Question

Trouble Finding Charges on Stripe to filter through on Zapier

Show first post

39 replies

Badge

Where do I check if the status is completed? I am viewing the trigger and it just asks for the event and then it tests the account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

Search for status in the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step in the “TEST” section.

Badge

This? If that is the case then it currently does not contain the data I am looking for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

Try selecting/searching other examples.

Example of the Status field

Badge

I have chosen checkout D and F, where it says open for status, and when I move onto the payment intent on the next step it still says no data for both. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

You probably need to test live (complete checkout sessions) and click the button [Find New Records] in order to find representative Zap trigger examples to use to configure the Zap action steps.

Badge

If I click complete checkout sessions as the trigger does it not already look for test for live examples? I have also clicked find new records and it does not display any new information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

From experience, the Zap trigger data for “completed” can be interpreted as a checkout session that has been finished meaning it may have been abandoned, successful, etc.

Did you try testing live as an end user, then pull thru fresh examples in the Zap trigger data?

Badge

What do you mean by pull-through fresh examples in the Zap trigger? 

There is a customer who has completed the checkout and I have tried finding their information in the data but it does not appear if that is what you mean by pulling through fresh examples in the trigger data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

Only the 3 most recent examples events will pull thru when using the [Find New Records] button.

Badge

Yes I have gone through that and it does not show me any new information from completed checkout sessions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

Custom pill mapping may be an option to help you configure the Zap steps:

OR try turning the Zap ON, then testing live.

You can check the Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Badge

I was in contact with Stripe and was wondering if because the checkout wasn’t created using Zapier that is the reason why I cannot find the data needed. Is there a way I can retrieve the data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

The data from most Zap trigger step apps won’t be created by a Zap.

An advanced approach would be to try using Webhooks in Stripe. (Developers section in Stripe)

Zap Trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook

This will generate a unique webhook URL to configure in Stripe. (essentially same thing as available Zap triggers that are instant)

If you need help, consider hiring a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts