Question

Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM error: The app returned "')' or ',' expected at position 9 in '(Testing Company)`."

Userlevel 1

I am needing some assistance troubleshooting the error code below. The purpose of the Zap I am testing is to deliver Unbounce form submissions to Microsoft Dynamics 365. Once the Account is created, I am creating a Contact from the form submission information. Following Contact creation, I have added a step to Update the Account in Dynamics to attach the Contact and Account to one another. I’ve attached a screenshot below of the Zap setup.

When I get the final Action to Update the Account, it is returning the error message below. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated! 

Thank you! 

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kennedy Alvarez 

For us to have context about the error, post screenshots with how the Zap step is configured in EDIT mode for the ‘Action’ tab section.

Userlevel 1

Here you go! Please let me know if you need any additional information here. 

Zap Step - Update Account in Microsoft Dynamics 365

Here are the filled fields:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kennedy Alvarez 

Check the field description for the Account field.

You need to map the ID of the Account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kennedy Alvarez,

I wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on. Were you able to Troy’s suggestion to map the ID of the account?

Please do let us know if you’re still in need of some help on this at all - happy to assist further! 🤗

Userlevel 1

Good morning - 

I have replaced the Account field with the Account ID but am now receiving the following error. Do you all have any advice on how to troubleshoot this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kennedy Alvarez,

This error might be related to the “Primary Contact” field. Could you please try removing the mapped data on that field and test the Zap afterwards? Does it still run into the same error?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Good morning, 

Yes, removing the Primary Contact field ID allowed the Zap to run successfully; however, I am needing to attach the Contact created in the previous Zap to the Account created in Zap #2. Is it possible to utilize the Primary Contact field to attach this information to the Account? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kennedy Alvarez,

Thanks for confirming.

Could you please send a screenshot of the choices of the “Primary Contact” field? The “Primary Contact” field might be formatted differently and requires more than just mapping the ID.

Userlevel 1

Good morning, 

I have attached screenshots of the Primary Contact field setup. Please let me know if you need any additional information here and I appreciate the ongoing help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Kennedy Alvarez,

Thanks for the screenshot. Could you also please send a screenshot of the choices in the “Primary Contact” tab? Like so:

cb36c9d245cb940117660d22870aa10b.png
(view larger)

Userlevel 1

Good morning - 

It looks like it is pulling previously created and existing Primary Contacts from Dynamics. 

The top portion is the name of the Contact and the bottom parentheses shows the Contact ID. 

Thank you  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the screenshot @Kennedy Alvarez!

It looks like the Primary Contact ID is formatted in a certain way like “/contacts(Contact ID)”. Could you please try to format the mapping the same way you see the Primary Contact dropdown choices? Like so:

0c07ca54c14da452ee5effd15dbc1f6c.png
(view larger)

Then you’d want to map the Contact ID inside the parenthesis.

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1

Good morning, 

That did resolve the issue of the final Zap in my sequence returning an error code; however the Contact is still not assigned within the original Account which is my goal with these Zaps. Are you familiar with how to attach the Contact to the Account? My final Zap of updating the Account with the created Contact is not working. 

Thank you! 

Userlevel 1

Good morning -

I just found that a Primary Contact was in fact attached to the Account under the Account Detail tab. Although not under the Contacts tab as I originally wanted, this is sufficient and resolved my issue.

Thank you again for all your help here! I appreciate it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @Kennedy Alvarez! Glad to hear that we’re able to help you out!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗