Best answer

Zapier - Youtube to Discord Video Thumbnail Issue

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

65 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Slegnor you have been added!

Hi! I´m having this exact same Issue, all my bot notifications doesn´t show youtube thumbnails

Hi there,

I assume if you’re sending something to Discord that you’re using the Send Channel Message in Discord action. I don’t see a place in that action to specify a thumbnail or image. In fact, I see an existing feature request here to add the option to attach images/files when using that action, so I've gone ahead and added your vote for it. 

If that gets added, we’ll notify you via email. In the meantime, I don’t think that’s going to be possible, unfortunately.

Am having the same issue. It says it on discord but the thumbnail of the video does not appear.

not sure if I should post it here, but I am having a similar issue but using twitch instead of youtube.

Basically the thumbnail is there but the image is always the same, and it points to another image not the one shown in the thumbnail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Nimbulan - I have added you to the list of impacted users so that you will receive updates via email!

Hi folks, this is an issue that a couple of people have been running into with Discord. I know that it’s frustrating to have thumbnail images work sometimes and not others, and I’m sorry about that. 

There is an open report for this issue, @panoj37456@Ghostlion and @PristineFrog you have all been added as affected users on that issue, which lets the team know how many users have been affected and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.

I have the same issues, can you add me to the list

Hi there,

I assume if you’re sending something to Discord that you’re using the Send Channel Message in Discord action. I don’t see a place in that action to specify a thumbnail or image. In fact, I see an existing feature request here to add the option to attach images/files when using that action, so I've gone ahead and added your vote for it. 

If that gets added, we’ll notify you via email. In the meantime, I don’t think that’s going to be possible, unfortunately.

It's been months now for what seems like a rather simple issue to deal with. What is the ETA on this fix? 

Same issue here, I would use mee6 but it’s paid only so ain’t happening as I use many different channels and servers.

Userlevel 1

Hello!!

I have the same problem so can you please add me in the list so I know when the problem is solved??

Hi folks, this is an issue that a couple of people have been running into with Discord. I know that it’s frustrating to have thumbnail images work sometimes and not others, and I’m sorry about that. 

There is an open report for this issue, @panoj37456@Ghostlion and @PristineFrog you have all been added as affected users on that issue, which lets the team know how many users have been affected and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.

Hi, I also have this problem, can I get on the same list?

Hi Same problem here but with Instagram mostly. List me please too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone!

This issue hasn’t been resolved yet, I’m sorry about that. I’ve added the following folks as affected users on the issue, which means that we’ll send you an email if we have an update:

@5CROME

@Phuccinyobins

@BreadGar

@Marijchu

@Midnight wolf

I have the same issue, there is no thumbnails on my videos that are bing added, the only thumbnail that showed up was when I was setting up Zapier and there was a test to send ans check if that works on discord, after that no thumbnails at all, that is kind of weird, I hope you guys will be able to fix that issue! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Shterev 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users and we’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue, there is no thumbnails on my videos that are bing added, the only thumbnail that showed up was when I was setting up Zapier and there was a test to send ans check if that works on discord, after that no thumbnails at all, that is kind of weird, I hope you guys will be able to fix that issue! 

Unfortunately no. They are not going to do anything to mitigate this issue. This is an old issue. Even after this many complaints they haven't done anything. I'm moving to IFTTT. In fact I already did. It has got a better YouTube integration. You should check it out. Zapier is not going to fix it's issue. Move on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @Jstyl_8 and @AdrienneDriggs!

I’ve added you both to the list as well. We’ll be sure to email you as soon as it’s been sorted! :)