Question

Ninja Form submissions to Monday.com with Zapier add-on in WordPress?

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

31 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DrewS75

You need to configure this section of the Zap action step to map variables from the trigger step by following this article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

The only values set are the Board ID and the Item Name “New Form Submission”

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Okay, thank you. I figured only the fields noted as ‘required’ would be necessary for it to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DrewS75 

Yes, required fields are the MIN number of fields need to make the Zap work, but only fields with values will be populated.

You can populate field values with static/hard coded values and/or dynamic mapped variables.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Is inputing the predefined values fine for this? In this case, it gives me values related to previous tests I have submitted as seen in the example below under ‘Subitem Name’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DrewS75 

NOTE: Not sure creating a Subitem with the name of who submitted the form make sense.

Perhaps that should be a different field on the Item itself.

You may need to add additional fields in Monday for those to appear in the Zap editor. (refresh the Zap Editor after you do)

You can use static values, dynamic variables, or a combination in a field.
NOTE: As shown below would create a value that reads: NameDrew Shollmier

You likely don’t want the static “Name”, and if you did you’d likely want to add a space between the static value and mapped variable.

Help article about how to change the trigger test data: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

TIP: When in doubt, test it out and check the results in Monday, then adjust as necessary.