Question

Zapier pushing two recording links for a single call from OpenPhone to Transcription App

I am trying to set up an automation to auto transcribe calls from OpenPhone and for some reason, Zapier pushes out 2 transcription orders for 1 single recording. Can someone please help me with this. The zap is as follow:

Complete Zap
A previous faulty run. Even though there is only 1 recording link going out from openphone
And only one recording link going into Rev here in this step

Even though there is only 1 recording link going out from openphone, And only one recording link going into Rev here in this step. Revv is getting 2 duplicate orders.

I tried with a different transcription app ‘transkriptor’ as well but it is the same case there. 

Can anyone help me out here please

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

HI @ZapMasterAaditya 

In order for us to have full context, post screenshots with each step is outlined and configured.

1. Step 1: Trigger on call recording completed
    Step 2: Filter for processing outgoing calls only
    Step 3: Cross search the other number on our CRM (unrelated to the problem)
    Step 4: Sending the call recording to transcriptor
    Step 5: Sending the call recording to transcriptor

|
    But there are double orders being placed for some reason 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMasterAaditya 

This may be why…

For the File URL field, the mapped variable is “Recordings URL”, which is plural and seems to indicate there can be multiple recordings.

If you need to handle each separately, then use the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

I see why it might be confusing, I thought so too at first but If you see the second screenshot on my first initial post with Zap run details, you will see that Openphone is only sending out 1 recording link and not 2. You can see in the Data Out section. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMasterAaditya

The URL value is truncated in the screenshot, so we can’t see the full URL value sent.

Also, the values are indented which indicates nesting and may indicate an array of items.

We would need to see screenshots with all the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step from the Zap Runs history details: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Data out from trigger

Data in on transcriptor app.

Hope this provides clarity

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMasterAaditya 

Can you post screenshots that show proof of the duplicate orders from the transcription apps?

Sure, here is a screenshot from Transkiptor from an older run 

Here is reference from the latest run

Here is Duplicate proof

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMasterAaditya 

From the transcription app, each order should have a unique ID that you can use to search by in the Zap Runs to troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Perhaps the OpenPhone Zap trigger is firing more than once.

I see, you seem to be right. Zap was started 2 times for the same call at the same time here as I can check. How do I stop this from happening?​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMasterAaditya 

Looks like the Zap triggered 3 times at the same time.

1 was Filtered.

Check the data points in the 2 Zap Runs that were successful to determine which data points were unique.

Zaps have built in trigger deduplication, so that means the data is likely unique for each triggered Zap Run.

Perhaps there were 3+ callers on the call?

The one filtered out makes sense to me. (works the way I want it)

But the 2 successful zaps should have been just one Zap run and not 2 identical ones triggering at same time, There was just 2 callers on the call (like in any standard call) and the automation is set up only on our OpenPhone account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMasterAaditya 

Check the data points in the 2 Zap Runs that were successful to determine which data points were unique.

Can you please suggest what data points should be checked, as far as I see both the runs are completely identical, even the recording link is exactly the same and the only difference is the Zap code/number

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ZapMasterAaditya 

For us to have context, post screenshots of the DATA OUT from both Zap Runs so we can review.