Question

Newb trying to build a 'Bearer Token' authorization

• 14 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I’m trying to create a connection to Galaxy Digital’s getconnected platform. I’m told they also use a ‘Bearer Token’ API key, which I have.

I started with an API Key authentication with the following required fields, and even added the Header option suggested in another answer - did I get that right?

When I ran this and entered my 3 fields for authentication, I get the 401 error at bottom.

Did I simply login invalid? Or is something wrong with my authentication?

Thanks!

John

We hit an error adding your new account
authentication failed: The app returned "Unauthenticated.". What happened (You are seeing this because you are an admin): Stack trace: ResponseError: {"status":401,"headers":{"content-type":"application/json","retry-after":null},"content":"{\"message\":\"Unauthenticated.\"}","request":{"url":"https://ca.volunteerapi.com/api/users?Authorization=Bearer%20%5BTOKEN%5D&password= ****************** &api_key=f28ef87c-**********************&email=john%40johnkirkwood.ca"}} at _throwForStatus (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/http-middlewares/after/prepare-response.js:13:11) at Object.outResp.throwForStatus (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/http-middlewares/after/prepare-response.js:68:5) at throwForStatusMiddleware (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/http-middlewares/after/throw-for-status.js:5:14) at Object.<anonymous> (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/middleware.js:80:37) From previous event: at /var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/middleware.js:77:26 at Array.reduce (<anonymous>) at afterMiddleware (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/middleware.js:76:21) at Object.<anonymous> (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/middleware.js:94:18) From previous event: at Object.<anonymous> (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/middleware.js:92:10) From previous event: at /var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/middleware.js:89:45 at /var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/tools/create-lambda-handler.js:212:18 at bound (node:domain:433:15) at runBound (node:domain:444:12) at processImmediate (node:internal/timers:466:21) at process.topLevelDomainCallback (node:domain:161:15) at process.callbackTrampoline (node:internal/async_hooks:128:24) From previous event: at Domain.<anonymous> (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/tools/create-lambda-handler.js:196:10) at Domain.run (node:domain:389:15) at Runtime.handler (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/tools/create-lambda-handler.js:192:19) at Runtime.handleOnceNonStreaming (file:///var/runtime/index.mjs:1086:29)

Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
Double check your Account has the correct permissions
Check out our help docs for more information

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jkirkwood001 

Good question.

Are you trying to build a private Zap app integration for Galaxy Digital using the Zapier Developer Platform?

IF this, then it’d be better if this topic was posted under the Developer Zone category.

OR

Are you trying to use an API endpoint from Galaxy Digital?

IF this, THEN in Zap action steps you can use the Webhooks app or Code app.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, Troy, the former. I wasn’t sure. I’ll repost there.

Thx!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @jkirkwood001 👋

Could you share a link to the API documentation you’re using to set up this authentication? That should help clarify what the expected params and headers are. 

That error indicates that either the login credentials are invalid, or they were provided in the incorrect way. 

You’ve likely already seen this, but the guide for API Key authentication can be seen here. 

And you can see full logs and error messages in the Monitoring tab described here. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @MarinaH ,

Thanks for this. All they publish is this and here.

Per troy’s recommendation, I’ve also opened a question here.

It’s frustrating this is so complex. I’ve tried to convince the vendor to create their own, but they don’t seem eager to help.

J

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jkirkwood001 

If you only need a few of the API endpoints, then it may be easier to use not go the private Zap app route.

In Zap action steps you can use the Webhooks app or Code app.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tried publishing my test integration publicly but even that has failed. 🙁

I reached out to an ‘Expert Developer’ via the site, so if I can’t figure this out with everyone’s gracious help, hopefully that will do it!

It seems there are so many options / variables to consider for the inexperienced. That’s what makes it hard to know where ther mistake it.

Thanks again for your help! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m not knowledgeable about JSON (I chose Zapier [and, for other uses, Glide] to avoid coding!) I’ll happily use the simplest model to get this one function between Galaxy and Bloomerang working for my client.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @jkirkwood001 👋

Looks like you’re getting some help over on 

for the authentication setup, for those API docs 🎉

As Troy notes, building an app on the Zapier Developer Platform is an alternative to using Webhooks if you have only one or two endpoints to make requests from.

Making a request for a proposal from a Zapier Expert to build this for you is another option as you’ve noted 👍

And finally - there’s no need to submit your integration for Publishing, unless you wish to make it available to all Zapier users, you can keep it private for you and your client’s use, differences to consider here. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Marina! I assdumed ‘publishing’ was how I could share it with this group. I’ll switch to the other thread to see if the latest suggestion works - thanks!