Best answer

Zapier - Youtube to Discord Video Thumbnail Issue

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

65 replies

I have this issue also

Userlevel 1

I too also am having the exact same issue.

Userlevel 1

Hi, i do have the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @BBird5000 - I’ve added you to feature request - thanks!

Userlevel 1

I got the same problem, the thumbnails shows up for few seconds before vanishing, please add me too in the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, I am also having this same issue for my discord server. May I please be added to this list

I’ve added you as requested. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am also having this same issue for my discord server. May I please be added to this list

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @soerenvogelsang! I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of affected users as well!

same problem here, please put me on the list as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Indy van der Slot! Thanks for letting us know, I’ve added you to the list of affected users on that. 

Userlevel 1

Hi folks, this is an issue that a couple of people have been running into with Discord. I know that it’s frustrating to have thumbnail images work sometimes and not others, and I’m sorry about that. 

There is an open report for this issue, @panoj37456@Ghostlion and @PristineFrog you have all been added as affected users on that issue, which lets the team know how many users have been affected and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.

Hi, I also have this problem, can I get on the same list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi folks, this is an issue that a couple of people have been running into with Discord. I know that it’s frustrating to have thumbnail images work sometimes and not others, and I’m sorry about that. 

There is an open report for this issue, @panoj37456, @Ghostlion and @PristineFrog you have all been added as affected users on that issue, which lets the team know how many users have been affected and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.

Yes, I am having this issue as well....Discord embeds the video description and thumbnail of links....but recently the Zapier app will not post this or if it does, it is quickly removed....not sure why but it is annoying seeing as the thumbnail is the thing that grabs peoples attention.

Userlevel 1

I’ve got the same issue, though sometimes Discord will fetch the video thumbnail and post the YouTube box and sometimes it won’t.  More often than not it doesn’t, but you get lucky now and again.  Because it has the link to the video on YouTube Discord should pull the link info.  The issue appears to be either in how Discord is “seeing” the text of the web link that comes in from Zapier, or in how Zapier is sending the link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there,

I assume if you’re sending something to Discord that you’re using the Send Channel Message in Discord action. I don’t see a place in that action to specify a thumbnail or image. In fact, I see an existing feature request here to add the option to attach images/files when using that action, so I've gone ahead and added your vote for it. 

If that gets added, we’ll notify you via email. In the meantime, I don’t think that’s going to be possible, unfortunately.