Best answer

Recurring calendar event data not pulling from Outlook

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

53 replies

@nicksimard Could you add my vote as well?  It would help if you linked to this feature request. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Where can we find a link to that feature request?

Please add me as well. 

@Britman99 I’m not sure I’m following your suggestion. I have a filter step set up right after the calendar trigger and still no triggers from the recurring event with that specific name are coming through. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@adfdfdfdfdd your vote has been added!

I would also like to be added to this vote. I have the air table solution in place but it is still presenting a new set of issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Britman99!

Thanks for chiming in with the workaround/solution you’ve come up with :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @colliance,

I’ve added your vote to that feature request too. We don’t have an expected ETA on when this would be added but we’ll notify you by email as soon as it is! :) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @JimP 

We apologize for any inconvenience! I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing, @Vrs! I’ve added your vote to the feature request as well. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s implemented! :)

Userlevel 1

FYI, it looks like Microsoft Power Automate DOES trigger on recurring Office365 events, so for anyone stuck with this issue then that seems to be the way to go. I’ve only just started to explore it but for Microsoft apps it seems to offer very deep integration and immense flexibility - at a price, of course.

Good luck.

Please also add me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mattias Eriksson and @Britman99 I’ve added your votes to the requests :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Marilyn Cahill! Thanks for reaching out. I’ve your vote added to that! We’ll keep you updated via email if this gets implemented as well as inform the thread. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Ditto here!  I’m trying to keep my google calendar uptodate with my Outlook calendar and if I can’t include recurring events then it’s basically useless.

Please add me to this feature request. It is critical for some automations we would like to do. 

@Wemakefuture I would love to see how you worked around this in Airtable.

Hi @Sam, I’ve added you onto that feature request. Thanks for letting us know that it would help you with your Zaps. 

and add us too please - small organisation of 3

To All Watching this: 

You can use airtable and digest to create a workaround for this Zap so 'recurring events' will be created (mind you invite people endlessly often) 

Are you interested in a zap we share? 

Please!

I found a couple of workarounds. One is to have the recurring Outlook meeting with a specific name (or specific set of characters in the name) and filter on those letters. That’s not so good since it will generate unnecessary results if another meeting happens to use that character string. The other, better for me, option is to not use Outlook at all, but to instead use the Zapier scheduler to setup the recurring event and then trigger my text sending from RingCentral via the scheduler.

This integration is a non-negotiable for my organization (large, 10,000+ employees); unfortunately, we cannot use Zapier without it. Please add me to this list for feature request. 

It is also critical that I have this feature operational. This can’t be that hard to tag on… It seems right now the JSON format obtained for each “event” comes from a series (whether it has a recurrence or not). It needs to capture the singular events. The Start Date is from the beginning of the series which doesn’t help anyone unless you’re only looking at the first singular event of the series, which is often not the case. This thread has been open for 2 years. Time to act on it guys… Please add my vote to this. If this isn’t functional, I will need to look for other tools to leverage instead of Zapier. 

@nicksimard Hi! Same here, please add my vote for Outlook recurring events (set also by other collegues and I’m just added as a participant).
I’ve just created a Zap from Outlook calendar to Google Calendar with this purpose, but it does not work.
Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Bookingsboost!

Thanks for your message, I’ve added you to that feature request which means that we’ll send you an email if we have an update. In the meantime, you may want to check out @Britman99’s workarounds, above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Sven G!

I just checked and the feature request is still open. I’ve added your vote to it. I’m not sure that there’s a workaround involving another calendar. I think you’d run into the same problem, since you can’t trigger on the recurring event.

@SMeri I’ve added your vote to the feature request as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @JimP and @torgler! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your candid feedback. I’m happy to pass it along to the team.

I also went ahead and added your votes to this feature request. This is the best way to stay in the loop and allows us to track interested. If and when this gets implemented we’ll be in touch!

Please add us as well to vote on andbe alerted on the feature request.

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @KrisHagel, I hope you’re doing well!

I’ve just added you to the feature request and we’ll be sure to alert you ASAP if the feature becomes available!