Best answer

How do I post a Teams message in HTML format to make URL links clickable?

• 20 September 2020
  • 83 replies

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

83 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Absolutely @yannq 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll keep you update via email. Thanks!

I would like this feature also.  Please add my vote.

Thanks!

I am using Teams (beta) with Linux (Ubuntu). With Gnome terminal, there is a “copy as HTML” option, which embeds it and when I paste into Teams, it’s recognized.  However if i paste it into a text editor, the buffer became HTML code and when I copy/paste the HTML code into Teams it’s not converted, just showing as plain HTML code.

Hope this helps a bit.

Pls add my vote too. Very much needed for us.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @KurtNelezen 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks!

Yup. Same, add me. Very sad I cannot format messaging … a string of field values is ugly as all hell when sending the data.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Kevign @A-Play 

I’ve added your votes for this feature request, we’ll update you guys via email once available. Thanks!

I was scrolling and scrolling hoping a resolution was found at the end.  Nope.  LOL.   @SamB , can I get added to the notification for this as well?  Thanks!

Hi all, +1 from me. 

Chat messages cannot send html or markdown. If I try to format a link like this:

then I get this 

Same for HTML. This is pretty lame as a link would make this much more convenient for readers of this message. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @rodcf 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request and we’ll keep you update via email. Thanks!

Please add our vote! Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @CEllBlier and @Andrew B! I’ve added your votes to the feature request. Once it’s been implemented we’ll send you all an email notification right away! :relaxed:  

Please add me to the notification too. We’d love to add HTML to MS Teams chat message notifications. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So sorry we missed your messages here previously @gaetansel, @Allanjjj, @cvelez, @GCS Operator and @ddaftech!

I’m happy to report that the feature request has since been implemented. So the Send Chat Message action now has the ability to handle both HTML and markdown notation in messages! 😁🎉

That said, please do let us know if you run into any issues in using HTML or Markdown with that Send Chat Message action. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡

I would like to be notified of this update as well please.

Please add me to this notification

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @PieterP,

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll update you via email once this is implemented. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Andrew M! Absolutely. I’ve got your vote added to that. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Julez! I moved your post to a new thread as it’s a little different to the original question and we can answer your question more clearly in a new post 🙂

The short answer is that html isn’t possible but you can add links. You can add links using something markdown language. Markdown is a common language across the internet and is another way to add formatting to text. 

To add a link to text using markdown, type the word or phrase that you want to link in square brackets, then the url in curved (regular) brackets, like this:

[here’s the text that I want to link](https://heresthelinkitgoesto.com)

GitHub have a super handy ‘cheat sheet’ for Markdown that I find helpful: Markdown Cheatsheet (from GitHub)

Have you tried out the new Zapier app in MS Teams? It lets you view, create, and edit Zaps right within Teams. If you look in the MS Teams app store you should be able to find it and if you’d like to learn a little more, we announced it in the news category a little while back. 

If you do install the Zapier Teams app, drop me a DM and I’ll add you to a group where you can share your feedback about the app in the Community 🙂

Hey Zapier - this has been something that is needed for over a year now. Do you know when this will be ready?

Is there any way to format a chat message?

Add My vote too please! This complicates so much of my automation!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @DGFSHL 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll send you email once an update is available. Thanks!

Please add me to this notification 

Mine too please, this is much needed as the chat that we currently recieve is just garbage without line breaks and links!!

@Danvers@SamB@christina.d When is this coming out? Please add my vote.