Best answer

Notion New Item in Database trigger doesn't include content of the page

Show first post

80 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Sanj. 👋

Of course! Happy to confirm that you’ve been added to the list as well. As ever, we can’t provide an ETA on when it will be sorted but you can expect an email notification from us just as soon as the missing Notion page content becomes available to use in your Zaps. 🙂

Add me please, I’m just trying to send the body/content of a page to OneNote. The weird thing is that Zapier shows in YouTube videos that it’s possible, but it’s not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ERGlQLoBwI&ab_channel=ZapierAcademy

+1 for me on this… sheesh this is an important one.

Hi, 

I’m interested by this feature too. 

Thanks!

hey @jammer.solijon, add me please :)

I’m trying to send the rows in a notion table to google sheet but any column of type -Page- on notion appears as an empty cell on google sheet :( 

Please also add me to the list of interested users @Danvers!

Userlevel 1

Hey @jammer.solijon please also update me! :) thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry for the delay here, @bradnoble!

Happy to confirm that you’re on the list, so you can expect to hear from us by email once it’s sorted. 🙂

I am also interested in this feature. Please expedite

Please add me to this. Thanks! I’m running into the same issue. You can’t return the content of the page or even you use the content to append content (it just replaces the content). 

Let’s say I want to write my tweets in a notion database and publish them to twitter automatically.

If I write the text of my tweet inside my notion page content, there is no way to retrieve it in zapier. I have an 1. Object Page as show in @Danvers screenshot, in this post but I’ve not the text content of that page which is what I need.

In the end the only thing that can be accessed are the database properties and not the page content, so I ended up creating a property called “text” and then added my tweet text in it, but it’s not really beautiful.

It would be cool to have the possibility to access the text that is inside a page and not having to add a property.  

i want to integrate my notion faq database to my wordpress page to create automatic posts. i’ll find a workaround until this is a feature. please add me to the list of interested :))

I’d like to join the interested user list too!

Thank you 😄

Super interested here too -- please add me! 

Wow this is absurd people have been asking for this for over a year and its still not available. Did anyone have any luck with creating a new action via webhooks? https://developers.notion.com/reference/retrieve-a-database

Please also add me to the list of interested users

I really need to retrieve the page content. Add me to the list please.

Please add me to the list as well. I really need this feature

My use case: draft LinkedIn posts in Notion, and get them to publish to Buffer when ready.

But as long as we can’t access the page content, it’s a non-starter.

Is there a public roadmap for Zapier somewhere? Would love to see where this sits in the queue.

Thanks for an otherwise great product @zapier!

Hello!

I’m also interested in this feature. Without anyone taking it as an expectation, is there any timeline that may be shared?

Thank you!

Please include me on this. I want to be able to send the contents of a database page to be enriched with tools like ChatGPT but can’t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @aimazap,

I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request. We will let you know via email once the feature ships.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You got it @Sylvaincouderc! I’ve added you to the list of interested users as well. If and when it’s sorted you’ll get an email notification from us to alert you that it’s been implemented. 🙂

Yes add me up

I’ve spent about 2 hours experimenting with this - I simply assumed it must be possible!

Add me to the growing list, please, @SamB !

Thanks

Alex

In my case, I specifically want to copy the content of one database item into the content of an item in a different database.

Thanks