Best answer

Zap Connecting Circle and Convertkit Not Tagging Correctly

• 23 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello! I just set up a few zaps to connect Circle and Convertkit. I have a few different ways of supporting people inside my Circle Community, so depending on what paywall they purchase I’d like to trigger Converkit to tag them appropriate to then send automated emails. After testing out my zap, it appears when someone joins one paywall, they get tagged with all 3 tags (VIP level, membership level, starterkit workshop series) inside Convertkit and this should not be happening. I assume it has something to do with how I set up the zaps. How do I set it up so someone is tagged appropriately? Please see screenshots attached. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 23 April 2024, 16:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hilarie 

You may need to add a Filter as Step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Check your Zap Runs history details to see the timestamps along with the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone Thank you. I’m finding the filter step to be confusing. Adding data about “only if...” seems like it will still trigger all 3 tags in Convertkit, because they will match that condition “tag in Circle”, but that doesn’t stop all 3 tags from triggering in Convertkit. Can you walk me through how to do this so the correct tag, and only that tag, is added when the new user is added to my Convertkit subscribers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hilarie 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Filter step is configured.

e.g. If you wanted to filter for the Tag shown in the screenshot, then the Filter condition would be like this:

Left/top: [MEMBER TAG ID]

Middle: exactly matches

Right/bottom: 87618

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone thank you! I tried with your example, and this is what I’m getting. Says this will already run so I’m not able to “continue”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hilarie 

The right/bottom input needs to be a static value.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Troy Tessalone super helpful. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Hilarie! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗