin,

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. We will let you know right away via email once the fix ships.

Hi, same issue here. Please add my email to the list. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You got it, @videoequipmentdiva! I’ve added you to the list of affected users now. While I can’t give any kind of ETA on when it will be resolved by we’ll be sure to notify you by email the minute it’s sorted! 🙂 

Can I be added as well? Experiencing this issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @Lissie! I’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by this bug with the Google Analytics 4 app. I can’t make any promises around when this issue will be fixed by but you’re on the list so you’ll definitely get an email notification from us as soon as it is. 🙂 

Having same issue here too. Would be great to have this fixed asap

Same issue here. Please add me to the list. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Kiriiske and @Expath! 👋

I’ve added you both to the list as well. There’s still no update on a fix for this yet but we’ll be sure to email you once it’s been resolved. 🙂 

My zaps are affected this too. Is this currently affecting only selected users or selected integrations?

I have:

Typeform → GA4

Fillout → GA4

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @vekman! 👋

The bug affects the Create Measurement action on the Google Analytics 4 app, specifically so any users using that action in their Zaps will likely be affected by this issue when setting up their Zaps.

I’ve added you to the list of affected users so you can expect an email notification from us the moment that it’s been fixed.

In the meantime, I wonder if you could manually select the data stream, rather than trying to select it from the dropdown list that isn’t loading correctly. In which case the workaround would be to manually enter the ID for the data stream.

To do that you’d need to:

• Go to the Create Measurement action in your Zap.
  • In the Data Stream field, select the Custom tab.
  • With that Custom tab selected, then enter the ID directly into the Data Stream field. See Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps for more details.

If you’re not sure what the ID is, Google has a guide on how to find the Stream ID which may help: [GA4] Stream ID.

Hope that helps. If you do manage to get this sorted using the workaround mentioned here please let us know! 🙂

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I’m having the same issue.

Please add me to the mail list, I would like to know when this issue resolved.

xxxxxxx@gmail.com

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @blocksite. I’ve added you to the list so we’ll notify you as soon as it’s been resolved.

In the meantime, it may be worth manually selecting the data stream using the workaround mentioned in my previous reply. Hopefully that’ll allow you to continue setting up your Zaps while this bug is still hanging around. 🤞

Userlevel 1

Has this been fixed? I’m also dealing with this troublesome issue and I don’t see a “Create Measurement” step? It’s not even labeled like that in the UI. Can you do a quick screencast? I use Vidyard it’s free to create quick videos in your browser. I just not seeing what you’re talking about. I tried copying the Data Stream ID in the step where we are connecting the GA4 account and it still produces an error for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @WhyNotAdvertising! 👋

The bug report is still open unfortunately so I’ve added you to the list of affected users. I can’t give any sort of estimate as to when this bug will be fixed by, but we will email you as soon as it has been sorted.

The Create Measurement event should be available from the dropdown menu on the Event field (on the App & event section of the Google Analytics 4 app). For example:
efec25e335ac8c7563c75497b0503974.png

After selecting your Google Analytics account, you then move onto the Action section. From there, in the Data Stream field you’d select the Custom tab, then enter the ID into the field:
3e1a9779876750c6c699aae9c0f78635.png

Sorry it’s not a screencast but hope that helps to clarify the steps needed for the workaround, and allow you to get your Zap set up in the meantime.