Question

Trouble Finding Charges on Stripe to filter through on Zapier

Show first post

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

Search for status in the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step in the “TEST” section.

Badge

Where do I check if the status is completed? I am viewing the trigger and it just asks for the event and then it tests the account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

Try this...

Make sure to use a Zap trigger example that has a Status as “completed” Stripe Checkout Session, otherwise some variables won’t have data. (e.g. “No data”)

Badge

I attempted and was either not able to find the input or it came up as having not data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

To derive the Stripe Charge ID, try these steps:

Badge

Is this what you mean? These also do not pass the test or include relevant information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

That is not a valid Stripe Charge ID.

Check the field description for guidance about valid values and examples.

Badge

I have attempted doing what you suggested. 

creating the 2nd filter 
trying to find the charge 

For the 3rd step I am trying to find the charges. I am unsure if this is the correct format. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

In this field.

Badge

Where would I use this? In this trigger step, finding charge step, or when trying to find the email of the customer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

Make sure to add a Filter as Step 2 to only continue for “completed” Stripe Checkout Sessions.

Make sure to use a Zap trigger example that is for a “completed” Stripe Checkout Session, otherwise some variables won’t have data. (e.g. “No data”)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alexandra R. 

The field description provides guidance about the format of the Stripe Charge ID.

You can search by “ch_” to narrow down the variables to map from previous Zap steps.

Badge
the data we already have in the checkout appearing

when trying to find customer email or other information after checkout session has been completed not appearing. 
so when i try to create an email for example and trying to send it the the customer there is no data found.
this is stripe showing the data is there. covered for customer protection* 
but there also being a section where it comes up as null. unsure if this is causing the problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alexandra R. 

In order for us to have full context, post screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured, thanks.