Best answer

Zapier - Youtube to Discord Video Thumbnail Issue

Userlevel 2

Everytime I post new video it gives me notification but it is not fetching any thumbnail of video. any help appreciated.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 9 September 2022, 23:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

65 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there,

I assume if you’re sending something to Discord that you’re using the Send Channel Message in Discord action. I don’t see a place in that action to specify a thumbnail or image. In fact, I see an existing feature request here to add the option to attach images/files when using that action, so I've gone ahead and added your vote for it. 

If that gets added, we’ll notify you via email. In the meantime, I don’t think that’s going to be possible, unfortunately.

Userlevel 1

I’ve got the same issue, though sometimes Discord will fetch the video thumbnail and post the YouTube box and sometimes it won’t.  More often than not it doesn’t, but you get lucky now and again.  Because it has the link to the video on YouTube Discord should pull the link info.  The issue appears to be either in how Discord is “seeing” the text of the web link that comes in from Zapier, or in how Zapier is sending the link.

Yes, I am having this issue as well....Discord embeds the video description and thumbnail of links....but recently the Zapier app will not post this or if it does, it is quickly removed....not sure why but it is annoying seeing as the thumbnail is the thing that grabs peoples attention.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi folks, this is an issue that a couple of people have been running into with Discord. I know that it’s frustrating to have thumbnail images work sometimes and not others, and I’m sorry about that. 

There is an open report for this issue, @panoj37456, @Ghostlion and @PristineFrog you have all been added as affected users on that issue, which lets the team know how many users have been affected and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.

Userlevel 1

Hi folks, this is an issue that a couple of people have been running into with Discord. I know that it’s frustrating to have thumbnail images work sometimes and not others, and I’m sorry about that. 

There is an open report for this issue, @panoj37456@Ghostlion and @PristineFrog you have all been added as affected users on that issue, which lets the team know how many users have been affected and also means that we will send you an email if we have an update on this.

Hi, I also have this problem, can I get on the same list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Indy van der Slot! Thanks for letting us know, I’ve added you to the list of affected users on that. 

same problem here, please put me on the list as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @soerenvogelsang! I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of affected users as well!

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am also having this same issue for my discord server. May I please be added to this list

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, I am also having this same issue for my discord server. May I please be added to this list

I’ve added you as requested. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I got the same problem, the thumbnails shows up for few seconds before vanishing, please add me too in the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @BBird5000 - I’ve added you to feature request - thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi, i do have the same issue.

Userlevel 1

I too also am having the exact same issue.

I have this issue also

I have the same issue :( is a fix in the work?

Userlevel 1

I've had it basically work on more times not than when it actually displays a thumb nail photo.  Zappier has some cool features to do some interesting zaps . But for discord the solution I used and has worked perfectly is to go and use a different web hook / intergration which was mee6. This is actually a very well designed and very organized bot. Very user friendly . Following and posting the content of any website like you tube,  reddit, twitch or whatever... it has a thumbnail posted with the link to the video or content. Id suggest to do that for the time being until Zappier is able to fix the bug.  Which they acknowledged that there is no current fix atm.

Hi there,

I assume if you’re sending something to Discord that you’re using the Send Channel Message in Discord action. I don’t see a place in that action to specify a thumbnail or image. In fact, I see an existing feature request here to add the option to attach images/files when using that action, so I've gone ahead and added your vote for it. 

If that gets added, we’ll notify you via email. In the meantime, I don’t think that’s going to be possible, unfortunately.

Am having the same issue. It says it on discord but the thumbnail of the video does not appear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone!

This issue hasn’t been resolved yet, I’m sorry about that. I’ve added the following folks as affected users on the issue, which means that we’ll send you an email if we have an update:

@5CROME

@Phuccinyobins

@BreadGar

@Marijchu

@Midnight wolf

Same problem here, thumbnails are no longer shown.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Same problem here, thumbnails are no longer shown.

The issue isn’t yet resolved, but I have added you to the list as an affected user. We’ll send you an email update once we have information to share. Thanks for your patience!

Same issue here, I would use mee6 but it’s paid only so ain’t happening as I use many different channels and servers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @danielrubio1234 - I’ve went and added you to this bug report.

You’ll be informed via email if/when there’s an update to share. Thank you!

Has this been resolved yet? Having the same issue as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Nimbulan - I have added you to the list of impacted users so that you will receive updates via email!