Best answer

WordPress error: This auth is expired. Please reconnect it here. Authentication failed. 403 Forbidden

• 19 June 2023
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve had this zap set up for quite some time now and it’s been working fine, but about 3 days ago it started sending me multiple notifications of 403 (Forbidden) errors, and then was auto-disabled.

The zap is to convert new signups on my WordPress site to subscribers to my mailing list on Mailerlite.

(The site uses the Eduma theme from ThimPress, but my support package has expired - and I’m not even sure it’s their issue - so at present I’m trying to fix the problem without their help.)

This is what I get when I go into the zap to try and fix it:

No idea what the endlessly spinning circle at the bottom denotes; maybe it could be part of the problem?

I’ve tried reconnecting the account (multiple times) and I get a 403 error. 

I’m not using Jetpack, so that’s not the issue. I do have WordPress AIO Security but I’ve tried all sorts of changes to the settings and even completely disabled the whole thing, and it’s made no difference.

I’ve spent ages ploughing through help pages, both on the Zapier site and elsewhere, and even asked my host - they suggested I disable the security plugin and replace the .htaccess file with a new one, which I did - but got nowhere.

I’ve restored a backup of the site from a week before the problem started, but still can’t reconnect.

I’ve tried creating a new user called “zapier” with Editor status (as recommended by Zapier; hadn’t seen that before so had been using my own login) and when I try to connect that I get this - the same as with the previous login apart from the “new account” bit:

Where am I supposed to see a permission popup? I haven’t seen one anywhere.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? (Preferably ones that a non-techie can handle!)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

icon

Best answer by ken.a 28 June 2023, 08:45

View original

34 replies

Hi @SamB ,

Do we have any updates on this fix yet?
Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for checking in on this @Julian.eve. And apologies for missing your message previously!

I’ve checked on the bug report again and it’s still ongoing unfortunately. Really wish I had better news to share on that. 

I know you mentioned that you had used all the methods suggested previously, but I just wanted to double-check whether you able to try disabling the plugins one by one to see to see if you’re able to narrow down which specific plugin is blocking access? Look forward to hearing from you!

Hello
Here I also have the same problem, I have tried to authenticate with zapier and I get the same permissions denied window, I would also like my problem to be added to said list.

About the plugins used in my project they would be the following:

- Atomic Blocks - Collection of blocks for Gutenberg
- WP Headers and Footers
- Code Snippets
- Gravity Forms
- Meta pixel for WordPress
- Profile Builder
- Simple Custom CSS and JS
- UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore
-WP Job Manager
- WP Job Manager - Alerts
- Zapier for WordPress
- WP Webhooks
-WP Reset

I mention all of them in case any of them could somehow be generating the error, and the service used to host my website is GoDaddy.
Additionally, I also mention that I have another website with the same host, but this one is new, without plugins or anything, and it generates exactly the same error as the previous one.

Thank you in advance for your attention and help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Roberto Rodriguez 👋 I’m so sorry we missed your reply here previously!

Thanks for sharing details of the hosting provider and installed plugins that are running on your WordPress website. I’ve gone ahead and added you to the list of folks being impacted by these issues. I can’t give an ETA on when it will be sorted by but I can promise we’ll send out an email notification to you once it is.

In the meantime, if you’re able to make a copy of your current website and turn each of the plugins off one by one while attempting to connect Zapier to that copied version of website that might help you to narrow down which of the plugins is blocking access, without affecting your current website while doing so.

If disabling the plugins doesn’t resolve things then I’d also suggest reaching out to your web administrator or GoDaddy to see if they are able to access any logs on their side that might point to what’s blocking Zapier’s access.

Any updated in this issue?
I am facing exactly the same, please add me to the list to be notified of a fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m sorry to say that there’s no updates on this at the moment, @TiagoRosado. But I’ve added you to the list so we’ll be in touch as soon as it’s resolved.

I’d recommend trying out some of the troubleshooting suggestions posted earlier in this thread (if you’ve not done so already) in case that helps to resolve things in the meantime. 🤞

Pessoal, estou enfrentando o mesmo problema!

Como faço para resolver?

Alguém conseguiu?

Moderator Edit to include Google Translation of original message:

Guys, I'm facing the same problem!

How do I resolve it?

Did anyone get it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @SolarView 👋

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing the same issue. I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we’ll be able to contact you as soon as it’s been resolved.

In the meantime, the only known solution is to temporarily disable plugins to first identify which plugin is preventing Zapier from connecting to WordPress. Then, adjust the security settings for the plugin to allow Zapier’s access. If that doesn’t work then you’d need to check your web server’s security settings to ensure it’s not blocking Zapier’s access - your website administrator/hosting provider should be able to assist with that. Hope that helps! 🙂

Same problem, nice support, waiting 8 months with fix...