Best answer

Zap not saving a selection when I publish

• 24 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm trying to build a Zap where a student is automatically added to an online course. When I select which course I want to enroll them in (Course A), it's not saving my selection and keeps defaulting to a different course (Course B) that doesn't even exist anymore.

Can anyone explain why it defaults to the incorrect course even after I publish the Zap?

Secondly, there are times after I finish trying to apply my edits where the "Publish" button is grayed out. It doesn’t appear that there are any issues with the Zap setup, so I could use some advice about that as well.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 25 April 2024, 08:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Seth2107 

One option is to try using a new /different private browser to configure your Zap steps.

Otherwise, for us to have context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Userlevel 1

Sure @Troy Tessalone , I’ll try to add some more context. I did try a private browser as well as a different browser, but I got the same results. So I’ll add some more details if that's helpful.

Here is the step outline:

In the second step, you can see that the pre-selected Course is Sleep Journey — Upgraded:

I select a different course (Sleep Retreat), go through the rest of the setup process, and publish the Zap:

But when I return to view the details of the published Zap, it has reverted to having Sleep Journey — Upgraded as the selected course. The other strange part is that Sleep Journey — Upgraded isn’t even an item that I can select because it doesn’t exist (perhaps it did at one point, but it was deleted long ago).

So I’m not sure why it’s defaulting to something that doesn’t exist, and why it won’t let me save a different selection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Seth2107,

Have you tried creating the Zap from scratch to see if it’ll resolve this issue?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Seth2107 

Also, try using these buttons.

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for your help, @ken.a and @Troy Tessalone . It did come down to creating the Zap from scratch, so I’ll keep that in mind for future Zaps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You are most welcome @Seth2107!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗