Best answer

Notion New Item in Database trigger doesn't include content of the page

Userlevel 3

Let’s say I want to write my tweets in a notion database and publish them to twitter automatically.

If I write the text of my tweet inside my notion page content, there is no way to retrieve it in zapier. I have an 1. Object Page as show in @Danvers screenshot, in this post but I’ve not the text content of that page which is what I need.

In the end the only thing that can be accessed are the database properties and not the page content, so I ended up creating a property called “text” and then added my tweet text in it, but it’s not really beautiful.

It would be cool to have the possibility to access the text that is inside a page and not having to add a property.  

icon

Best answer by Danvers 18 May 2022, 11:36

View original

79 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @pikapika, thanks for describing how this issue is affecting your Zaps and what you’d like to see in the Notion Zapier integration. I can see now that there is a feature request for the addition of the body/content field in the New Database item trigger. 

I’ve added you as interested user for this feature request. This lets the  team know how many people would like to see this addition and we’ll send you an email when we have an update. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey Team, this is a essential data to pull using Notion database because we have the body content that Airtable and other database tools don’t have. I think Zapier should prioritize it for sure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @kacalica! I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to this. We can’t make any promises around when this would be implemented by but you’re on the list so you’ll definitely be one of the first to be notified by email when it is!

Userlevel 1

Hey all, part of the challenge with this is “content” is kind of different within Notion. This post I’m typing in the reply box is just text but I can also make it bold and red which gives the content various properties. Notion does this too but it’s even more complex. Every paragraph in Notion is a “block” and each block has a type. If it’s just text, it might be a paragraph block but if it’s a list, or a quote, or an image, it’s a different type of block. You can see all the block types here: https://developers.notion.com/reference/block.

So, what I’m getting at is getting the content is a little more difficult than just pulling the text off the page. How should the text be represented in Zapier? Should it be similar to Notion and be blocks? Should it be converted to Markdown, or maybe just plaintext? The answer probably depends on how your going to use the content further in the Zap. I would love to get your thoughts on this, how would you use this content and what format would you want this content in?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @brittwalker 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, We’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @thibaultp,

I have added you as another interested member to the feature request. While we don’t have an exact ETA for the implementation of this feature. We will keep you in the loop via email once there is.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Stim Account 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Wait a minute, you have the option to Create and Update database items, but you can’t add content to the body of the item…?? That’s like having the ability to send someone an e-mail, but you can’t put in any text in it.

Hopefully this get added soon.

Thnx

Add me to the list please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Dani Luque! 🙂 I’ve added you to the list as well so we’ll be sure to send you an email as soon as it’s been implemented. 

Just converted to Markdown would be a great start.  this will allow me to populate my github issues straight from notion pages.

Userlevel 1

please add me to this list

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @WillemVG 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

+1 here and I think a lot more people are waiting for this feature. It’s an essential for Notion + Zapier.
Like said before: it’s like you want to send an email but can’t but text in it. 

Userlevel 1

Please add my vote to this one too and notify me too. 

As someone else said in this thread, the Notion Zapier integration is pretty useless without the ability to pass along the content of a page 😑

Any updates @jammer.solijon on this?

Would also like to know this! Otherwise Notion is quite useless for my zapier actions

Hi everybody - is there any update on this?

Please make this work… this really breaks any kind of blogging workflow.

Please add my vote to this and happy to be notified once this is fixed.

Please add me to the list.

Could you also please add me too? Looking forward for this game-changing feature. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @itos 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

+1

We would also like Notion page content to be retrieved with Zapier.

This might require more consideration given that Notion’s page content consists of block objects for text and images etc. The Notion API is detailed but unsure how page content formatting might be parsed by Zapier.

Maybe a Zapier product manager or developer might want to explain when and how this could be implemented?

+1 we need this!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello there @Kainjoo and @Bassen! 🙂

You’ve both been added to the list now. We can’t give any sort of ETA on when it might be implemented by but we’ll be sure to message you by email once it is.